Sign in to follow this  
scorpios

New GUI (Suggestion)

Hello dear staff.

In my opinion, the GUI of the game was one of it's main features, however the current interface is still very outdated and dirty. I have been working on my own version of it. Feel free to comment. This is an early version which updates the visuals of it, but still remains it's core, classic design. Enjoy. As I finish, I may post it as a mod. 

8Rdbv.jpg

8RoIg.jpg

P.S. If any of you, Devs like it, feel free to contact me, I'll finish this for you with no problem

Edited by scorpios
  • Like 1

not real sure but i think you can get banned for tampering with the files. 

not real sure but i think you can get banned for tampering with the files. 

I'm asking for permission

I like the left side quite a lot (What does the heart represent?) very clean and simple, leaves lots of screen real-estate.

I don't like the inventory side though;

It doesn't look like it will be easy to compare Ql, Dmg, Weight and Imp without cycling through the items individually.

• Like 2

New picture posted

Edited by scorpios

I wouldn't say that's very clean, in fact older Wurm interfaces (not the new craft window and character windows though), are much cleaner..

Second your inventory and skill window look "good" with 3 items, but we're talking about wurm. Where you have to work with lists of hundreds of items at once in plenty of instances. Plus you barely scratched what actually "clutters" the screen, such as chat (which needs tabs which you don't present), event window (the game is in its core a MUD, without text feedback you have no idea what's happening).

No target window, no fight window, no timers, no compass. Basically that's not a UI for Wurm.

I wouldn't say that's very clean, in fact older Wurm interfaces (not the new craft window and character windows though), are much cleaner..

Second your inventory and skill window look "good" with 3 items, but we're talking about wurm. Where you have to work with lists of hundreds of items at once in plenty of instances. Plus you barely scratched what actually "clutters" the screen, such as chat (which needs tabs which you don't present), event window (the game is in its core a MUD, without text feedback you have no idea what's happening).

No target window, no fight window, no timers, no compass. Basically that's not a UI for Wurm.

Not really, they are just not made yet, will be soon however.

would be interested to see what you do however im perfectly happy with the gui, but change isn't always un-need or bad. please what ever you do is keep it wurm like

Why is your inventory shown as a crate and how is that supposed to work when you have dozens items on you (as I always do)?

And what's with the three skills displayed on a page torn from a spiral notebook scotch-taped to a title bar?  And why waste all that space with huge drawings representing the skill and adding the superfluous and wordy "My current level is"?

• Like 1

Assuming this is just concept art... I don't get the point in arguing that stuff is outdated.  If new stuff means bigger things on my gui taking up room that gives me less information, please, I'd rather have old and outdated.

• Like 1

The only suggestion I would like to make about improving the GUI would be to make lists, such as the inventory, be populated from the top down. Rather than having each new item added to the end of the list, it would be better if new items were added to the beginning of the list.  If that is even possible it would really help with decreasing "scroll time".  If you pick up a new item then chances are you wnt to look at it or use it right away, so it should be at the top of your inventory rather than the bottem.

I am sorry, but for me it seems pretty, but having open 2 or more clients this will make it really hard as the size of the things will shrink alot. Also that inventory - i just dont get it. The way inventory with groups works very very well for me. I think that there is no need to fix something that is not broken and at this time it is really easy to customise to your liking thus making it very useful. So pretty vs practical. -1 from there. Maybe it is just me, but i really don`t see the point. But it is pretty!