Sign in to follow this  
Aryon

Bridges and draw-bridges

I have been surfing throught the forums and have seen these posted and thought I should add my point of view on these.

I think that the span (length) of a bridge should depend on the masonry skill of the player (assuming the bridges are made for stone).

The bridges should also have to be built on the ground as well as on support beams & pillars that can be built in water to a certain depth.

Also I belive there should also be draw bridges on the bridge so that they can be lifted up for boats to go through underneith so that the bridges dont impact the ships in any major way.

File:L-differentialwinde.png

File:Lagos48.jpg

Gatehouse with iron gates that are raised vertically should also be added along with the ability to attach a draw-bridge on the front of it to give that game that much more of a mythical, medieval look.

These ideas would probaly require the implimenation of a 'windlass' which is basicaly the winch that lifts the gates/draw bridges

Regards,

Aryon

Edited by Aryon

Hrm that's a good question. I recall discussion of drawbridges in the early bridge threads; though, no idea if they made it into the current bridge implementation. Bridges are being worked on for connecting writs, which is a good sign.

Hrm that's a good question. I recall discussion of drawbridges in the early bridge threads; though, no idea if they made it into the current bridge implementation. Bridges are being worked on for connecting writs, which is a good sign.

I have seen posts by other members but none from any wurm staff.

Pretty sure the example art so far has been wooden rope supported bridges.

Once the functionality for them to exist at all has been implemented, adding refinements should be easier.

Pretty sure the example art so far has been wooden rope supported bridges.

Once the functionality for them to exist at all has been implemented, adding refinements should be easier.

There were a few post with stone/brick and I believe a marble one.