Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 22

Well now with the low drop rate there is only going to limited sets per dragon i think one full hide makes a little over 3 sets and seeing how it takes 15-20 players to kill one i don't think there will be much of a public request for hunting groups. There won't even be enough for the whole group to have a set so they will either have to sell the hide and split the coin or hunt 3-4 dragons so everyone gets a set. It will be more of a race to see who can find them first and with the new AI they are working on they won't be blocked off either..it should be great fun, lol

Edited by Kegan

Trader payouts should also be tied to Deed Size and upkeep paid monthly. Matter of fact make it so only people who have Traders pay into the kings upkeep used for Traders and then use the other upkeep from non Trader Deeds to make other ways in the game for players to gain coin from the king.

Small Trader deed would get far  less payout than a Large Trader deed who pays in more upkeep.

Using that with the Idea of how much stuff the Trader sells and How many people use the trader would definitely stop the 1s trader deeds fro being planted all over the server wasting land.

Heck you could even have Trader Contracts have a Maximum payout in its life time to stop players from planting mutliples and using the game forever.

The one thing I never Liked was the Fact other peoples Deed Upkeep being used to keep Trader Deeds alive and running while they profit endlessly from it.  If there was some way to remove this bonus from other players Deeds who do not have traders that would help as well.

Also how about getting rid of the kick back for buying Trader from Traders once and for all???

They do not cost 50s, but actually like 38s and the rest get put back so they can drain it.  remove the kickback completely.

Another thing people do is use just one type of item to drain and feed Traders you could base it on all the items in the game and the amount of items those traders get as to how the pay out system works.

Trader is in a locked area??? no payout....locked house?? no payout......Or make them not usable in a house period.

Develop other ways to enhance the game with the Kings Payout instead of Traders......that all players can do that compete with the funds given out and end this private funds given to Traders.

There are many ways to end the trader deed exploit you just have to take a step to do it and make a commitment.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 2

With uniques respawning on all servers, will they be weakened a lot to make up for them spawning in inhabited areas?

Will regular respawns be seen on all servers or just on Xanadu?

• Like 1

If you are planning on making it so you have to imp drake armour with drake hide forget it, its already hard enough imping it with leather.

Certainly a change i don't want in for freedom and chaos!

• Like 3

If you are planning on making it so you have to imp drake armour with drake hide forget it, its already hard enough imping it with leather.

Certainly a change i don't want in for freedom and chaos!

Yes, please hint to us that you won't implement this change.

Yes, please hint to us that you won't implement this change.

No where did they hint that they were...  I swear this community is full of doom and gloom speculation, reading the worst possible outcome into every announcement.

• Like 3

I also don't understand why everyone is upset over the players that have killed dragons in the past and have hide they worked to get it. Everyone had the same chance as the rest to find the dragons when the new servers opened up but most players were more concerned in what spot they wanted over the dragons. The players that were seeking the dragons found them they worked to do that instead of finding the "best" spot for a deed. 

We hear the same BS from the right wing everywhere to justify the privileges of a chosen few. So now being at the right place at the right time, most probably after a hint from those in the know, then spending a few minutes killing something, is now "working hard to get it", and is supposed to give some exclusive privilege for life? Privileges for half a dozen people like the ability to sell in-game items for 70€? And this is being called "balanced" in patch notes? OK, I want to "work hard" to get me some of that. What do you mean I can't, is the system rigged against me or something? But hey, feel free to follow through and criticize my sense of entitlement.

Here's what "working hard" is. It's spending 3 months to fend off a greenish troll invasion, almost alone. When you can solo regular trolls but not the greenish ones. With a combat system that lets you hit a tiny jumping wild cat with a 2H sword on horseback 100% of the time, but will make you miss a brickhouse of  a troll 9 times out of 10. When you are made to hit so rarely that they regenerate faster than you do, so you fight them with your tower guards and thus get zero skillups. When you find the lair, but something spawns as soon as you start hitting it, and because of some retarded game mechanic you can't even climb onto your horse when in combat.

When you wake up one morning to do some in-game chores before going to work and see 12 of them on the deed. When you make a set of plate for your guards because otherwise you'd spend hours every day just fighting these trolls. When you spend time the next day to recover said plate from guards that died while you were away. I'll pass on the fence fixing.

And what does one have to show for it? Almost 200 troll clubs, that one can't even giftwrap because someone doesn't have time to re-enable the feature so now the "reward" is all rotten.

This is hard work, not killing a non-respawning creature years ago when most of the current population wasn't even here, but as usual, real hard work brings nothing. Thank you Wurm for being true to life, I guess.

• Like 4

No where did they hint that they were...  I swear this community is full of doom and gloom speculation, reading the worst possible outcome into every announcement.

WOT.

"In lines with this I would further want to hint that instead, the uniques will start dropping materials that can be used to improve items."

Though it wasn't EXPLICITLY stated, these sorts of "hints" are worrisome. 

When you can solo regular trolls but not the greenish ones.

This means you're not working...well... playing (:P) hard enough.

• Like 1

Uhm why do I feel that chaos is getting blue balls ? Couldn't you guys connect us to xanadu too ? Everyone's connected to Xanadu, except from us.

+1

North Chaos = Independence

West Chaos = Pristine or Release (apparently it can only be one or the other)

South Chaos = Celebration or Exo (see above)

Southern Cele = Independence (and vice versa)

doo eet ;D

Maybe it's just me but I don't care much for the perceived 'immersion' that sailing provides; I don't understand why we can't just easily sail between all servers with minimal time - it would certainly encourage traveling and trading with players.

