Sign in to follow this  
boombza

Spells: Will it Stack?

Sometimes its fun going through the Wiki to find stuff out, but when it comes to finding out if spells will stack- I hate it.
So to counter my hate I decided to make it easier for myself and others like me.

If there's anything wrong or if your unsure about something, just let me know!

(Click Image for viewing)
Can_it_Stack_L_font-03.png

Think you can make the smallest font size a tiny bit bigger? I had to get closer to the monitor to read it.

Larger font version, just for you ❤️

Can_it_Stack_L_font-03.png

Added;

On 5/19/2014 at 8:38 PM, bdew said:

The way i organize it mentally is by "slots". For weapons there are 5 separate slots that can be filled by different spells:

Slot 1: WoA, Nim, BotD
Slot 2: CoC, BotD
Slot 3: MS 
Slot 4: Damage spells (FA, FB, LT, RT, etc.)
Slot 5: Demise spells

BotD is special because it "occupies" 2 different slots (so none of the other spells for them can be added), but that makes sense because BotD = WoA + CoC

Edited by boombza
  • Like 18

Huh? At first glance its confusing, But when you actualy look its really great!

• Like 3

Fancy. Think you can make the smallest font size a tiny bit bigger? I had to get closer to the monitor to read it.

Huh? At first glance its confusing, But when you actualy look its really great!

Yeah it was really hard trying to come up with a visualization that didnt look too confusing. This was the best combination I could come up with :P

Its better than having a bunch of tabs open trying to figure out what you can stack, for someone whos new to it anyways. 

Fancy. Think you can make the smallest font size a tiny bit bigger? I had to get closer to the monitor to read it.

Even when you click on it? 

Hi there, in general a good plan to show what goes together with green between and what doesnt with red between their window, so well done.

You have a typo though in the LT window "flaming aura".

I would for ease sake just do a list of what can go in a row though and in which order it shows on a weapon.

(Left to right is how they show up top to bottom on the weapon, so for "improving" spells, it might be wisest to cast the last in that row first because it shows lowest, and in case you wish to remove a spell you dont want to remove all those that come before it.)

My favourite combo first:

Nimbleness, Life Transfer, Circle of Cunning, Mind Stealer.

This combo requires two fo priests and two vynora priests.

The second combo:

Nimbleness, Frost Brand (or alternatively any other agressive spell like flaming aura, rotten touch, venom, whatever... emphasis on "alternative" here), Circle of cunning, Mind Stealer.

Nimbleness can be replaced by Woa in each combo. (Woa for higher blocking speed, Nimbleness for faster hitting).

and Blessings of the dark is basically Woa and COC in one, which is why you can only put either woa & coc or BOTD on something.

Demise spells can be stacked on any combo if desired.

That's basically it.

Just don't ask your favourite caster for a frost brand and life transfer on the same weapon and you are fine. That is what I mostly get as a request and have to say: sorry not possible ;-)

It is understandable to want these two on the same weapon. Would be cool, but Rolf made it impossible.

Excellent.

One thing though that I'm a little confused about;

Are spells that are not adjacent able to stack or not?

For example, in Group 2 can Nimbleness stack with Blessings of the Dark? (I know this example doesn't stack, but that isn't represented on the image)

Edited by Alden

I would for ease sake just do a list of what can go in a row though and in which order it shows on a weapon.

(Left to right is how they show up top to bottom on the weapon, so for "improving" spells, it might be wisest to cast the last in that row first because it shows lowest, and in case you wish to remove a spell you dont want to remove all those that come before it.)

Hi there! 

I am a new priest and I have heard people mention this casting order before. I assume that is what you are referring to, but I didnt follow this part of your post at all. Is there any way you an clarify this part? Are you referring to (left to right) the order when you examine the weapon (top to bottom) the order you cast the spells in? Or that they show up from highest power to lowest regardless of what order you cast them in or something entirely different? I am not high enough to cast yet, so I can't equate it to any real life experience sadly, but it is something I am really interested in. Also if we can make it super simple, noob friendly, maybe we can find some way to get it added to this excellent infographic!

Even when you click on it? 

Yes even at full size. It's even smaller than some of the smaller forum font size .

• Like 1

Excellent.

One thing though that I'm a little confused about;

Are spells that are not adjacent able to stack or not?

For example, in Group 2 can Nimbleness stack with Blessings of the Dark? (I know this example doesn't stack, but that isn't represented on the image)

Ah.. This was the bane of my design.

I first made the "groups" to segregate that predicament, though I didnt want to make a separate group for BOTD..

So the idea is that, if they're unable to stack with any nearest to them(BOTD next to COC and WOA), that they wont be able to stack with anything else within the group.

I though nimbleness for % hit not fast hitting o.o ... cause swingtimer still same with nimb :) .

