Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 21

Do these bridges go diagonally or just in a straight line?

ugh, now it wont get done before 2015

Jokes =)

If something is made, it's good to be made perfect.. adding more diagonal stuff is step to the right direction imo ^^

I think I also heard discussion about diagonal house walls in some thread.

Edited by silakka

The ships look great. 

Are there any fixes happening with the model updates; like, leading distance and loading distance?

Or am I really only going to continue using a Knarr? 

The boats may be sexy, but if they don't work, I ain't keepin' em a float, if you know what I mean. 

Also, why does a wagon fit in a Corbita but not a Cog? 

Outstanding update!

Sorry if this raises alot of dread but personally i don't really like the new ship models. They look kinda cartoon-ish

Those ships look gorgeous! I have to say I love the atmosphere in these update posts. It feels cozy and friendly and hopeful :)

Seals? So the rumor of Xan-a-dooooo having ice rises again?

Just hope seals come after crabs, and after SHEEP! I'm bias because of my scott-irish bloodline ;)

Why were seals added? Just curious.

Sharks, crabs, seals - livening up the coastlines with aquatic animals.

• Like 3

Sharks, crabs, seals - livening up the coastlines with aquatic animals.

Any thoughts on whales?

Can we change the Caravel to Carrack? (fine I will quiet down <_< )

Is there an achievement for killing a Seal with a Troll Club? :D

BTW everything looks brilliant. I can't wait for the bridges! :wub:

Yup, achievement will be "You monster!"

I'm kidding.

Also BRIDGES.

I love the new ship models. Finally the sea is getting some love!

And the bridge functionality is getting better and better. Can't wait.

Clubbing 1k seals = Norseman

I'd proudly wear that title :)

What happened to fixing the shark problem?

I see more pretty pictures of things we don't have.

No definite info about anything.

Nothing to make me want to pay my premium.

that cog and corbita looks like made from huge shell of walnut, perhaps too much round shapes?

and knarr has somewhat messed sail, looks like fighting with wind from front port?

by the way, ships with sails position and strain changing by strenght and position to wind would be wonderful, but it is perhaps only in dreamland

BRIDGEs with all that possibilities, gives me the willies, my architectonical soul quivers in expectation, wurm world will see extreme bridge projects, I'm absolutely sure now

• Like 1

Hi guys all these updates are gr8 and all but why don’t you try focusing on advertising & marketing to get more people to play the game? Desertion has anywhere between 20 and 40 players at any one time and has done for as long as I can remember, just not good enough.

I’m just about to log on and atm Desertion 21, Ele, 13, Affliction 12 that’s just pathetic. I haven’t played for a month or so due to work but now i have some time to get on with our deed but I’m just put off with the lack of players. Our Deed needs more recruits but there’s no 1 to recruit and the few noobs that do try the game can’t make it through the learning curve and leave.

This game you need to play as a team if you want to create something great. I think the Dev team have done a great job in making a truly beautiful game but without players it’s just an empty world and just not worth paying for.

Devs as you probably you know there are games being developed all the time and there is 1 that has caught my eye which will be released August and is a mix of Wurm and Eve and if the game does what it says on the tin, it will blow both wurm and eve out of the water.

It includes full terraforming,  a truly fantasic combat system, everything is player  made with a great crafting system, a  proper economy where there is actually supply and demand not just bricks and clay, a friendly skill grind, As I said a mix of Wurm and Eve but just much better.

It’s truly a shame I mean I don’t want people to think I’m here just having a ###### I’m not.  I’m  just trying to put the reality of it across, and the fact is if you don’t sort it out you will have no paying players and ours and your hard work will have been for nothing. If you read people’s comments on youtube and other forums a lot say great game but devs take to long to do anything not many players and so on and in all fairness the game has been going since 2006 need I say more.

Look forward to all thoughts and comments and of course the abuse I will get np I have thick skin.

Gooday to all wurm.    

