Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Traders Finally Nerfed?

Ok, so 11 days since my last drain and my trader only has 40c on him.  My ratio is double the minimum.  I think Rolf finally did something to the traders.  I am on Deli.  Anyone else seeing their traders dry up?

• Like 2

Mine seems to be giving about 1/2 of what she used to, also on Deli.

A lot less deeds to pay into kings coffer, so less trader pay out.

People been disbanding left and right pass month, waiting for Xanadu.

• Like 2

Good point. With the likelihood of Xanadu traders working differently and the exodus from some older servers, it's a natural nerf of sorts.

I have made my plans without trader income i have paid my years subscription and sold all but one small trader deed waiting to move to Xanadu. Once we learn of the changes then i will figure it all out then but i have figured that i can pay my premium and 8s per month in upkeep and not worry about making any money in-game.  I will have to buy the years subscription and one gold coin a year but i am okay with that and that should give me more than enough space to do what i want.  

TLDR: Don't count on trader income moving forward only deed what you are prepared to pay for out of your pocket. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

I have made my plans without trader income i have paid my years subscription and sold all but one small trader deed waiting to move to Xanadu. Once we learn of the changes then i will figure it all out then but i have figured that i can pay my premium and 8s per month in upkeep and not worry about making any money in-game.  I will have to buy the years subscription and one gold coin a year but i am okay with that and that should give me more than enough space to do what i want.  

TLDR: Don't count on trader income moving forward only deed what you are prepared to pay for out of your pocket. 

Indeed, I am not counting on trader income either.  In fact, I have been one to promote the idea of removing all traders except those found in the starter deeds.  Fortunately, I have already recouped all the money I put into traders and then some.

The only thing i want to see done with traders is to get rid of that stupid ratio. You would see more open traders that way. 

• Like 1

The only thing i want to see done with traders is to get rid of that stupid ratio. You would see more open traders that way. 

The reason you won't see open traders still is because people already camp any open traders to drain every last copper off it

• Like 4

all normal from 14 traders i run it now...  no big change at all..

Deli.  I don't drain my traders lots throughout the month. I rest the ratio on day one and drain all the money on around day 25.

Logging started 2014-05-19

[15:28:42] Trader_Jill targets none, and fights none

[15:28:42] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=0, spent=0 Ratio=0.0

Logging started 2014-05-25

[02:16:53] Trader_Jill targets none, and fights none

[02:16:53] Economic breakdown this period: Earned=96028, spent=7 Ratio=13718.286

This isn't completely true. Current deed count is 522. It wasn't that long ago it was 547. I don't think 25 deeds constitutes "a lot".

http://freedom002.game.wurmonline.com/mrtg/villages.html....the yearly graphs show that deeds are on the decline now but the decline doesn't match up with "a lot".

It is possible that those 25 or 50 deeds where 10s+ upkeep. I hear GD reduced its size and guard count too.

I just checked and Jill has gain about 13.6s and 9.6s of that is what I put on it to reset the ratio. So I've made 5s in about 5 days. I'd say that is actually faster then normal.

Edited by joedobo

Rolf has stated that traders on Xanadu are likely going to change, but that traders on the old servers will definitely not change for now.

thanks for getting me scared. i invested in traders deeds a few months ago. and bought a very large deed.   my deed sets upkeep is just over 60s a month , i get enough extra to prem my preists.  i'd fine loosing a bit and only make upkeep. 

but from what you were stating 1/2 income ,that really scared me. cus i can't put anymore money into the game. i spent 3k EU lasy yr on this game. i'd hate to loose  deeds.  i downsized most of the traders deeds to min size and have them preserve hunting areas me and my nieghbours all use.

But i'm glad i test things out myself.   my 2 last traders i havn't sold yet on deli. still making coin, already has 2s each.  and my cele traders seem to also have 2s so far. i think thats all on track with normal. i get 6-7s per month.

Rolf's statement about traders still confusing to me.

"Traders

Are going to be changed for Xanadu but how is not finally decided. We will however change how they currently work.

