Sign in to follow this  
junkkmann

timber frame buildings

Can someone post some shots of the new timber frame buildings?

looked around and nothing showing up for me....

thx

• Like 1

thx!

anyone have any finished buildings that are all timber frame or partial?

R0i7Hyp.jpg

We're currently renovating our entire deed in timber frame. Finished the priest's residence last night.

• Like 1

Edit - added some daytime shots.

BNzatkp.jpg

2TvD5Il.jpg

ybcL1uY.jpg

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 4

From looking at these pics they do seem to make a nice contrast on the second floors of buildings with the stone walls beneath them. Will have to see this all within the game though, to get a true perspective on it.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

From looking at these pics they do seem to make a nice contrast on the second floors of buildings with the stone walls beneath them. Will have to see this all within the game though, to get a true perspective on it.

=Ayes=

From my experience with them in game, the only problem they have is that they're a far higher texture than anything else.. anywhere really. Unless roof textures, stone wall textures, furniture textures, and even old wall textures get updated to a higher quality there's gonna be a lot of of awkward blurriness in timber frame homes.

Here's a timber frame window compared to a wood shingle roof.

qgwR3Q5.jpg

Timber frame door and old wooden door. (note the floor quality compared to the timber frame)

fKeSOl0.jpg

Edited by Lemen
  • Like 1

=Ayes=

Yep, its interesting. Im not sold on the stone base and I may yet tear down the stone and replace it with timberframe. Going to wait till its done and take a look at it and then decide. The stone base seems to work well on smaller buildings, but the higher up the building goes, the more it seems to take away from it.

the only thing that makes me hesitant to go ahead and replace the stone is winter....it will be really really white around the deed.

Edited by sunsvortex

I really hope wooden beams not fitting in bsb/crates/rafts is a bug...

• Like 1

Well here is a comparison between stone base and timberframe base. Its only the front thats done timberframe, which is why there is a stone vertical border on either end.

mzPxYn6.jpg

HZmbHQg.jpg

• Like 1

I think the stone base looked a LOT better, but both look decent, Sun.

I wonder, what do they look like when painted?

I didn't like it painted as it paints the wood frame also. But the white part looked nice green.

• Like 1

When painted the wooden beams should stay unpainted and only the white parts should change colour. Thatd look really nice.

How are these made? Concrete and beams or something?

When painted the wooden beams should stay unpainted and only the white parts should change colour. Thatd look really nice.

wood beams, clay, and mixed grass

I think the stone base looked a LOT better, but both look decent, Sun.

Yep, that was our decision as well, so we went back to full stone base. I did a couple test builds and the smaller houses , say 2x3 or even 3x3 with maybe 2 or 3 stories work well with timberframe base, but any bigger and it starts getting odd and too stripy.  Were going to start the town setup next, so well get a couple streets layed out and start throwing up a bunch of different small houses and workshop buildings and see how it goes from there.

wood beams, clay, and mixed grass

Specifically 5 beams, 10 grass, 20 clay I think it is...

A Dutch Barn style enclosure for our large carts with a thatched roof.

wurm201406070040_zpse589eaa2.jpg

• Like 2

does anyone tried a mix normal wooden walls and timber frame walls ?

Sold pink, blue and green dye for people to dye their timber walls

Green and pink are super super bright, but blue looked very nice, since it's a darker color.

And green did work quite nice, since timber walls have very bright and dark spots, so it looks like it has 2 dyes on it, bright+dark, but most of the time it makes bypassers blind :D

Sold pink, blue and green dye for people to dye their timber walls

Green and pink are super super bright, but blue looked very nice, since it's a darker color.

And green did work quite nice, since timber walls have very bright and dark spots, so it looks like it has 2 dyes on it, bright+dark, but most of the time it makes bypassers blind :D

got pics?

only got blue and green. for pink you need to ask Mishia

FUeW2fr.jpg

sdiyMx1.jpg

only got blue and green. for pink you need to ask Mishia

FUeW2fr.jpg

sdiyMx1.jpg

Blue is a bit saturated, the olive in the background, while not on timber frame looks neat and the OMG X.X my EYES the lime green is toxic!

• Like 1

Those new walls looks great. Only real problem I have with them is that the doors are ugly. 

bump for people needing to see the painted timber walls.