Sign in to follow this  
Liari

Farewell

Another farewell post, those who don't like it, should stop reading.

I've left Wurm and my lovely host Schiann at Oak Harbour and just wanted to say goodbye and state my reasons.

So Farewell my fellow Wurmians, it was fun most of the time and I found helpful people mostly and helped some myself with word and wares and horses.

Schiann, check on the ship transporterwith the knarr from time to time, QL21 damages easily.

And this is one of the reasons I'm leaving: decay on payed-for deeds, I was always running around repairing here and there.

Another reason is the change in fighting: before I was able to survive a troll attack with QL 65+ equipment (which is not bad in my opinion, 2/3 to max possible) with around 1/2 of my health, now I have to run 1-2 times to heal up. And there are a lot of trolls all around, they seem to breed like rabbits. And the equipment damages way too fast.

And one big reason is the bug handling: pumping out new features one after the other might be nice, but if you don't fix long time existing bugs, it turns a bit dull, like "Oh some more bugs incoming".

I was still waiting for the LW creation bug to get fixed or the bug with adding tiles to an existing house.

And then the ratio: for me as breeder I found it discriminating, I can have trees or fields on every tile, but not animals. And changing enchanted grass to being able to get trampled (and enchanted trees to get hacked down - so why bother with trees? No protection, no harvest, no sprout?)

And the farming changes from garantueed to action+luck based harvest, though that was a rather minor point for me.

And new features: releasing Xanadu without first finishing some stuff like bridges, rivers, sheep and 3D mining to add there, when the existing servers are loosing more and more people, makes no sense to me.

Except for making money on new people.

All in all and with the year I bought for my chars just before the massive price increase going to an end I decided that, though Wurm has nice features, I'm not willing to support it any longer. It was the most costly game I've ever played, a game payed per char with no option for more than one char without multiboxing - multiboxing is nice when mining, but the price is too high. 16€ per month and char + deed - I pay less for games with professional bug handling.

So Liari has gone to sleep and Boa, Cirrus and Maglia went to friends together with deed and trader.

Farewell then, have fun, I'm currently playing Diablo3 and FFXIV - A Realm Reborn.

/hugs and /waves to my friends

• Like 3

"I'm quitting so I can air all my grievances with no ability for people to respond since I've quit the game and there's no longer social consequences for it from my perspective."

Just how I always feel about these posts. Anyway mate, best o' luck with new gaming ventures.

• Like 5

byee Liari! see you someday! Me and jenks will miss you! 

"I'm quitting so I can air all my grievances with no ability for people to respond since I've quit the game and there's no longer social consequences for it from my perspective."

Just how I always feel about these posts. Anyway mate, best o' luck with new gaming ventures.

Most recurring subscription based games that I have played WANT to know why I stop playing (or paying at least)... just saying. I don't consider these posts meant for me, but for the devs, so I don't get annoyed whether the reasons they quit are some I agree with or some I find to be minor issues, or some I have no issues with at all.

Maybe they just need a "Farewell-forum" though :)

• Like 5

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 27, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 27, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Goodbye Liari, was fun knowing you in wurm, hehe I shall miss the conversations about our lovely enemy ;)

Have fun in whatever you choose to do :)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, May 26, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, May 26, 2014 - trolling

Oh look another half-brained comment by an Wurmforumwarrior.

Best of luck in the future, always sad to see someone leave the community.

^^^^ agree wurm needs all the players it can get , sad to see anyone leave ....

Why should there be any "social consequences" or even an "ability for people to respond"? The person quit and was kind enough to take some time to write why. Period. There is no discussion to have here. Why do you think you can even be involved in this? "Oh, some random guy on the internet doesn't agree with items 3 and 6 so I must to keep playing" ?

And I happen to feel the same way as the OP. In my experience quitting a game was never the matter of one HUGE issue, these are dealt with within the first days. After the demo period it's a matter of a multitude of little frustrations accumulating until you can't see the fun behind them. To add to what the OP wrote, I figured out yesterday that the stupid 5% rolftax took away one third of the dirt I had stashed away a few months ago, I don't want to do the math for the rest, and if anyone thinks that this adds to the fun factor instead of the suck factor should have his head checked. Way too many frustrations that have no business being there, they're not made to balance anything, they're just a social experiment to see how far you can push people.

• Like 3

It's pretty common if you uninstall software to get a pop up asking you to tell them why you are doing it.

I think if you're the type that gets annoyed at petty little things then Wurm really isn't the game for you.
Most of us that stay complain, alot.. Though we do it because we love the game :P

Best of luck on your gaming adventures :) 

a) those who didn't like me stating why I quit, weren't able to follow my advice in the first sentence - masochists? Or only people who like to to complain about everything?

B) this is no ragequit - I just lost fun playing and found it tedious to repair and replant and re-enchant, so I was consequent to stop - gaming should stay fun

c) this post is mostly directed to ingame friends and the devs and those who might had contact to me and wonder where I went

d) I don't like PvP in any form, so playing on epic or on chaos I never even considered

Finally. I've waited a long time for this.

I'm glad you feel better now - must have tormented you for more than a year. ;)

I've reported all the bugs I found, but more often than not a "Thank you we will be looking into this" was the only consequence. When they charge like a big company, they should handle the game like a big company. They didn't and I'm not supporting it any longer. So which "social consequences" should I have faced in your opinion? Letting run out premium and get killed by the local mobs? Sure sounds fun.

But thank you for your wishes, and same to you.

byee Liari! see you someday! Me and jenks will miss you! 

Cu Rose, best of dragons. And /waves to Jenks

Good luck to your HoA and getting more sl... people who need help ;) - maybe Xanadu will bring in some more of them, you only need to start a new location there.

Edited by Liari
  • Like 2

I dont mind this threads, but I think they should be made or moved to wood scraps.

I dont mind this threads, but I think they should be made or moved to wood scraps.

We'll it is related to wurm, so it "does" fit here.

With that said, I'll take the first sentences advice and leave ^_^.... Have fun with what you choose to do.

Most recurring subscription based games that I have played WANT to know why I stop playing (or paying at least)... just saying. I don't consider these posts meant for me, but for the devs, so I don't get annoyed whether the reasons they quit are some I agree with or some I find to be minor issues, or some I have no issues with at all.

Maybe they just need a "Farewell-forum" though :)

Damn, even some F2P browser games will send you a mail asking why have you stopped playing for so long.

Sad to see another one leaving, but truth is if every player who quits wurm did one of these the Forum would be way more active.

How's that different from anything on the internet? How's that any different from anyone else voicing their displeasure at how the game is progressing? At least it affects him/her less if their forum account gets a ban for "dev bashing".

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 27, 2014 - Removed - Unncessary
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 27, 2014 - Removed - Unncessary

seeing my post was removed.  i guess calling someone out on being a male member or a nother name for Robert.  Is frowned on, but trashing someones farewell post is praised.

GG

In the great EVE Online tradition: "can I have all your stuffz??????"