Sign in to follow this  
LorraineJ

Question about the new Tame checkbox in roles

Now that we have this good Tame checkbox in roles, does this mean for sure that Taming is now NOT part of the permissions allowed when Farming is checked off? Is it disassociated for sure?

Yes, part of this change was to split off permissions that were previously grouped together.   Framing and Taming are now separated, and you can give out one without the other.

• Like 1

Framing and Taming are now separated, and you can give out one without the other.

Glad to hear it, I would hate to have my villagers framing each other for everything that goes wrong around here, so I will leave that one unchecked!

• Like 2

Now that we have this good Tame checkbox in roles, does this mean for sure that Taming is now NOT part of the permissions allowed when Farming is checked off? Is it disassociated for sure?

Never was associated with farming. Taming was a separate checkbox in the roles setting, and was tied with pickup. The only way to allow anyone to tame was to allow everyone to tame AND pickup items on your deed.

Farming was associated with LEAD, which is also now a separate role (which is nice), although if someone is leading they'll probably be doing AH in your deed, so farming is necessary.

Ah I didn't realize exactly when I was turning on the taming back then (which I didn't want on). The more we can fine-tune the permissions, the better.