Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 22

Happens to everyone else who sails.  Travelling by land can be boring 

Not really. Though i guess thats because my horse goes a steady 36kmh faster than any ship 

• Like 1

Sometimes it's worth waiting for wind to improve before sailing, then basic logic you know when it's worth sailing a bit off-course vs trying for a straight line depending on winds.

Straight-line sailing, that's a supreme rowboat or normal one with 2 passengers.  Once again, way "easier" games out there that ignore winds.

As I said before, if shipping gets teleports because "d'aaaaaaaw boooring!!?", then why not a few speed-travel points on land too.

Trust me, land travel's boring when nothing short of a champ troll poses a threat.  "Hell hound... ooo... ah."

Wurm isn't about instant gratification, face it =)

Oh my lord, so much complaining about dragon/drake armor and what map should link to what, sheesh..... 

Is there any kind of release on what time the server will be opened? Or even a counter :3

P.S

Go flood the suggestion thread about changing this and that, my goodness...

I mean.. isnt that what it was made for?

P.S.S

I've been watching the server player count and I see that there's 9 users (most likely the GM's) and Im over here in my own world flailing around spinning my chair demanding to be allowed in X.,X -cries in corner-

Edited by Holo

Sometimes it's worth waiting for wind to improve before sailing, then basic logic you know when it's worth sailing a bit off-course vs trying for a straight line depending on winds.

Straight-line sailing, that's a supreme rowboat or normal one with 2 passengers.  Once again, way "easier" games out there that ignore winds.

As I said before, if shipping gets teleports because "d'aaaaaaaw boooring!!?", then why not a few speed-travel points on land too.

Trust me, land travel's boring when nothing short of a champ troll poses a threat.  "Hell hound... ooo... ah."

Wurm isn't about instant gratification, face it =)

I bet you don´t live on celebration server.

If all goes to plan, hoping to have some form of outpost on every PvE server.

But P&R to answer your question........ and feels small.. cramped even.

If all goes to plan, hoping to have some form of outpost on every PvE server.

But P&R to answer your question........ and feels small.. cramped even.

It feels cramped because it is.  Those are two small servers with quick travel times between them.

In bad wind (light or worse, very light, breeze) even with tacking, you're looking at several hours (could be as much as 4 to 6 hours if you're really unlucky and going against the wind favored by your boat) just crossing Xanadu if it really is 2x the size of Indy on any one map edge.

Having sailed from  mostly central Indy to Cele and back several times, even using Wilds/Chaos as a short cut, it has been known to take me an entire RL day of game time to go just one direction.  Last time I did the North <-> South trip, I watched the entire series of Firefly and the Serenity movie and I was still travelling afterward.

That's not fun.  It adds nothing to the gameplay because most folks afk sail because there is nothing else to do.

You think land travel is boring? Lol.. try making those types of water based trips.  At least on land you can stop and do something else other than travel and still get something done.

Edited by Hussars