Pristine and Release Vote & Ingame Voting System

Finally we have the tools at our disposal and the right occasion to bring this up again.

We are currently using our new ingame voting system to ask the premium players on Pristine and Release if they want to connect to Xanadu.

As all the other Freedom Islands will be connected to Xanadu they would all be able to travel to each other.

The way it would be set up is you have all the older freedom Islands on one side, lets say west of Xanadu.

Pristine and Release would then be placed on the far east side of Xanadu with no short cuts to either north or south.

You could say Xanadu would act as a large buffer zone but still make it possible to travel between all Islands on freedom.

Well this is great news so far. At least the dev team is still set on connecting Xanadu to the freedom cluster. :)

Hopefully the delay isn't too long after the server opens, like how pristine and release ended up.

Those ship models look amazing too!

On the topic of Bridges,  If you are crossing one and a Giant Troll comes and attacks you while you are on a bridge, will the bridge damage or collapse??

As far as connecting all the servers to Xanadu. Travelling by ship is already a huge time sink and slow so would it be possible to connect the servers in a way so that when you left one server a menu would pop up so that a choice could be made to enter Xanadu from either the north, east, south or west side of the servers. And leaving Xanadu the same option would pop up as to which server you would like to enter, either Celebration, Chaos, Deliverance, Exodus, Independence, Pristine or Release. 

Thanks for the update guys!

Q

• Like 1

now i really like the idea of multiple sea creatures, but lately, sharks have been taking up a very large amount of the aggro spawns. if sea creatures are gonna keep being added maybe a seperate spawn count for them could be an option?

• Like 4

permo is the best he rocks

Edited by Arkhir

RedBaron,

Why isn't the P&R Poll being promoted? At the moment i would expect less than 10% of the population to vote simply because they're unaware of the poll. You have forums, use them to advertise the poll? You have a launcher, use it to advertise the poll? You have email addresses of every account on pristine and release, use them?

Quite frankly this whole xanadu debacle leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and the half hearted attempt at a poll simply adds to that.

If you log in it will show in events in a clearly noticeable color that there is a poll open, if you are applicable to vote (in this case: a P&R player) and didnt vote yet. Voting happens in game and not on forum or email. How much more direct advertisement do you need? I personally wouldnt like getting emails from code club that there is some poll open. I would consider it unwanted email, but maybe I am the only one :D  A little reminder in the launcher or so I wouldnt object to, but the fact every applicable player should see it rather clearly upon logging in makes me feel it would not really be necessary either since I dont think anyone opens the launcher for any other purpose then logging in to the game.

edit: ok it seems to not be as clear for some as I thought, so I was a bit wrong on that. It was quite instantly seen by me though, but it seems for some people the message is spammed away and not visible. Maybe it is an idea to force the poll message to appear at the end of the login sequence if this is possible? Otherwise, a bit more awareness for such a topic would definitely not hurt and be very welcome (although please, not by email)  :)

Edited by Viti

Clubbing 1k seals = Norseman

I'd proudly wear that title :)

I am not really sure if I would want my heritage connected to "clubbing seals" ;) Norse(wo)man would be an awesome title to have, definitely, but I think connecting it to clubbing 1k seals is not the way to go, and if I was not sure that your intentions were either humorous or without malice, I would even consider it rather offensive :)

• Like 2

If you log in it will show in events in a clearly noticeable color that there is a poll open, if you are applicable to vote (in this case: a P&R player) and didnt vote yet. Voting happens in game and not on forum or email. How much more direct advertisement do you need? I personally wouldnt like getting emails from code club that there is some poll open. I would consider it unwanted email, but maybe I am the only one :D  A little reminder in the launcher or so I wouldnt object to, but the fact every applicable player should see it rather clearly upon logging in makes me feel it would not really be necessary either since I dont think anyone opens the launcher for any other purpose then logging in to the game.

Actually, unless I scroll up, it has spammed off my screen before I ever see it when I log in...