Sign in to follow this  
Lemen

Wooden beams don't fit in anything

They're larger than the logs they're made from. They don't fit in bsbs or crates. They don't fit in chests or coffins. They don't fit in rafts or small carts. You can only fit a few of them in large carts, wagons, and the larger ships. It doesn't seem like that's really intended, it makes them very hard to move around.

EDIT: These are not support beams. These are the wooden beams used in timber frame walls.

Edited by Lemen
  • Like 2

make them unfinished leaving just 1 item to attach away. That way they fit in rafts.

Pretty sure it is intended, however, as whykillme said, leave 1 item missing until you get them where you need them, this way you can carry a lot at one time.

These aren't the support beams used for reinforcing mine walls. These are the wooden beams used for the new timber frame walls. They're created in one action from logs and are created finished.

• Like 1

Why would you transport finished beams?  Transport logs and make beams on construction site.

• Like 1

Maybe this is a bug and maybe not but either way it seems a poor choice to restrict their transportation from even small carts. For all other types of house walls players can pre-make any required materials and transport them to the building site. I don't see why beams for these new types of house walls should be so exclusionary to this process. This only follows the trend of making new crafting additions to the game more restrictive and time consuming in their process in contrast to the old methods. To me this Dev mindset is a bad path to continue upon.

=Ayes=

Why would you transport finished beams?  Transport logs and make beams on construction site.

Because the beams made from a log should probably be smaller or no bigger than the log they are made from.

That way I can cut logs, and make beams wherever I want and transport them to a construction site, like planks, bricks, mortar, shigles, slabs, etc.........

• Like 1

You seem to be missing the point?

You make them from logs, but somehow they end up much more bulky than logs?

They are 15kg in weight. They are carved out of a log of which 9 fit in a raft. Being carved out of a log, they would be smaller than the log they were cut from. One would think that at least 14 beams would fit since they would have less volume than the logs they came from that came out of the raft. When looking at a new wall, you are seemingly squaring off the round of the log. Since round things do not stack well in containers due to much empty space around the points that touch, you should be able to get even more than 14 in. Where and when you make them shouldn't matter. They are smaller and less space hogging than a round log and should fit. Planks and shafts go into storage bins. These should as well. But that is a different matter entirely than fitting in a raft or a cart to be transported.