Sign in to follow this  
Clilesra

Be able to add a friend from chat tab

Sorry if this has been suggested already. I would like to be able to add a friend to my friends list even if I am not close to them.

• Like 1

+1

also an option to block friend invites if someone doesnt like it.

• Like 2

+1. The pop up or w/e can only pop up if the person did /invitations.

+1

also an option to block friend invites if someone doesnt like it.

QFT.

Without a doubt.  I get the "realism" of having to meet them in person, but the abstraction of chat just kills that so big +1

+1.

Would make things much more convinient.

Across servers too? I would love to friend some people I have met here in the forums.

As long as we have a way to opt out then i guess it would be okay.  I am not a fan of having people on my friends list..nothing against people it is just not my thing. This would make that even worse getting request all the time but i can see why others might like it just make sure i can block friend requests.

Like a friends request allow/disallow in the profile thing would be fine just like with pm's and might not be a bad idea anyway. 

-1 They'd have to separate the friends list from the permission handling first or we'd mostly see a lot of declined friendship requests.

-1 They'd have to separate the friends list from the permission handling first or we'd mostly see a lot of declined friendship requests.

Yeah, so? :P Someone got rejected?

+1, Because this game kind of kills any attempt on trading between different timezones.

Yeah, so? :P Someone got rejected?

If that was an attempt at a joke it wasn't funny. I'm dead serious, they have to do something about permission handling before this'd work. It's hard not to come off as rude while at the same time declining a friend request because you don't want the person to be able to access your ships and carts.

• Like 1

that is why u have gotten the /ignore system and snipe system it works try using it seriously this is the best idea to come up with - for the fact being that we as players have to run to the player location and get lost in the woods etc. but if we had this system we could easily type in a command add them to friends and bam done so we don't get lost lose all our items

If that was an attempt at a joke it wasn't funny. I'm dead serious, they have to do something about permission handling before this'd work. It's hard not to come off as rude while at the same time declining a friend request because you don't want the person to be able to access your ships and carts.

Its your fault for coming off as rude, not the systems fault, Simply just say "Sorry, i'd rather you not access my ships or carts." Or just reject their friend request in general, i'm a pretty open person (so permissions are not a deal with me.) and the fact you can /ignore someone and not /add them is mindblowing, since the idea of realism in this game went out the window, and just in general, i'll repeat, the game kills all traits of timezone trading with its expanded playerbase, and it would be best to have the name on hold, in the game client (a +1 to game in general (You shouldn't need to have a notepad open for names.))

Clarity with in post: I am not acting rude, i'm only debating, and the word: You = Everyone in a general sense.

Edited by Zwei

You're not debating, you're mocking people that don't agree with you. I disagree with you on this matter, it does not justify you mocking me. I have a very valid reason for not agreeing with you, regardless of how much you try to mock me.