Sign in to follow this  
KunAlt

Regarding foreigners placing locks on deeds (Freedom)

As per this post: 

A5 - Securing Your Items:

• If it can be locked, it generally should be locked (or in a house)
  • Boats and Large Carts have management settings which are only in effect if the boat is locked.  They can still be dragged if locked but not moored or hitched.
  • BSB's & FSB's can be locked by others (even on a deed or in a house) and should be locked if accessible by other parties.  When bashed, the contents are gone.
  • Chests can be locked and will drop the contents on the ground when bashed.  Locked small chests can be picked up and burned in a fire to release the contents.
  • Houses are locked for access only and protection is provided by the writ itself.  House locks do not have keys and the writ only shows in inventory if the building is on your current server.
  • It is illegal to lockpick anything that does not belong to you on a PVE server.

• If you live on a dictatorship deed, be aware that the mayor has total control of everything on that deed.   It is possible for them to expel you, break into your house, and take all of your items.

I think we (as Freedom deed holder players) deserve a clarification/change on the underlined subject.

Either disable/fix/make this action punishable (is kinda like bug abusing) or give mayors rights to pick the lock of any on deed container regardless if have the key or not.

I don´t know about other people but in my deed we are 3 players with a final count of 8 chars and there is probably close to or, maybe more, than 100 FSB´s/BSB´s/Crates, and even if you don´t need to activate the key just making like 700 key copy's is both nonsense and a nightmare to even try to keep tracking it. So is not an option.

My deed is pretty much closed, so key zones are not so easy accessible from outside, but occasionally trolls spawn and like to bash a wall here and there, and I really don´t want to come online after work to find my stuff locked by some random dude. 

• Like 14

Don't forget:

Just because someone's not on the writ to the house doesn't mean it's impossible for them to make a large chest and lock in there

The real problem here is the fact that some random person can come on your deed and put a lock on your property to start with.

The never ending mantra in chat and on forums is "Deed it or Lose it" and yet when you deed it you still have no more protection for your property than an undeeded  house.

Making me have to lock all the bsb's on my deed is stupid, on deed bsb's should be protected without a lock. Needs to be some sort of permissions or ownership tied to on deed bsb's.

At the very least they should fall under the setting for picking up items on the ground.

• Like 11

Lately it seems that GMs seem more intent on writing little warnings and notes about stuff they don't want to fix than fixing them.

I mean, starting with the poll system. Added a message saying that regardless of poll results nothing may change. Ok, that's kinda what we expected, but adding a warning saying that its like, "hey we did this, we're going to pretend to use it, but don't bother its not going to change anything". They may even actually use it for feedback. But that warning, that's the exact message it sends, end result, players won't bother taking the time (i mean look at real life elections. What's worse for abstention rates than people feeling their vote is useless?)

This and stuff like i had a talk with a dev that shall go unmentioned about, since the wiki is the go-to ingame reference material and basically the "help file" of the game. That they could start having GM verified articles, so we know stuff is working as intended, the response was "we might add a message saying that the content is player created and not entirely accurate"...

Basically it seems to me that Warning messages is the new "fix" for what's wrong with Wurm.

• Like 3

The permission system needs to be based on individual actions and not groups of things.

For example, in order to add a lock to something inside a house you'd need to have the phrase "attach lock" in the allowed actions list. Every permission grouping would have its own list of allowed individual actions.

I bet this would be a lot of work. Tho, it would solve a lot of problems with permissions on freedom. All concerns like this thread stem from not having precise control over permissions.

• Like 1

how do you balance this on PvP if this is implemented to the game, raiders not being able to loot because they dont have deed permission??? O.o

Hah foreigners...

They tuckk urr juuubs!!!

how do you balance this on PvP if this is implemented to the game, raiders not being able to loot because they dont have deed permission??? O.o

I was WONDERING why this insanity existed in the first place. So everyone on PVE has to deal with a zillion keys because of the PVP server?

Edited by LorraineJ
  • Like 2

I agree with KunAlt basically, as well as the many others who have mentioned this problem over these past many months. The code should be that only the mayor and citizens are able to place locks on items on deeds. For houses, only the writ holder and players on the writ should be able to place locks on items within the house. Done.

=Ayes=

• Like 6

Im PVE but that makes no sense. How does a PVPer loot from a deed now, I can't go to someone elses deed and pick stuff up as it is now on freedom, so ... it's different?

But yea it's stupid that I can go onto your deed and lock your stuff up, thats like fencing a bunch of land I didn't deed ;)

• Like 1

By default raiding overrides ALL deed permissions? Or do you think they have item pickup permission while raiding?

The permission system needs to be based on individual actions and not groups of things.

For example, in order to add a lock to something inside a house you'd need to have the phrase "attach lock" in the allowed actions list. Every permission grouping would have its own list of allowed individual actions.

I bet this would be a lot of work. Tho, it would solve a lot of problems with permissions on freedom. All concerns like this thread stem from not having precise control over permissions.

I don't think it needs to be that extensive. But yeah a whole bunch of new permissions should be added, as well as the ability to add roles to individual non-villagers, or to people with a certain Role within a village instead of globally to the whole village. Pickup needs to be separated from taming, and needs to be in the roles, not as a global thing, etc, etcl. Waaay to many inconsistencies remain in the permissions system, and given that its probably where more money is dumped, deeds should have had a better care than this.

I agree with KunAlt basically, as well as the many others who have mentioned this problem over these past many months. The code should be that only the mayor and citizens are able to place locks on items on deeds. For houses, only the writ holder and players on the writ should be able to place locks on items within the house. Done.

=Ayes=

Ditto

A5 - Securing Your Items:

• BSB's & FSB's can be locked by others (even on a deed or in a house) and should be locked if accessible by other parties.  When bashed, the contents are gone.

Either disable/fix/make this action punishable (is kinda like bug abusing) or give mayors rights to pick the lock of any on deed container regardless if have the key or not.

Pretty sure you can lockpick them when you have the destroy setting. Also people locking the bsbs/fsbs wouldn't be a problem if the bulk storage lock system worked like fences and the mayor (or anyone with the unlock door setting on) could unlock/lock access to them without removing the locks on them. It would make controlling the access to the content quite easy for the mayors too.

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 4

Idk if you just answered in a hurry without thinking or are just trolling.

I don´t get how you think being unable to lock a bsb will deprive you of looting, but even in the worst case scenery, if you didn´t noted, in PVP you have the choice to go unlawful, something imposible on PVE.

B.U.M.P.

Herobrine is real you guys!

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 24, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 24, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

Herobrine is spawning tons of spiders under my brother's house today. Freaky. Guess he's mad about me blowing up his cave yesterday.

Why is this bug still in the game? If it's more than a one line change to the server code colour me surprised.

Take one of the existing deed permissions, probably the "stealing" one and apply it to locking containers you don't own.

• Like 1

Why is this bug still in the game? If it's more than a one line change to the server code colour me surprised.

Take one of the existing deed permissions, probably the "stealing" one and apply it to locking containers you don't own.

People were busy coding more important stuff, like breaking animal AI.

There are some new deed role privilige settings on the test server including attach lock, think that should address the issue.

• Like 5

=Ayes=

This......and I said something about this a long time ago as well as others after me in suggestions it shows they do not listen sometimes.

Edited by Protunia

There are some new deed role privilige settings on the test server including attach lock, think that should address the issue.

Well I hope so because its been a long time like this and should have been addressed by now. Matter of fact Mayors should be able to remove any lock on their deed as we now have tons of these locked up without permission. At least Bsb/Fsb/etc. things that hold their items.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1