Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Probably a new non-pvp server coming

As I have said in the past, I am against splitting up the players even more when we have :-

JK Home Server

Up and running. with 65 Players

MR Home Server

Up and running. with 13 Players

Wild Server

Up and running. with 36 Players

Golden Valley

Up and running. with 55 Players

If we are going to go and add yet another server, I would hope that Onetoofree has enough money coming in vs. price of the servers looking at how many players are on each server. Especially when each server seems to be able to serve about 200-250 before showing signs of being crowded. It doesnt feel very efficient to me.

That isnt to say I disagree with it in principle, sure people want a non-PVP server but I think the whole thing could have been done differently. Maybe if we had a reset, we could straight cut out JK Home and MR Home completely and have just a PVP(Kingdoms) - Non PVP(No-Kingdoms) and Entry server (much like Wurm was pre-MR home.) which imo would save money for Onetoofree while providing enough space for people to play with the added benefit of increased populations which contributes to a better game experience.

As I have said in the past, I am against splitting up the players even more when we have :-

JK Home Server

MR Home Server

Wild Server

Golden Valley

If we are going to go and add yet another server, I would hope that Onetoofree has enough money coming in vs. price of the servers looking at how many players are on each server. Especially when each server seems to be able to serve about 200-250 before showing signs of being crowded. It doesnt feel very efficient to me.

from those numbers, it look like they should make mr home and jk home free again, lol

JK Home Server

MR Home Server

Wild Server

Golden Valley

Heh, MRH's playerbase has increased quite a bit now thanks to GV, we get 40-50 players now at peak times. JKH has lost alot players due to raiding and the fact it's no longer the free server for new players, GV is a good indicator of how many players are non premium and/or trying this game for the first time and Wild is Wild.

mr tower are bad... they are just food silo :P

HotS have most amazing tower :3

jk something.. typical , just a piece of brick :/

mr tower are bad... they are just food silo :P

HotS have most amazing tower :3

jk something.. typical , just a piece of brick :/

I  like MRH's towers, they'd look good if we had different walls.

Rolf, I'm glad you listened to others about the server thing since most of the wurmians didn't want pvp.

And for the new server- For the towers, make it so ppl fight over their territories by placing guard towers. And when they teleport/sail there, you only get one tower guard for each kingdom at random area's of the map (maybe aswell as changing the jk tower look. Startin to look ugly imo) And you don't pvp, but fight over territory instead of killing the actaul person, but you kill guards and bash towers? <--- Just an idea

And for the new server- For the towers, make it so ppl fight over their territories by placing guard towers. And when they teleport/sail there, you only get one tower guard for each kingdom at random area's of the map (maybe aswell as changing the jk tower look. Startin to look ugly imo) And you don't pvp, but fight over territory instead of killing the actaul person, but you kill guards and bash towers? <--- Just an idea

no

Yay rolf! That's a great decision!

IMO the new non-pvp server should be just like JK home server was before all the changes:

- Nonprems allowed

- Connected to wild

- With a big and populated NewTown :)

IMO the new non-pvp server should be just like JK home server was before all the changes:

- Nonprems allowed

- Connected to wild

+1 for the first two, but the last one equals lag, lag is bad, so it's bad

- Nonprems allowed

- Connected to wild

+1 for the first two, but the last one equals lag, lag is bad, so it's bad

Ragarding Unique hunters & eventual transfers from Hippy.

As posted http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=18153.msg168894

Perhapse Rolf could state now that unique titles will get nulled should he permit transfers in the future?

This completly kills any incentive for those who wish to go to hippy to get dragonslayer / fearless and then return to wild in future.

If he would state that cash and skills "maybe" transfered (probably with penalties....EG 10%), whilst all Items and Unique Titles are non transferable this discussion would end and glory hunters would be de-insentivised from traveling to "hippy".

------------------------

"IF" 2 way travel is permited then most accept that future travel between Non-PvP and PvP would imply NO items are transfered.

IMO - Simplest solution is 2 seperate account inventories, one for PvP one for NonPvP.

When a New account leaves GV you pick which inventory you take your gear from GV to.

The other inventory gets a noob set of tools.

This permits accounts, cash and skills ONLY, to be moved between game types without any possible impact on items..

2 inventories is best solution to all isues imo.

Dont complain about those skilling up in safety, this can be achieved anyhow by killing your own alts.

There is also enough advantages to being on wild , fights last longer and ?yield more FS?

To those of us who are still undeicied (as I am)

It would be sensible to start a short list of questions we would like Rolf to answer to permit alow our descisons.

I think this list will hlep Rolf, the Dev team, and current GM as much as the players.

Would a current moderator be willing to do this?

PM me if you are and i will spend some time compiling an initial list of questions.

(Any non-questions should be removed from said topic to make it easier for rolf/devs to repply to).

Yeah, like I said on a previous thread, I want Osdeath to come for company and cheap labour :P

no

no

i would like to rage war with dragos home stead would this still be possible with the new server?

Rolf, I'm glad you listened to others about the server thing since most of the wurmians didn't want pvp.

Hay guys the new non-PvP server should have...

Full PvP.

It should have all the uniques but be accessible for any home server or Wild in both directions infinitely. People should also be able to go there at any time for rank and affinities.

The ore should be capped at 20 except for people coming from Wild or homeserver who will have no ore caps. Basically it would be like a mini-Wild ! People can fight over territories, fight amongst each other, and fight fight fight!

I know it's not as good as Nightfall's but what do you think?

Its not fighting others, just guards. Should be able to solo one with min. 10fs and 60+ql gear. But its just a territory war and not pvp the way you think of it.

Its not fighting others, just guards. Should be able to solo one with min. 10fs and 60+ql gear. But its just a territory war and not pvp the way you think of it.

Rolf,

The player base is too few for yet another server to be added. You will add this new server and the current home server population will drop to nothing and will become a shell of a server. Please consider removing both home servers and making this new non-pvp server a neutral server with no access from wild except portals from it to wild if someone decides they want a different play style. If someone from wild wants to go to the new server then they can use the same portals but it will use up one of their converts.

I don't think stretching the player base even more is the way to go or is even needed atm. The best solution this time is not the easiest which would be to add a new server and just leave the others up and watch the player base just dwindle on both of them. 

You think that you wrecked havoc on jk home and made a lot of players leave and now you're giving them a new server all together but honestly the best solution would be to just make JK home non-pvp again.  We don't need a new server Rolf, we just don't need that. If you're doing this because JK home and MR home servers fall within your story line then OK, give them a non-pvp server but I honestly think you're just going to make a empty shell of JK home. Wild doesn't get hardly and new people as is and the Blers are even worse off and MR home is basically a shell as is and so I guess we'll have another shell of a server that won't get used.

Make it like a server reset and people need to re-create their accounts to join it.

Make it like a server reset and people need to re-create their accounts to join it.

No, its not screwing over anything.  They complain about how the game creator makes it and force an unwanted change by him.  It should be brand spanking new skills and map.