So the idea is that, if they're unable to stack with any nearest to them(BOTD next to COC and WOA), that they wont be able to stack with anything else within the group.

The way i organize it mentally is by "slots". For weapons there are 5 separate slots that can be filled by different spells:

BotD is special because it "occupies" 2 different slots (so none of the other spells for them can be added), but that makes sense because BotD = WoA + CoC

this is super useful if it is the recommended cast order.

I will add it in if it is! 

"Technically" speaking you should cast the high cost casts last in making a heavily enchanted weapon in the event of a shatter. Your favour expenditure will in theory be lower across all the spells you cast since most expensive casts are the least likely to be lost (assume equal difficulty as stated in the wiki, although I have my questions about that). Demise spells often go last because they don't cause shatter and it lets a customer choose what they want.

Food for thought: Infographics like these benefit from a little patten addition on top of Red/green for people who are colourblind. It's possible the shades are different enough to tell, but it doesn't hurt.

Edited by Sevenless

1: Demise (DD/HD/AD for sure, likely other demise spells in same slot)
2: Attack (WoA/Nim which ever is cast occupies this slot)
3: Damage type (FB/RT/LT which ever one of these occupies this slot)
4: Weapon skill (CoC if cast)
5: Kill skill (MS if cast)
6: FA Quirk (FA if cast seemed to go here instead of the location of the others it won't stack with)

This is the dispel list that I was given years ago and it is the way they go on things and come off.  BOTD is not on this list so I'm not sure where it falls in the dispel.  So when I cast a weapon, MS is the first spell I cast.

Thanks Gatwick!

Edited by Pashka

"Technically" speaking you should cast the high cost casts last in making a heavily enchanted weapon in the event of a shatter. Your favour expenditure will in theory be lower across all the spells you cast since most expensive casts are the least likely to be lost (assume equal difficulty as stated in the wiki, although I have my questions about that). Demise spells often go last because they don't cause shatter and it lets a customer choose what they want.

Food for thought: Infographics like these benefit from a little patten addition on top of Red/green for people who are colourblind. It's possible the shades are different enough to tell, but it doesn't hurt.

Well I added the recommended stacking order bdew kindly told me about.

Thats true! I'll consider it, I guess not being a slight bit colour blind(so lucky) makes me ignorant to small stuff like that, thanks! 

1: Demise (DD/HD/AD for sure, likely other demise spells in same slot)

2: Attack (WoA/Nim which ever is cast occupies this slot)

3: Damage type (FB/RT/LT which ever one of these occupies this slot)

4: Weapon skill (CoC if cast)

5: Kill skill (MS if cast)

6: FA Quirk (FA if cast seemed to go here instead of the location of the others it won't stack with)

This is the dispel list that I was given years ago and it is the way they go on things and come off.  BOTD is not on this list so I'm not sure where it falls in the dispel.  So when I cast a weapon, MS is the first spell I cast.

Thanks Gatwick!

Im so confused now, seems like everyone has their own style when it comes to stacking... I'll stick with bdew's example for now unless this order revives more support.

I don't have a priest, I just have a fairly decent idea of how it all works. Not enough to know the tips and tricks though :P 

Feels like doctor sent me a list of medicines I should not stack together haha

Thanks for creating this ^^ will look nice if put in wiki.

Feels like doctor sent me a list of medicines I should not stack together haha

Thanks for creating this ^^ will look nice if put in wiki.

I dont know where or how to put it on the wiki :<

If anyone wants to put it on there, be my guest!

If you believe its useful enough to go on the wiki then I appreciate the effort :) 

Im so confused now, seems like everyone has their own style when it comes to stacking... I'll stick with bdew's example for now unless this order revives more support.

I don't have a priest, I just have a fairly decent idea of how it all works. Not enough to know the tips and tricks though :P

There's a spell order (when you dispell, you dispell them one by one in that order). But then there's also cast order, which is subjective and based on opinions. And it doesn't make a huge difference in the long run.

Was under the impression demise enchants were not dispellable though, so that confuses me.

I am under that impression too Sevenless.  The dispel order I posted is the correct order to dispel.  I cast in that order in order to be able to dispel a cast I don't care for instead of trying to cast behind a super spell.  That was just the posting that Gatwick posted a very long time ago in the forums here when I was but a small starting priest.

Rule of thumb - damage enhancers usually don't stack together. Life transfer counts.

Never seen a demise or protection enchant be dispelled, and its usually the order the enchants stack when examined.

Also on that topic, bless seems to provide greater dispel protection.

EDIT: For example I have a large pile of Chaos-side weapons with woa, dating from when that was desired.

Since I have become more focused on playing on Chaos as opposed to Epic (where I was playing since it started), I have quite a large cache of weapons and armor to dispel (apparently access to web armor has gained in popularity). Many of them have demise or protection.

Edited by Klaa