Sign in to follow this  
Smilingcat

The shattered mallet...

Drumroll...

It is 17:04:53 on Luck day in week 4 of the Raven's starfall in the year of 1040.

The mallet emits a strong deep sound of resonance, then shatters!

That with a 100 faith, 93 channeling, 60 SD priest within Vynora influence, water and food bar almost full, alignment 100, all prayers done for the day. No armor or weapon worn. Mallet was 92 ql, no other enchants on it yet. And even Luck day!

So even with every precaution.. it still happens! Very rarely, probably 1 out of 10000 casts, which is why I thought I post it.

Maybe proves that safe casting is a myth or are my stats just too crappy?

(start long discussion below)

;-)

• Like 1

Had a 90QL Drake Boot shatter the other day. :unsure:

100 Faith, 92 Channeling, 70SD w/ a 90QL Rare Vynora Altar, 90QL Rare Gold Statuette, 100 Alignment and 100 Nutrition, food, and water as well. :P

Oh well, luck of the draw I guess, lol.

Edited by Xallo

I'm not sure anything is safe in Wurm, even if all your skills/stats were 100. :o

i've yet to shatter anything over 20ql personally.  86 (nearing 87) channeling, 55 sd. 

It's all RNG.

You have casted too many skillers

Vynora wants to zap some of the profits ;p

its that 99.99% think so 0.01% will find you eventually but does seem odd

You have casted too many skillers

Vynora wants to zap some of the profits ;p

LOL!

Yeah guess I can totally not complain! :D

Just why I always warn people who want custom casts on their things. It would frustrate me to break their expensive gear.

I much rather cast on my own crappy stuff and shatter 1 ql hatchets or such. Doesn't hurt at all and even makes for a laugh here and there.

Be grateful it wasn't something extremely valuable or belonging to someone else.. ;D

Hopefully that means you'll go another 10,000 casts without a high ql shatter.

my poor little priest shatter's everything she is still young and growing ... :unsure:

I think it just proves the calculations do not include half the metrics of what we think they do.

Late in 2013 or early 2014 there was a change made that stated that there was always a risk of a shatter now. I had a quick look for it... but gave up.

We noted a significant increase in shatters straight after that patch, but it seemed to drop off again a few days afterwards. These days we get the odd random shatter, but often enough that we get tense when it's time to enchant a rare.

Nothing is safe now, basically.

Tbh I've noticed a lot more "sound of resonance" on high-QL items within the last two or so weeks. Might be a fluke, but doesn't sounds like something an 80 channeling priest should get 20 times a day.

Edited by Aeris

Had a 90QL Drake Boot shatter the other day. :unsure:

100 Faith, 92 Channeling, 70SD w/ a 90QL Rare Vynora Altar, 90QL Rare Gold Statuette, 100 Alignment and 100 Nutrition, food, and water as well. :P

Oh well, luck of the draw I guess, lol.

Well clearly you need 95 channeling, 90 SD, a 95 QL fantastic gold altar and a paving slab in your inventory. Has Vynora taught you nothing!?

• Like 1

Damn I thought this was a new tavern opening up, Oh well!!!

Sorry for the loss