Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_IRL

Spirit Templar settings

Issue:  Occasionally my Spirit Templar gets trapped in the mine.  For some reason he can always get himself into a collapsed section, but cannot get himself out.  Just today he went somewhere, that I have yet to find, to get an old cave bug.  I searched everywhere to find him as he constantly spammed local, but never found him.  At some point he finally killed the old cave bug and began spamming for a mature cave bug.   Well, during my search to find him I killed 4 various cave bugs including the mature cave bug he must have been spamming about because he went silent after that.

Suggestion:  Templar Contract (non-drop form) or added to Guard Management tab

This form could include the following options:

1. Reset - The option to reset the Templar when he gets stuck.  GM's would probably appreciate this.
  2. NPC Target Option List - Allows you to customize what NPCs that you want him to attack.  This way you can focus him on the mobs that you cannot handle alone, and he will ignore the mobs that you can kill by yourself for the fight skill.  One implementation option could be a list of NPC base types (i.e. cave bug, brown bear, lava spider) with a check box to kill.  Another option, if there is an established fight skill grade for NPCs, would be to just have a drop down menu where you could assign a fight skill kill/ignore threshold.

• Like 5

I am completely for both suggestions that you have proposed :) +1

I like the second suggestion but not the first because the templar getting stuck is a bug. We as the players shouldn't have to ask for a workaround to be implemented because the workaround wouldn't be necessary if the bug were not in the game.

+1 smart idea. Would help when we get the stupid spam -_-

A manual reset makes sense, but I think they should automatically reset as well if they are stuck for a certain amount of time. Like if they attempt and fail at attacking a creature for five minutes, they reset themselves.

I'd like to see a settings list for animals - as being able to select animals that could smash a wall versus a animal who just walks by would be a benefit - also let players turn off the local spam - it gets annoying to have several templars scream constantly when a animal keeps walking in and out of a tile at edge of a town

New menu option: Right click token, Recall Guards.

If they are unable to path back, after 30 seconds they teleport to the token.

Also available on a tower?

Edited by Depends

On 5/16/2014 at 1:44 PM, Nmenth said:

A manual reset makes sense, but I think they should automatically reset as well if they are stuck for a certain amount of time. Like if they attempt and fail at attacking a creature for five minutes, they reset themselves.

Or at the very least they SHUT UP.  All in favor?

On 5/16/2014 at 8:20 PM, Depends said:

New menu option: Right click token, Recall Guards.

If they are unable to path back, after 30 seconds they teleport to the token.

Also available on a tower?

+1 to "Recall Guards."

+1 to being usable on towers.

And to OP's suggestions:

+1 to being able to control which NPC's the templars and perhaps even tower guards (controlled via tower, only by creator and/or owner, could use permissions similar to ships and large carts) go after.

Edited by Carnaxus

I'd like to see these features and especially the target list. At the moment you can't have a templar protecting your place from trolls and keep hell horses or any aggressive pets on deed. A "recall guards" button would be nice too.

Edited by Justamayor