Sign in to follow this  
clio

Deed Resizing

I was thinking n looking at it if some one was to resize there deed and there was a house on the perimeter they should b allowed to take over the area like before but limit it so that u cant dominate the whole land etc for example the higher u resize the more it costs sure we got it now but triple the cost so that it isn't an issue instead of waiting a year for a player to play wurm again we as players should be able to take a small plot of land if a new player wants to deed they have to find a suitable plot and find it in a way were it doesn't irk the neighbors and no buildings nearby just a food for thought in a whole allow us to resize our land size so we can touch over the houses if a player hasn't played for months an someone comes on by they repair the house etc we have to wait more than usual

I was thinking n looking at it if some one was to resize there deed and there was a house on the perimeter they should b allowed to take over the area like before but limit it so that u cant dominate the whole land etc for example the higher u resize the more it costs sure we got it now but triple the cost so that it isn't an issue instead of waiting a year for a player to play wurm again we as players should be able to take a small plot of land if a new player wants to deed they have to find a suitable plot and find it in a way were it doesn't irk the neighbors and no buildings nearby just a food for thought in a whole allow us to resize our land size so we can touch over the houses if a player hasn't played for months an someone comes on by they repair the house etc we have to wait more than usual

Translation:

You want to be able to expand over another players house on your deed's edge.

Solution:

This is already in-game.

Expand your deed's perimeter over said house.  It blocks the house from repairs unless within the area of effect for a Mag altar and someone casts Ritual of the Sun (which repairs everything within the altars Area of Influence).  If the owner is offline for extended periods of time (i.e either 30 or 60 days I believe) there is an increase in the house's decay rate.

Edited by Hussars

thing is lets say the person is a CA for ex: than the structures haven't fallen due to the said Ca undeeded n of which buildings haven't fallen and of which means u cant take over a tiny plot of land nor access the said structures

-1 This would allow for people to push people out of an area

thing is lets say the person is a CA for ex: than the structures haven't fallen due to the said Ca undeeded n of which buildings haven't fallen and of which means u cant take over a tiny plot of land nor access the said structures

I assume you are implying that a CA or other staff member is doing something to bypass decay mechanics, or abusing their role/status?

If they have an enclosure, it is no longer protected by the game's rules.  Messing with the enclosure is legal as long as the GM's deem it to not be griefing.

If the building is next to your deed (or a deed you placed next to the building), you are by rule allowed to expand your perimeter over that building.  Again, a GM may get involved and the outcome is up the GM team, but unless you can be proven to be griefing, it is (by rule) legal.

What it really sounds like is you are wanting to be able to loot anything/everything on the PVE servers, because on the PVP servers, this is not an issue.

I don't want to loot items no I want to be able to expand a little bit on the deed resizing but having to wait on trying to see if a CA has the writs to the structures seems like it will be a week when really the buildings are just sitting there undeeded etc really think there should be a way were we can deed over these buildings I don't care what is inside the buildings just want to resize

I really don't see this as a thing other then to allow wealthy people to push noobs outta there homes

also for the love of god sentence structure take a breath in there man use a - or a new line so we can understand u

however I see this as only freedom being a issue - on epic we could just catapult your house

I really don't see this as a thing other then to allow wealthy people to push noobs outta there homes

also for the love of god sentence structure take a breath in there man use a - or a new line so we can understand u

however I see this as only freedom being a issue - on epic we could just catapult your house

You can already do this on Freedom.

Drop a deed in the area, expand the perimeter over their house, is legal and happens already.  They can't repair it, you just have to wait for it to go *poof* and if there is a Mag altar nearby, you have to worry about someone casting Ritual of the Sun.

yeah but his way is simpler was what I was getting about

and yes I've played freedom before epic and still visit time to time to see friends