Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 22

First, I want to say that I really look forward to these updates, RedBaron.  I literally (almost) jump out of my seat when another banner shows up in the news!  Thanks for this exciting PR effort!  I really love it!

As for the uniques, are you hinting that all freedom maps will start spawning the same set of creatures that Epic maps have in addition to dragons?  Also, it seems like the indication is that they will perpetually spawn exactly like Epic, which if that is true, I think it is a fantastic idea!!!!

Finally, since you mention that uniques will drop items that can be used to improve other items, it sounds like Seryll will be a drop item so that Seryll armor, weapons, shields, etc. can be created and maintained.  This too would be a fantastic idea!

• Like 4

Seriously?!

R.I.P Chaos....this is awful, awful placement - stretching the player base to its limits and killing Choas as it's now so far away! Celebration too will likely share a similar fate.

Economy doom incoming - congratulations for breaking a game already rife with holes. 

• Like 5

I'm sure he will let P&R vote on that in the future (the chaos connection issue that is)

Seriously?!

R.I.P Chaos....this is awful, awful placement - stretching the player base to its limits and killing Choas as it's now so far away! Celebration too will likely share a similar fate.

Economy doom incoming - congratulations for breaking a game already rife with holes. 

Wild hasn't been in jeopardy of dying since it stopped being called Wild.

As long as it has an unrestriced connection to the PVE servers somehow, it will continue to exist because the coin is still feeding their server.

32km x 32km = 1024 km²

16km x 16km = 256 km²

1024 / 256 = 4

It sucks going from Chaos to Pristine/Release. Too many server borders and the distance is too great.

Please connect east P&R to the west side of Chaos.

Chaos => Deli => Xanadu or Chaos => Pristine => Xanadu, the distance is the same!

Edited by Bittereinder

Wild hasn't been in jeopardy of dying since it stopped being called Wild.

As long as it has an unrestriced connection to the PVE servers somehow, it will continue to exist because the coin is still feeding their server.

Wild has been suffering since it joined freedom isles full stop.

It should be placed where Xanu is right now to maintain some relevance. I know everyone would be unhappy if maps moved or changes were made but this getting ridiculous, what demand and player count is feeding these actions? 

• Like 2

32km x 32km = 1024 km²

16km x 16km = 256 km²

1024 / 256 = 4

I think people are referring to fact that on this picture its scale is not 4x indy. Indy is 6 grids wide and xanadu is 9 grids wide. The scale is off on map. either that it it is actually only like 2 times bigger.

Wild has been suffering since it joined freedom isles full stop.

It should be placed where Xanu is right now to maintain some relevance. I know everyone would be unhappy if maps moved or changes were made but this getting ridiculous, what demand and player count is feeding these actions? 

well i guess they can move it back to its own cluster since it is a PvP server maybe that will make you happier?  It is crossing one small server get over it.  It is in the best spot it could have been put without changing everything.

Edited by Kegan

Should connect P&R west of chaos

Sorry I disagree. What I can see is adding the ability to sail to Chaos by sailing east on P&R... But keep the current map position

• Like 1

It is the fact that only 2 maps have bidirectional arrows a mistake in the map, or in fact we will be able to sail from Celebration to Xanadu but can´t sail back from Xanadu to celebration?

If to return from Xanadu to Celebration will get people forced to sail to Deliverance then Exodus then Celebration then idk how to say my thoughts without facing the risk of a ban...  

I really hope it is a mistake.

• Like 1

"Currently the market as we see it is in balance "

Just another example to show that you are completely out of touch with the game.

So everyone should get drake/scale armor? Would that balance it enough to make you happy?

It is the fact that only 2 maps have bidirectional arrows a mistake in the map, or in fact we will be able to sail from Celebration to Xanadu but can´t sail back from Xanadu to celebration?

If to return from Xanadu to Celebration will get people forced to sail to Deliverance then Exodus then Celebration then idk how to say my thoughts without facing the risk of a ban...

I was wondering the same but i suspect (and hope) the map is a "general idea" and not exact from a route standpoint.