Chaos players will be severely discouraged from venturing to Xanadu if it's going to take them 10 hours to sail back in the event that their kingdom requires them for defending or attacking.

This layout just makes Deliverance the center of everything by requiring you to sail through it if you want to visit most servers lol; if in a few years we have a big impalong or some other event will Deliverance be able to handle a thousand players crossing through it over the span of a few hours? What if Deliverance crashes - it would hypothetically render most server travel impossible correct?

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 4

+1

West Chaos = Pristine (north side) Release (south side)

South Chaos = Celebration or Exo I'm not fussy

doo eet ;D

Maybe it's just me but I don't care much for the perceived 'immersion' that sailing provides; I don't understand why we can't just easily sail between all servers with minimal time - it would certainly encourage traveling and trading with players.

Chaos players will be severely discouraged from venturing to Xanadu if it's going to take them 10 hours to sail back in the event that their kingdom requires them for defending or attacking.

This layout just makes Deliverance the center of everything by requiring you to sail through it if you want to visit most servers lol; if in a few years we have a big impalong or some other event will Deliverance be able to handle a thousand players crossing through it over the span of a few hours? What if Deliverance crashes - it would hypothetically render most server travel impossible correct?

I guess they need to be playing the PvP they say they so desperately need.

why the hell would they need to go to xanadu anyways no PvP there.

• Like 2

Why the hell are you still here Protunia? Didn't you say you quit this game for Life is Feudal?

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 2

+1

doo eet ;D

+1

• Like 1

Why the hell are you still here Protunia? Didn't you say you quit this game for Life is Feudal?

Quit Wurm....yeah ok.

Anyhow who are you are why should I care? :D

Oh and when you have 5 years wrapped up into this game it takes awhile to unwind it all . ;)

I'll be here for while getting rid of stuff and managing my 8 or so properties 

Edited by Protunia

-snip- tradernerfspeech

Is this the same Protunia who drained traders like crazy on Pristine when it first openend?

So now that you earned as much as you can from traders, you come to post "nerf" suggestions, smells trollier then the old Protunia to be honest.

Well, its making up for the time when it was all about epic... Xp

Also the decorations and stuff also affect epic positively, its not like Wurm's best aspect is the combat, ever.

About the trader change, well, that's just cool to benefit people with multiple Premium characters. If i have 5 premium chars (which i do, well more if ex-premium count), then i ALONE (although my brother co-owns the things lol) will be getting more silver from traders than the 3 guy group next door. So basically nothing changes. Established players will be benefited new players won't.

Quoting Rolf: "GG"

+1 this new rule for traders is worse then current!

just so you guys know i think the point in the trader change is so you can't use them for upkeep and prem time................^^

+1

doo eet ;D

OP please listen - all Wurm GM's and development team please listen!

Look at the amount of likes and support the chaos posters are receiving.

This move totally alienates us - would connecting the west coast up to P&R really be that much of a challenge? They have already agreed to being linked to Freedom Isles.

Allow us the same privilege - allow us to remain relevant!

• Like 3

I don't care about dragons. Y'all can go do your dragon thing. Too much fretting for me.

(and really I tried plate and even though I look so much cooler decided studded/chain makes me look smarter in PvE).

But one issue on the connection thing ... I hope it isn't just like Chaos. I mean .. Celebration having a connection outside of just Exo is cool. That's new!

But idk why it can't just be moved down a notch. Make Exo the default leave instead of Deli. As far as I've experienced and heard Deli already has lag issues that other servers don't experience. Likely don't want more.

If we can't have the perfect round world that would make soooo many players happy (south cele connected to north indy, P/R connected to west chaos and east xan - and really I don't know what's stopping this, it would be huge for those areas and make current assets way more viable for future players - I really don't get why this isn't already a thing) then ...  oh I lost my point in writing the () bit. Round world. Doesn't hurt anyone and would be huge for current players.

Seriously do this. What's the downside?

• Like 1

I wish traveling by boat would be different, instead of using set connections between servers, why not offer the player a list of islands to choose from once he/she gets to the border of their current server. This way you can directly go from any one server to any other server. It's one big ocean after all, with all islands having the same general climate, so their location in relation to each other doesn't matter much. Of course to prevent abuse, if you leave a sever then this server should remember which border/location you used to leave it. When you return to that server then you should always return to that location, this way you can't abuse it to quickly get from one border to another in the same server. If you travel to a server to which you've never been before then you could arrive randomly at one of the four borders.

I think this would be a big improvement to the sailing system, and it scales perfectly with more servers, while the current system really doesn't scale that well. Interestingly enough the current system also seems to have shortcut issues. According to the map given by Rolf, if you are on Celebration or Exodus and you want to go to Independence, then you could first go to Xanadu, then immediately turn 180 degrees and cross the border again, arriving in Deliverance. From there you can go to Indy. This is much faster than currently traveling straight north and you'd be in Xanadu for only a minute or so. This is my main issue with the current design of the travel system, the more servers you add the more of this stuff you get, but if you use a system where you can travel from any server to any other server then such shortcuts aren't a factor as you can travel directly to your target server.

• Like 2

OP please listen - all Wurm GM's and development team please listen!

Look at the amount of likes and support the chaos posters are receiving.

This move totally alienates us - would connecting the west coast up to P&R really be that much of a challenge? They have already agreed to being linked to Freedom Isles.

Allow us the same privilege - allow us to remain relevant!

+1

Very much needs to form a globe with as many as possible links being 1 hop away.

Trying to decide is Chaos really full of weekend warriors or are they just looking for a faster route to hunt dragons?

Maybe I should do a poll.

• Like 7