Sign in to follow this  
Forgedrake

Merchant - upgrade

I was walking through a place with around 20 merchants the other day - and as I looked realized there was little to no good items on them - since most players only check and refill them once a week (unless they live really close by) so got me thinking

why not allow the Fo enchanted mail boxes to restock or collect coins from merchants on same server - this would allow more trade and less wasted time - and before anyone dares say that's not realistic please see the dragon which will be taking all my messages on this subject - as he also must not be real - it seems like allot of wurm is overly time consuming when it doesn't need to be - and simply restocking or collecting coins without spending 5-10-15- or even 30mins both ways just seems more gamer friendly then breaking anything

• Like 1

-1 to this.

The main thing about merchants is if people really want to sell stuff and earn some coinage they need to put some effort in, which means keeping it stocked.

Being able to collect money and restock a merchant when they're on the opposite side of the map for example, would be unfair to the owners of competing merchant owners who are much closer. There are markets spread around each of all of the PVE maps, so if they chose to drop a merchant in the one you were browsing, they already knew they'd have to travel to restock it and collect their profits. They could of placed them in a market much closer to where they live if they wanted to, or better, made their own market like many players do in Wurm. :)

This is what boats and carts are for after all, not teleporting ninja fairies.

TL/DR: the whole dynamic of merchants would be destroyed, and we'd probably end up with a single central market where everything teleport's to it and only the ones who spam out dirt cheap goods will make a profit, without much effort/time involved.

Edited by syncaidius
  • Like 1

gotta disagree there - on epic we have 1 real market per kingdom and there is 50-60 merchants around it selling items of all levels and enchantment types and not just the super cheap stuff sells - as allot of people sell to different groups ( new medium experienced)

the main thing however with merchants is a simplified market system and making weapons armor and tools takes allot more time then driving to the store - so the idea that keeping it stocked is the hard part seems kinda a joke when I can spend 8-10 hours making items for my merchant - then have to sit in a boat for 1-2 hours driving back and forth to restock depending on wind - it really wouldn't even stop a singular market concept either since players still wouldn't want to drive long distances to pick up a item just like in real life where people drive to a closer store thats a bit more expensive then drive out of there way to get items at the cheaper store

I mean the entire argument that it would break a merchant seems kinda odd - it just stops people with time constraints from refilling them or in case of several markets - being able to have 3-4 around the game map so they can earn some coin

Edited by Forgedrake
  • Like 1