Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 21

wooow so nice! Now we need to be able to upload pictures or pmk logo on those sails :P.

Bridges trap on pvp would be gg... walk on bridges, destroy houses, bridge collapse.. lol..

Edited by rosedragon

Wow i have to say hats off to the new offerings.. i've noticed a huge change in the last 4 months of bug fixes to address game play n player requests as well as amazing new eye candy!!!!!! thank you wurm devs I LOVE you.  The seals are crazy crazy...I want a harbor of them!!!!!!!   you really hit the mark with the rowing boat having oars..it's a row boat..Knarr is so so supermodel sexy and now i want a caravel where i didn't before..it's boss looking.

that aside..wth happened to the corbita...it looks like a pregnant toy boat with 3 ton oars..way out of place n off scale..as of after making all the other great boat  redesigns someone got tired......PLEASE PLEASE keep some facsimili of the old corbita love the "swan head" n all of the old corbita. one of the best lookin ships now looks embarrassing..its like a gondola got pregnant.

and will it be wrong to trol club the seals?...will green peace be after me..i remember those horrid commercial ads with teh sad cute seal being clubbed

wow..at any rate huggles n luv ...my wurm addiction has intensified!!!!!

• Like 1

wooow so nice! Now we need to be able to upload pictures or pmk logo on those sails :P.

Bridges trap on pvp would be gg... walk on bridges, destroy houses, bridge collapse.. lol..

I think that'd be a good idea too. Being able to put a flag sign or a flag itself as your sail would be cool. You could add a new option for cloth tailoring to create Kingdom sails and attach them to an already made boat and change the sails from plain to Kingdom/Freedom sails.

Edited by Madt

I remember someone posted an explanation of how the planning and building of bridges would work a while ago but I cant find it in search.

Does anyone remember where it was posted? Would like to know how bridges are going to be able to be planned and such.

week 20 had a window of what the tool looked like but you have to have two players one on each end not sure where that was. I guess if you search Tich's content then you might find the post but i don't think it was stated how the whole thing started though just that you needed two players and one of them needed some skills. 

Someone fixed the ship titles in the OP image ;)

How about fixing shark spawns instead of adding more sea creatures 

• Like 2

Ships look great! I hope we get different colors for different wood types still. This method of connecting P & R seems smart, although I personally think all would be fine if they connected to the same spot. P&R have very strong economies.

I NEED PET SEALS!!! omggg

The ships and bridges look great!

And another week and nothing interesting.

• Like 1

must resist clubbing seal

Is there an achievement for killing a Seal with a Troll Club? :D

BTW everything looks brilliant. I can't wait for the bridges! :wub:

That was just cold! You are an awesome Wurmer for even thinking it! :-P

if u can make a bridge go say 200+ tiles ur my heros! means i can connect hermit island to the mainland!  if it goes way way further can have a  normal bridge to eachside of the islands!

If that screenie is how they will work in-game, I shall live in the catwalks and never walk on dirt again! 

About 200+ tiles, I would guess you would have to build an island every so many and put a base of some kind on it. If not, we will have the most slick suspension bridges in the known universe!

This is really just babbly at this point but I have been looking at the pictures they give us and thinking of plans. I figure I would start on the ground and connect to a 2 story "pylon" tower then from there, build Lothlorien. :-P

• Like 1

Seeeeaaaals! So cute! :D

Now, give us sheep! So we can have pet seals with woolen blankets!

About boats: will they continue to show wood type? Or will my cherrywood sailboat lose most of its appeal? ;)

• Like 1

What happens in PVP with the bridges?

Lets say i destroy the house on each side, and players stay on it, can they stay there forever, unkilled, because you can't reach them until you actually make a house to reach it again, or can you catapult the birdges and then a part of it will fall down ? All players on it taking fall damage?

Its an area I'm about to look at. My plan currently is:- if you removed a house on an end of a bridge, some parts of the bridge will get damage (and may collapse which will cause addition damage etc) and the amount will depend on how far away from the building they were.

So yes if someone was in middle of bridge and both end removed, they would be stranded, or may fall if the bridge part they are on collapses.

And yes you will be able to catapult bridge sections.

Also, there is a limit on how long you can plan a bridge, as you need to be able to target the helper. And the quality of the tools used to plan it will limit the range as well.

• Like 3

Do these bridges go diagonally or just in a straight line?

Edited by Bittereinder

Someone fixed the ship titles in the OP image ;)

yah at first i thought i saw the cog as the weird looking ship with beyond human scale oars..only to log in again n see it labled corbita..i was like whoa..time to sleep or get meds or change meds or take off beer goggles..something...

Seal

LARGE MAUL ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Also, those bridges look glorious! *drools*

• Like 1

thanks for the great up date the ships look good.  PLEASE tell me you added the ability to raise and lower sails on boats as all the lovely grafics does not make ships usable and I have no interest to build something to just look at it.

Why were seals added? Just curious.

Agreed. Where's my sheep? :)

Edited by Kruggan

Its an area I'm about to look at. My plan currently is:- if you removed a house on an end of a bridge, some parts of the bridge will get damage (and may collapse which will cause addition damage etc) and the amount will depend on how far away from the building they were.

So yes if someone was in middle of bridge and both end removed, they would be stranded, or may fall if the bridge part they are on collapses.

And yes you will be able to catapult bridge sections.

Also, there is a limit on how long you can plan a bridge, as you need to be able to target the helper. And the quality of the tools used to plan it will limit the range as well.

It is strictly necessary the use of a "helper"?

Why not make use of some marker posts like the construction markers or something like that?

Construction marker I´m referring to this item, or maybe make one different for bridges, and you can laid out the bridge simple drooping one of that items in each consecutive tile.

I´m all ok with bridges even having a high material count, but strongly opposed at making it an alt feast.