Sign in to follow this  
Dimarus

IP address

Hey guys whenever i try and log in it is telling me someone else in jenn kellon is playing from my ip address. my room mate also plays but from a different computer. i recently left jenn kellon to temporarily join another kingdom while on Elevation, when i came back i started having this problem, i can't log on at all. could someone let me know how to solve this. thank you 

Hey :)

For as far as I know this will only pop up if the person playing on the same IP adress is of a different kingdom then you, but on the same server right now. It is the spy protection and used to control the metagaming rule and is meant to prevent circumventing of the rules and game mechanics.

There is no way I can really recommend to you to make it go away. It shouldnt happen if you are both on a different server, or are the same kingdom. 

The less recommended way would be to get one of these ip changers, but I dont know anything of them, nor do I Know if these are against game rules or not. I only mention it since you seem to mean no harm and just have a different person on your IP that plays an opposite side., but do realize it is not intended for you and your roommate to circumvent the metagaming rule. DIfferent ip or not, when caught metagaming will still get you in a load of trouble :) (besides the fact that cheating is just very weak)

Edited by Viti

If you have extra money, there are very decent VPNs out there for 5 euro / month. You can use those to play with a different IP address and the latency penalty is very small.

really don't intend to cheat we are both noobs, and i had a friend from another kingdom, in order for me to safely visit i had to convert to a PMK. which i now realize was a horrible mistake when i tried to go back. My room mate has only been playing a few days so i am going to wait it out i guess till i can rejoin my old kingdom. the main problem is that i didn't realize i would have to wait to rejoin jenn kellon and i also wasn't aware of spy protection, just wanted to explore and venture out. anyways thank you guys for your response :)

Using a VPN will not be considered as cheating. 

It is the right of every person be anonymous on the internet.

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the feature is more of an annoyance for regular playing, especially in the OP's situation or with families.

It was well intentioned; however, doesn't really help with metagaming imho.