Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

A small request for those moving to Xanadu (or elsewhere upon its opening)

Just as a courtesy to players who come after you: if you are moving permanently to another server when Xanadu opens, remember to not only disband any deed you won't be keeping, but also destroy any buildings you will be leaving behind unused.  I know those of us who've moved to other servers often have a checklist of things to remember - just wanted to add this to it. :)

• Like 21

Please please please. It is much easier for a person to burn the writ than it is for the next guy to wait for the walls to crumble. 

I do not think fences are as big of a deal now, without the fear of getting cited over bashing, but there are a good deal of ruins all over Indy of those who came before us, and even a beautiful house looks ugly half decayed. 

Thanks for the reminder Schiann!

This is such a good post.

I must say good call!

Yep, totally agree. I will be destroying my writ when I leave.

+1

+1 and a -1

why, because I agree for the next guy planting a deed asap / taking over your spot it is a hassle to play the wait game.

on the other hand a large part of my fun is finding old deeds rotting and explore ruins/ scavenge. it's a thrill to feel like the first to rummage.

• Like 3

if anything a lot of player have traders who are moving there and those traders will help fund their deeds on Xanadu.  

I would not be hopeful that many people will disband and remove deeds.

if anything a lot of player have traders who are moving there and those traders will help fund their deeds on Xanadu.  

I don't think that people with traders make up any noticeable chunk of the population that will be moving.

That would not be permanently moving, or leaving the deed to decay if that was the case. That would still be a maintained, albeit empty deed. 

on the other hand a large part of my fun is finding old deeds rotting and explore ruins/ scavenge. it's a thrill to feel like the first to rummage.

That is a hard one to address... Personally I think it is better to wipe the landscape clean, but I can see the point here. 

I guess it depends on where you deeded... if neighbours or newcomers will be willing to take over, by all means. If it's in a remote spot, leaving it to rot will give some surprises to people who are out and about exploring.

When Xanadu comes out non-premium alts will be possible as deed-holders, so you could just transfer everything over to an alt that is staying. That way you can "remotely blow up" your deed/writs anytime.

Another request, please destroy all apple trees on xanadu before they're allowed to rot the server.

• Like 2

Nooooo, apple is the most beautiful wood type when visible.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 30, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

...any deed you won't be keeping, but also destroy any buildings you will be leaving behind unused....

1.  Learn to read.

2.  Shut up, Protunia.

lol, williamwierd I support that. I personally will start grinding wood cutting on Apple lemon and cherry, our quadrant on xanadu will be free of their wrath!

at my first response, I will let it rot, but over all writ to an alt, and post a sign with contact to destroy if requested :)

Anyways, on a more serious note, I imagine the only people willing to destroy their buildings will be people with less impressive structures, which take up far less space than people who have impressive deeds, who are also far less likely to abandon their deeds. Because of this, I think that even if people destroyed their writs(anyone who would ever be willing to anyways) it would not make much of a difference. It's really the type of people with 5+ mega deeds that make it so hard to find a good spot to settle down on.

Anyways, that was more of a rambling than a bit of relevant information. Sorry :P

But yar, destroy your writs if you're leaving for xanadu and won't be coming back.

Edited by williamwierd

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 30, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 30, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

1.  Learn to read.

2.  Shut up, Protunia.

3. If you are moving to a new server, you probably aren't gonna leave loot for someone to find. I wouldn't be. :-P

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 30, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 30, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

3. If you are moving to a new server, you probably aren't gonna leave loot for someone to find. I wouldn't be. :-P

loot is relative. doubt I will bring all my anvils for example or bother with removing the 10-50 each of various veg in each fsb or remember to clear out all my bsb or even take all of them with me for that matter.

my half made island is no estate but I'm sure the next person to stumble onto it wouldn't mind a few things a couple of beds the odd items in a ban of extra food :)

lol, williamwierd I support that. I personally will start grinding wood cutting on Apple lemon and cherry, our quadrant on xanadu will be free of their wrath!

at my first response, I will let it rot, but over all writ to an alt, and post a sign with contact to destroy if requested :)

Are you fixing the north desert before moving or should the ones that decided to stay in our home needs to fix that mess?

Please remove locks from gates you're intending to abandon, it sucks when spawns end up inside old enclosures.

• Like 1

+1 But I wish there was a pop up on deed disbanding asking if we wanted the fences on deed destroyed as well. Save a lot of time and effort.

Please remove locks from gates you're intending to abandon, it sucks when spawns end up inside old enclosures.

last time i checked the enclosure rule is gone so feel free to bash away

My favorite activity is to find decaying deeds and scavenge them for loot. It's really fun.

Once I found a full set of 75 QL plate on some village in Desertion

• Like 1

I will bash gates down, everyone should be able to adventure around. Those able to bash a wall down generally are not in the position that a QL40 anvil or x100 QL35 iron lumps are a valued find :)