Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Probably a new non-pvp server coming

In regards to towers , i think they should be in. New players need them . I know the old hunter thats killed all critters at least twice does not need them but new players do. Think how many times at first you ran a critter to them. If they had not been there new players will not be able to travel and settle unless they are lucky to choose to travel the day critters stay indoors :)

When the new server is in place and people have moved it is very probable that the skill limitations on the current home servers for invaders are lessened or removed, as well as the ore cap increased, maybe to 75 if not removed totally. More things we need to discuss.

Nice, thanks for considering this :D

I don't know if I completely want to be isolated on the Non-PVP server. I haven't gone to wild in a long long time but you know :)

How would you become a priest from the non PVP server if you cannot go to the White light? Maybe make there a method on there?

When the new server is in place and people have moved it is very probable that the skill limitations on the current home servers for invaders are lessened or removed, as well as the ore cap increased, maybe to 75 if not removed totally. More things we need to discuss.

I really would like to be able to bring my boats, me(and other people :P) have worked hard to build them and I wouldn't like to see that go to waste. I will almost definately be going to the new server, and I would like a few days warning at least to pack up etc., also the method for travelling there would be nice, how many items we could brin if it's a portal and all that stuff :).

If you built one, you can build another. :)

It will be nice to be able to play again. Thanks, Rolf.

If we could bring our boats for the first 2-3 weeks or so then that would be really great. A lot of us worked really hard on making them and would really like to take them with us after all that work.

ok, not to be a bummer on everyone here, a new server would be great, however i would say you should be able to leave the server, however you can NEVER return, just incase the players interests change they dont lose all the work on their character. and perhaps waiting a little bit longer to build up a player base again, so that when a new server comes out, theres plenty of people to populate all the servers.

and from this

i believe the invaders fighting cap should not be removed, depending what it currently is now, as ive forgotten, it should remain virtually unchanged if not increased very slightly, by 1-2 points at most, so wild is still where most pvp happens, however its also easier on home for some raiders in a large group to work well

increasing the ore cap to 75 is a must, any higher would balance it out alot more, meaning that people on home can improve their armour and weapons to stand a chance against the folk from wild who have better equipment.

I see a problem with not having ship transfer for the first weeks . There was over 200 of us that answered the poll. Now suppose half transfer trough a portal on day 1. 100 persons at a single spawn point almost at the same time. If you permit ships it preads out the transfer population over more land . It also helps in exploring and settling different parts of the land.

i would love this, its perfect for me. as long as i can sail there and NO MAP DUMP!

Yes, I am not a fan of map dumps - though I like the idea of player made maps that can be made into slightly inaccurate old looking maps than can be sketched on

Thanks for the info Rolf.  ;D

I think limiting tower range would be a good thing, they affect a smaller area + that if you in trouble you might actually find a guard near the tower  ;)

I'd say, remove all of it. Limitations are annoying. Might consider removing the home pvp limits aswell (attacking same kingdom, due spies and other issues).

Yes, this also includes champions, I think?

The reason champions were banned from home-servers was because they were safe, and the price to pay of only having 3 lives ended up being no price at all. If there are enemies allowed on the home servers, there is some danger present, and that price becomes, although obviously very slightly due to restrictions and long travel time, present.

i thought that people who didn't like map dumps didn't have to look at them  ??? ??? ???

I hope it will be a server for free useres. ;) (don't say I shall buy a prem account NO) >:(

In place of towers, what I posted here: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=16958.0

Barracks that require players to supply food to keep them at full fighting strength. And they would have a shorter patrol range. basiclly a house that someone has to build, provide a bed, etc. Only it gets declared a barrack on the deed and anyone can help by bringing the guards food, better armor, etc.

Better for road protection because they would patrol  closer to the building providing a safe area on the road without carving into hunting grounds as much.

I think think there shouldnt be a portal from GV to the new server. Since the GV people haven't tried PVP and stuff they will mostly go to the new server, and maybe think later. I want to PvP, but they cant go back then. I think the best way is to put a portal on every Kingdom headtowns. The GV people have to go to say MR Home server and then go to the new server.