Sorry I disagree. What I can see is adding the ability to sail to Chaos by sailing east on P&R... But keep the current map position

I didn't mean to remove xanadu from P&R 

I don't think the lines with only one arrow indicate one-directional connections, not sure why you assume so - Think it works like it does with Chaos, border is split up into parts that you end up on depending on what server you come from (and vice versa different places on the border takes you to different servers)

I'm sure he will let P&R vote on that in the future (the chaos connection issue that is)

Or he will let Chaos decide its own fate like he let P&R do.

Some people consider Indy to be Wurm's best map.

Not that we need another server, but since we're getting one, I am happy to see rugged topography on the new map. If you want to play on a flat server, you have five others to choose from.

Just so where are clear. I'm not saying the terrain should fit my personal opinion of what's fun. I'm talking about how HISTORY HAS PROVEN excessively rugged terrain has proven to be detrimental.

Its cool you personally like rugged terrain. If SOME people want rugged terrain then only SOME of the server should be like this. The best server is one that provided opportunities for different types of players. Take note that I"m not asking for an entire server that fits my agenda. And compare it to your approach of, "my way is right, and anyone who disagrees can go away".

• Like 1

-1 on dragons, its a bunch of crap that the few  people making tons of gold off these gets to keep doing so. I dont see why keeping a friggin pixel armor at 100+ usd, its not worth it, Yet those that have it hold the advantage, Meh moronic choices.   awsome dragons will respawn, but now u screwed everyones chances to get a set too allow a  set few to continue to profit off it. Least we obviouslly see where the devs heads are, sounds they are figureing, keeping them as they are forces people to buy golds to buy the armors,  Ya that one is dieing off if ya havent noticed the massive drop in spending. meh going back to fiddling with 3D max studio, i give up on giving advice to the devs they always do the stupid move that hurts them in the long run.

• Like 2

Should connect P&R west of chaos 

100% agree!! Make the world round, keep chaos relevant!

Edited by NeoAnderson
  • Like 2

No mistake.

Edited by Slickshot

I think people are referring to fact that on this picture its scale is not 4x indy. Indy is 6 grids wide and xanadu is 9 grids wide. The scale is off on map. either that it it is actually only like 2 times bigger.

It is merely a representation of the location and general topical view.  If you notice, Chaos on that map is only 7ish grid tiles wide, yet it's the same size as Independence (16x16).  No worries, it's 4x the size of the current largest servers.

People bi*ching about drake hide should consider the statements that the new loot system will have new items that drop for improving other armors etc so that they can compete with drake hide. I don't get the sense of entitlement, and they are offering an alternative as well.  

A lot of us on Celebration are aware that our server is already in poor economic shape, and this new server will end any hopes in recovering.  With that in mind we have been preparing for this move for quite a while. However, Nobody that I've spoken to is going to spend another cent to create a prem alt for this Cashrush Event.  We will wait it out, And sail over as we please, With no unnecessary expenses.

The traders and dragon changes seem fine to me. But then I have no plans to buy, Or use another trader. So I really wouldn't know.

Overall, The size of the server is a major disappointment. I can only imagine that animals will be very hard to find, Because you never solved that problem on Indy, So I expect nothing more on this server.  Then you jaded the existing players even more, By making us wait a week to go to Xanadu in hopes that you can boost your income with new prem alts, And megadeeds. 

If you really need people to spend money that badly that your willing to lose your existing players, Then you should add items to the traders that are worth buying, And lower those rediculously high prices you have items set to now.

The fact is that we will buy new settlement forms, And we will pay our prem one way or the other. But to be treated as second class because we already support this game is maddening.  I don't even want to think about how the players on chaos feel about their placement in the world, From what I've read, It isn't good.

A smart move would have been to make the players feel that their best interests were the priority, And that you understand that this game has no working economy!  And that this is a move to fix that problem.  But instead you make the same tired old mistakes you always make.  You spread players even thinner, While you take in whatever cash you can squeeze out of people, Instead of making the game more enjoyable to existing players, Which is your number one source of advertising for this game.

I'm to the point that I don't even know what to say anymore.

• Like 4

80% attentiveness and 85% saying Yes to P&R joining another server? You better dont let the MSM get a note of this or they will flame you being related to Putin :)