Sign in to follow this  
Forgedrake

Cave dwellers wishlist

so I dropped a tent last night in a cave to crash for the night and was thinking - man would it be cool to have a underground house/outpost/settlement - sure I know we need a fully 3d terrain and bla bla for buildings and structures - but why not wurm it and make it look like it is working?

so without further rambling

some items I would love to see for underground use

tents already in

sleeping bags already posted in another suggestion

Mushroom farm - a over sized version of the flower tile border decoration - dropped like a bsb rather then built onto a tile - would allow growing mushrooms same way you grow any other product in wurm - just right click the item and farm it instead

Root cellar - use for storing everything foodish that can not be stored in a fsb - reduces the decay rate by 80% but only holds 100 like a chest

underground gates - now using a bit of wogic - instead of building said gates make a square gate that is deployed or planted on a tile - this would create the illusion of a gate and mark it as a no walk zone for animals or if locked people

cave lights - similar to standard lamps but instead of being planted on the floor they are attached to ceiling of the place to create a downward glow

Glowing fountains - ok not just underground but finding a well or fountain underground is a pain at times - so this fountain or well would have a built in lamp in the decoration (sure I could just jam a lamp in it but its not the same)

I'm sure we could all add tons of other ideas of things to work on underground - and since undergrounds frames per second is normally higher - moving a bit of larger towns into underground would free up some pain and suffering for above ground projects

• Like 5

Neat ideas +1.  Cave dwellers unite!

At least some cave flora and fauna would be awesome, especially around entrances or where ever light manages to get in.

Don't even need fantasy elements, RL can have an interesting enough range of such.

There was a chart showing light levels and "bio zones" in caves. It was used in older discussions on the topic; however, google doesn't bring it up easily anymore.

EDIT: Awesome to hear tents work in caves though.

Edited by Klaa

yeah some cave creatures and glowing moss or glowing shrooms would be nice as well

Friends! Magranon has sent to me a vision!

One day, new ways of mining and building will be discovered.

Thus will arise the dwarven kingdoms, when men retreat into depths of the earth, to carve away the flesh of the world, to harvest the bones of the mountains for tools that can not be matched on the surface, to tend to the mushrooms and moss for their bread, and the blind cavefish and terraced, mountain-born cattle for their meat. They build fortresses in the damps below, and become changed by the weight of the world above. Sturdy, solid folk, with fists that can crush stones or skulls, fighting the goblins and fiends that crawl up from the dark places below.

They reinforce the mountain walls, opening great caverns in which to build cities, pulling the metals and gems out of the ground with their own hands, tapping the deep springs for their water, their homes - each one, no matter how large or small, a rocky citadel cradled in the mountain's embrace. Magranon's own people. 

The Clans of the deep-folk shall come!

• Like 1

+1 toward anything that would add to mines.. tho i hope they revamp the lot and enable 3d mines before they start adding to the current code.

Friends! Magranon has sent to me a vision!

One day, new ways of mining and building will be discovered.

Thus will arise the dwarven kingdoms, when men retreat into depths of the earth, to carve away the flesh of the world, to harvest the bones of the mountains for tools that can not be matched on the surface, to tend to the mushrooms and moss for their bread, and the blind cavefish and terraced, mountain-born cattle for their meat. They build fortresses in the damps below, and become changed by the weight of the world above. Sturdy, solid folk, with fists that can crush stones or skulls, fighting the goblins and fiends that crawl up from the dark places below.

They reinforce the mountain walls, opening great caverns in which to build cities, pulling the metals and gems out of the ground with their own hands, tapping the deep springs for their water, their homes - each one, no matter how large or small, a rocky citadel cradled in the mountain's embrace. Magranon's own people. 

The Clans of the deep-folk shall come!

You seriously don't know how hard I laughed at this :P. You should become a writer of... fanfiction... for wurm. Felt like reading something lord of the rings like XD. If that gets inplemented into wurm and the dwarves talk like you I am satisfied.

• Like 3

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, May 19, 2014 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, May 19, 2014 - trolling

Considering that even reinforced cave tiles have a chance to collapse, dwelling in a cave on Wurm does not sound like a good idea. There's a thread on here from a user who lost a boat and quite a bit of silver for parking it in a tunnel that collapsed. The GM's will do nothing to compensate you if your BSB or chest full of rare items gets caved in on. I recommend minecraft, you can actually make a comfortable living in a cave on there, even grow crops and mushrooms in them.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, May 19, 2014 - cleanup -continuity
Hidden by sunsvortex, May 19, 2014 - cleanup -continuity

Reinforced cave tiles don't collapse...

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, May 19, 2014 - cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, May 19, 2014 - cleanup

Considering that even reinforced cave tiles have a chance to collapse, dwelling in a cave on Wurm does not sound like a good idea. There's a thread on here from a user who lost a boat and quite a bit of silver for parking it in a tunnel that collapsed. The GM's will do nothing to compensate you if your BSB or chest full of rare items gets caved in on. I recommend minecraft, you can actually make a comfortable living in a cave on there, even grow crops and mushrooms in them.

At firs I was sympathetic with your original concerns  about the IA bug, but now I´m just tired of reading your winnings on every post, so I will do something I never did before and provably will never do again. I´m reporting you to a moderator for breaking the 1st rule of forums

1 ) You may not disrupt any post in any way or by using such actions as trolling or derailing.

Trolling / Troll - Is defined as where a user posts inflammatory, or off-topic messages intended to provoke other users into a desired emotional response or to otherwise disrupt the topic.

Do not post with the sole intent of upsetting other players. If you want to leave criticism, consider your post and word it constructively.

Offenses in this category include but are not limited to:

Creating threads or posts with the intent of causing unrest on the forums.

Posting to offend, insult, taunt or aggravate other forum users and staff.

Continuous posting to defame or discredit CodeClub, its products, users and staff.

I don´t know if that will have any true consequence at all, but got tired of reading the same BS over and over again.

Good riddance.

+1 toward anything that would add to mines.. tho i hope they revamp the lot and enable 3d mines before they start adding to the current code.

from what I understand 3d mines are in the works but I figured why wait to have a bit of caveing fun? so I came up with options the current code uses and easier to code was my plan

+1 if cave adaptation would be a thing (if you spend too high a % underground, you get a debuff above ground untill you go back above ground for a long period of time.)

I don't know about the debuff thing - as allot of people spend hours near forges underground - I always think there is a difference between realism and fun - and that adds nothing but a negative for high grade crafters who use up enormous amounts of iron

+1 I want to be a Drow Elf!  :P

you need high QL black and white dye