Sign in to follow this  
cmiddlebrook

About placing deeds on Xanadu?

I saw a comment buried in a recent thread that said that non-premium characters can place deeds on Xanadu. Is that correct? Is so then if I am understanding it correctly, those wishing to move from old servers could just create an alt on Xanadu to scout out a place, drop a deed with that alt and then just sail over their stuff from their old server once the connections are opened?

Is that correct?

Yep :) the intention with the free alts being allowed to deed is exactly that.

The alt will have to be premiumed though to give the deed to another character.  Tested this last night with 2 seperate deed holders that were non premium mayors.  I was unable to transfer to an already premiumed character. 

I did note that the non premiumed mayors could expand and shrink the deed and even disband it.  :)

The alt will have to be premiumed though to give the deed to another character.  Tested this last night with 2 seperate deed holders that were non premium mayors.  I was unable to transfer to an already premiumed character. 

I did note that the non premiumed mayors could expand and shrink the deed and even disband it.  :)

Oh really? That's a nuisance if you want the mayor bonus!

*cough* cash grab *cough*

And? They have such a small playerbase, they need to do cash-grabs to expand. 10-1 they'll be using this money for advertisement, increasing the playerbase further for xanadu.

They could do something far more sleazy for a cash-grab, just be glad they're not one of those games.

Duh, Xanadu is not out yet, ergo the code change hasn't happened yet. It is obvious that you don't need to be premium to trade deeds after Xanadu release...

code change hasn't happened yet. It is obvious that you don't need to be premium to trade deeds

lets hope so?

*cough* cash grab *cough*

who cares if it is most of it will be put back in the game and if you don't want to buy coins then don't go until the merge not like the server is going to fill up in a week or two. 

Edited by Kegan

It says you can make a deed it does not say you can trade a deed.  Just watch when you do try to trade a deed from a non prem to any other players.  I would be willing to bet you need to prem up to make this type of trade.  the object of allowing non prems to deed is to give them more reasons to go premium as they invest more into the game and eventually need better skills it is not so old players can exploit the system even though I am sure they will do their best to do exactly that.

Edited by Protunia

Where did you test this at is it even live anywhere? 

You will also need ot purchase coin on your alt as there will be no way to put coin from your old characters to your xanadu alt without the connection being made.

+1 on team for thinking about that, great way to bring in a sizable chunk of revenue from those of us going for the land rush.