I think a really neat addition to the game would be stairs. Perhaps have a slope range that could be built on using a hammer, just like floors. The stairs could make going up and down slope the same speed as normal. Different types of material could be used such as rock, stone, and wood. Then you could add a few more Border Tile types, such as hand-rails for the stairs in wood or iron. This would make an excellent cosmetic change, and could really spruce up the exterior of houses and settlements. I don't think it would work well inside a house due to the length-height ratio and the size of the average home. But outside it could make a huge difference. I am unsure what the skill level should be in though. Carpentry/masonry/paving.

• Like 1

Stairs were mentioned and were said to be coming with multistorey when it was to be released.  There were actual ? item pile items you could create in test and for a buggy time in the stable client.  So stairs do exist, or did.   They were pushed back because of difficulty, then never mentioned again, and we have been left with ladders.

Big +1 to stairs, it's about time!

Edited by Nomadikhan

Stairs in place of dirt ramps outside would be nice, I'm over a sloped path everywhere I want to go

The OP is referencing stairs on tiles in the wild. Like stairs going up to the entrance to a mine, or house. Not stairs going up to the second story of a house.

The OP is referencing stairs on tiles in the wild. Like stairs going up to the entrance to a mine, or house. Not stairs going up to the second story of a house.

I know, but we were suppose to get stairs when 2d was released (albeit, not what he's suggesting) and even those still aren't in.  I'd love to see any version of stairs.....but would be nice if we could get the ones that are already in the game working first. >_<

It was unclear to me reading the OP

I think stairs both indoors and outdoors would be a great idea.

so that is a +1 for me

You mean something like this?

PenroseStairway_700.gif

But yea, +1 from me too. Let there be stairs!

let there b stairs I like the idea also could do curbed staircases or bookcased stairs that b neat +1