More details will follow."

this statement  does seem to say traders will change for the new server but they don't know how.  then the 2nd part of that statement seems odd to me 'We will however change how they currently work.

More details will follow."  that looks like a 2nd statement to me. possibly meaning all servers vs just Xanadu .  CUS why state twice  that they're will be changes.   i hope it just means new server only.

in base i think there will be change just in way where money goes instant in pockets directly into upkeep or something... 

Sorry Validate (and everyone) for creating a scare.  I think I figured it out.  It appears that my last drain must have been just before the reset when I thought I had made it just after the reset.  My ratio was likely 0 all this time because of that.  :(  

So now I am actually surprised I had any coin at all.

• Like 2

Sorry Validate (and everyone) for creating a scare.  I think I figured it out.  It appears that my last drain must have been just before the reset when I thought I had made it just after the reset.  My ratio was likely 0 all this time because of that.   :(  

So now I am actually surprised I had any coin at all.

Get Info... Get Info... Knowledge is Power.

IMHO traders should be removed, then have things like sleep powders, deed forms, etc sold on merchants. Give the owner of said merchant(s) a percent cut of each "trader item" sale then use the rest for the sell-to-token system, reimbursements or... if you're crazy enough, as loot in tiny amounts.

That way, nobody has any reason to lock up a merchant, as they won't be drainable. In fact it'll encourage the opposite since the merchant owner will get a cut out of each deed form/special-item they manage to sell.

If Rolf wanted to go really crazy, I suppose he could let people control the prices upwards only. So if you're lucky enough to have the only merchant for hundreds or thousands of tiles, then maybe you could bump the prices up silver or two, earning both Rolf and yourself an income boost, should anyone too lazy to find a cheaper one buy from your merchant. In no way should this be adjustable downward below the current item prices though (10s for deeds, etc).

Edited by syncaidius

Basically, no one knows how Trader functioning will be changed, upon Xanadu or the current servers. Not even the Dev's have decided yet, as the above quoted statement plainly states the vagary of what will be done, if you can indeed be plainly vague, which seems to be a special ability acquired by some time participating with the responsibility to come to certain unpopular decision making capabilities. Heads or tails, you loose. So best to keep the coin safely tucked away for a more rewarding outcome.

=Ayes=

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, May 29, 2014 - Racism, 30 days
Hidden by Jberg, May 29, 2014 - Racism, 30 days

Gimme yur mony goy, traders are bad ;/

src_1329926434064.gif

all normal from 14 traders i run it now...  no big change at all..

+1

I track it all in Excel and here is what payouts are looking like to me; the price increase totally screwed payouts a bit but it seems to have adjusted to 6-8s average per trader and essentially stayed there since November.

QY08MNd.png

FWIW this is based on info from my traders spread across basically every Freedom server excluding Pristine/Release and non Epic.

I'm rather interested how the above graph will look after the Xanadu launch and potential removal of a large part of the economy from traders but it was good while it lasted ;)

FWIW this is based on info from my traders spread across basically every Freedom server excluding Pristine/Release and non Epic.

I'm rather interested how the above graph will look after the Xanadu launch and potential removal of a large part of the economy from traders but it was good while it lasted ;)

Kinda depends. As it seems, as of late all traders on same kingdom share the same money pool, instead of being server-bound, as such, xanadu being freedom, that pool will probably be shared as well.

Plus they didn't really nerf traders for xanadu, if anything the people that really abused them and own several premium alts payed with traders are only benefiting from the solution mentioned by baron (more premium selling or buying from the trader = more money - which basically means that instead of adjusting the ratio once by buying and selling one or two items with one char, you'll want to do it with every single premium char you have available so as to have a bigger return).

deli - trader fine for me at the mo, this month had a quick start, 4s within little time, then a gap. It changes pattern from month to month I guess that bugs people.
personally i was greatful for it, twas a nice surprise, those months when you have to wait 3 weeks for 2s aren't much fun