Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Dwarves, Elves, Wurm

first off this wurm is based off the 18th century of which back in those days there was no such thing as elves and or dwarves now to make up such things some players quit w.o.w to come to a relaxing game if this is implemented a lot of uproars will occur as well as people leaving wurm until they r removed so this isn't of the best interest in wurm

first off this wurm is based off the 18th century of which back in those days there was no such thing as elves and or dwarves now to make up such things some players quit w.o.w to come to a relaxing game if this is implemented a lot of uproars will occur as well as people leaving wurm until they r removed so this isn't of the best interest in wurm

18th century had a lava fiend issue to - and apparently 2d mines- lets just toss reality out and look at it this way

what does elfs and dwarfs add? - just tall and short by this convo - so - why not just make a slider where people can decide short tall fat skinny - different colors and hair styles and issue everyone a new silver mirror? then no need for dwarfs or elfs or whatever just a variety of peoples and sizes

-1 To Generic fantasy races. Part of the reason I like Wurm so much, is that it kinda breaks the convention of standard MMOs.

I really like that everyone is human, I have always felt that other fantasy races were kinda cop-outs for simply describing the huge plethora of people humans can be (if that makes any sense). If any change were to occur stat wise (which I also would generally -1 on principle) is regional humans. 

I.E.: Mountain Men have more base climb and mine, River Folk have higher sailing speed and drown slower, etc. 

• Like 1

*Cough* surly you people jest about there being no Dwarf race living in harmony with humans for centuries..........

+1 to Dwarf / mountain men / river folk  (all real)

-1 to tree hugging faerie folk.  (there not real anyway)

*Cough* surly you people jest about there being no Dwarf race living in harmony with humans for centuries..........

+1 to Dwarf / mountain men / river folk (all real)

Real dwarfism is not a race. I'm honestly surprised in this age of extreme political correctness, fantasy games still get away with making a race called dwarves.

Edited by Nmenth

Real dwarfism is not a race. I'm honestly surprised in this age of extreme political correctness, fantasy games still get away with making a race called dwarves.

Dwarf is the correct political term in real life.

This is a game and not real life you know?  Dwarf's have been around games since day dot, not to mention folk law before day dot.

I find the fact you have take advantage of my post to insult your own intelligence very amusing.

But hay, you live in your world and i live in mine, for what ever that is worth...  any one want a cookie?

How about we get better character customization before we get crazy and throw in other races......

Dwarf is the correct political term in real life.

I never said it wasn't the politically correct term, I said dwarfism isn't a race.

Seeing how most of the game is played in 1st person i don't think it is that important. The only way you would know if you were a dwarf would be in the character window or the preview screen anyway. 

They have 3rd person view now..../points at test client