Agreed.

Wurm needs to show new players that its interest in supporting PvP/KvK. Historically, aggressive fighting types got in trouble around NT as they went about their combative ways. At the very least, Golden Valley should have raiding amongst its fixed kingdom influence areas. Outside forces could not raid golden valley but MR Golden valley ppl could raid JK or HOTs. All the other raiding combination amongst the 3 kingdoms would be possible as well.

IMO, thier should be 3 servers. 1 wild, 1 raidable home, 1 crafting.

*Wild would stay as it is.

*raidable home consisting of the 3 kingdoms with fixed areas of influence , here fixed would mean set in stone with game mechanics,  and the noobs start in the center. Raiding a neighboring kingdom imposes some penalties since its a "stepping stone".

*craft server just as Rolf stated in this thread beginning.

If we could bring our boats for the first 2-3 weeks or so then that would be really great. A lot of us worked really hard on making them and would really like to take them with us after all that work.

+1

If ore caps are removed AND the limitations of invading forces are REMOVED instead of relaxed, wouldn't this be essentially 3 Wild servers?

I would think that the home servers should still have the advantage of home turf in some way to make the prospect of invading the enemies homeland a bigger risk. I do not think that the travel and respawn factors alone are sufficient deterent. Meh, my 2 cents.

*Edit*

I hope you all enjoy your new home...glad it worked out this way for you :)

Time for my two Cents/pennies

Hooray for the new server! From the comments I have had from all the Smallbears villagers we will all be moving over once it is up and running. But PLEASE Rolf, can you please give us a little notice, even if its a couple of days before the new server is brought online.

As for the Towers argument, how about tying tower building to village AoC, I.e. Towers can only be built within a village/HS AoC. I'm sure that would keep pretty much all the hunters and villagers Happy.

Lastly, Thankyou Rolf for listening to your customers!

Excellent decision.

As soon as the new server is up I will move to it and reinstate my premium. Then as soon as I find a comfy place I will buy a deed. I've refused to buy a deed on J/K home with the risk of being drained. I don't like giving money away for absolutely no return.

I think that Spellcast said it well, above, that the raiding penalty on the home servers should be clear to allow people to make an informed decision.

I guess my basic question about the home servers is: what is their purpose or role in the lore?  Are they:

* the first discovered new lands, but now ignored by Jenn Kellon and Mol Rehan as those kingdoms pursue the treasures of Wild?

* the first discovered new lands, now turned to defended strongpoints and forward bases by Jenn Kellon and Mol Rehan as they pursue the treasures of Wild?

* the first discovered new lands, now grown to be economic powerhouses by the two kingdoms.  Where Wild provides the chance of great gains and risk, the Home islands have become steady and dependable provinces of the kingdoms, well guarded and treasured by the kings.

Whatever rules (resource cap, raider debuff, etc) are put into place will determine how the players use these servers.  I personally think that the home servers should be the economic powerhouses that keep the war going, but that only works if the rules encourage players to make these two servers into the economic powerhouses.  If one thing is explained in the lore, and a second thing spelled out in the actual server settings - well, the server settings will be the truth.

Nice, I was just thinking today about when we would be getting some solid info on this. It will be nice to get back in the game.

I'm going to add my vote to no map dumps. I do want towers though. Perhaps a combination of suggestions. Towers only within deed AoC and a patrol system for the roads? Also, I would like deed KoS to apply to towers within the AoC like it is (I understand) on wild.

Towers were introduced to spread a kingdoms influence and thus allowing deeds to be planted, but the new server will be all one kingdon, so therefore towers are not required for influence spreading.

[me=Tich]votes NO to towers[/me]

I could care less either way, but IMO towers should be left in.

I wouldnt mind seeing them be able to be placed closer together but spawn fewer gaurds and have a smaller radius tho.

say able to be planted every 25 tiles, with a 5 tile patrol radius and 1 gaurd per 20QL  cap it out at 3 gaurds.

that means they gaurd the same area as a size 5 deed.  Would make them quite useful as road outposts and provide small pockets of safety without greatly impacting hunting.  plus the gaurds would be nearby when you need em.