Sign in to follow this  
Corwen

Xanadu, Pristine, and Release ?

Will the devs please answer this?

Will Pristine and Release be hooked to Xanadu and if so, will it be the same time as the old freedom cluster?

• Like 1

My understanding is: 

Once upon a time, in the distant past, players were told Release and Pristine would be connected to the rest of Freedom. 

Once upon a time, a vote was held to decide this. 

Then, the vote was found invalid and unbalanced due to players from ALL servers voting on the outcome of Release and Pristine. 

A second vote was promised after a new 'voting system' would be implemented. 

Voting system is implemented for testing. 

It sounds like there will be a vote on If/Where to connect Pristine/Release to Xanadu. 

At some point, they may all be connected to Freedom. 

If I have the facts wrong, feel free to fill in. 

Edited by Trake

We haven’t decided where to connect it to the freedom cluster yet and we will discuss this with you before announcing the implementation.

Hopefully we have an ingame voting system done soon so we can run a poll on Pristine and Release regarding whether they want to be connected to Xanadu, and if so, where.

Taken from the week 17 update announcement

• Like 1

There is only what two more weeks left so if you have to wait on a vote it better happen soon. I am guessing they are testing this week with the poll now and then next week's announcement will include something about a vote for P&R but this is just my speculations, lol

Not like the vote matters right now, with the changes mentioned that are coming with Xanadu i'm pretty sure at least 90% of votes will go to connect the clusters.

I'm hoping that they won't get connected. They didn't want to before, now that something good is coming they want to? No. Allow people from there to leave with a portal just once and never return if they want to leave. 

• Like 4

There is only what two more weeks left so if you have to wait on a vote it better happen soon. I am guessing they are testing this week with the poll now and then next week's announcement will include something about a vote for P&R but this is just my speculations, lol

I was guessing it's either this week or next. I'm assuming they were waiting on the ingame poll coding, not because they're mean or ignoring us.

I'm hoping that they won't get connected. They didn't want to before, now that something good is coming they want to? No. Allow people from there to leave with a portal just once and never return if they want to leave.

Or perhaps a lot of time has passed since we said no.

I'm not at all interested in Xanadu... I want to access my old cluster toons / items / deeds.

The economies are much closer now as well.

I understand the reason for starting Release and Pristine as sperate. However, the separation serves little purpose now that all Freedom economies are strong. We have a Rp group in Pristine and are looking forward to the move to Xanadu. If we don't connect..... Well we will be starting new toons on Xanadu even though that will be painful.

Dat paiiin :(

Still i don't see any logic behind to hold back the information how the server is going to be and is people able to teleport there.

Thats why im just waiting and subscribing after i'm sure i can play on xanadu, old or new toon.

I have created 100 temp premium accounts, to skew the poll towards joining to Xanadu...

Ans with my alliance and there multiple alts the desired outcome we want will be achieved

• Like 1

We haven’t decided where to connect it to the freedom cluster yet and we will discuss this with you before announcing the implementation.

Hopefully we have an ingame voting system done soon so we can run a poll on Pristine and Release regarding whether they want to be connected to Xanadu, and if so, where.

Taken from the week 17 update announcement

Thanks for the info!

I have created 100 temp premium accounts, to skew the poll towards joining to Xanadu...

Ans with my alliance and there multiple alts the desired outcome we want will be achieved

Well, if you just spent 1600 Euros (or 10G) on prem toons to vote with, then imo you should also have more say than someone who just spent 16 Euro or 10s. Of course now you just have to hope that noone does the same thing, but just votes the opposite of what you and your alliance and their alts do :)

The only thing we are sure about is that we are not sure when this will happen

You have not been charged for this information

• Like 1

Or perhaps a lot of time has passed since we said no.

I'm not at all interested in Xanadu... I want to access my old cluster toons / items / deeds.

The economies are much closer now as well.

Hah. A sizeable profit you must have made

Hah. A sizeable profit you must have made

Yeah.. Point fingers at me. Like I'm the only one in this game taking advantage of an opportunity lol.

• Like 1

I just hope P&R will get connected to the old cluster. I am tired of being on a 2-server cluster, when I signed up for it they said we would get connected in a few months. I blame our crafters for not grinding hard enough to get to the same skill as the old cluster soon enough. :P:D

• Like 1

I just hope P&R will get connected to the old cluster. I am tired of being on a 2-server cluster, when I signed up for it they said we would get connected in a few months. I blame our crafters for not grinding hard enough to get to the same skill as the old cluster soon enough. :P:D

6 months or less, when the last poll was done on the forums, your fellow crafters were already caught up. What kept you off of the main cluster was greed. Greed is now what has swayed the vote to be the opposite stance, no more than 6 months later. Funny, huh?

• Like 2

My bet is that P&R will be connected to enable travel to Xanadu at the same time that the other servers will be able to travel to it. No point in punishing the P&R players with more isolationism. Time passes, things change, move forward to better opportunities unhindered.

Perhaps this isolated server concept will be seen now to be a bad idea due to results experienced from P&R. Actually, I don't believe I have ever read of this concept clearly defined by the Devs in its reasoning for being created in this manner. It would be most interesting to see the Devs comment on this with some explanation and further elaboration as to what conclusions have been come to from how it has all worked out.

=Ayes=

yes to connect the servers to each other .... all of them ...

6 months or less, when the last poll was done on the forums, your fellow crafters were already caught up. What kept you off of the main cluster was greed. Greed is now what has swayed the vote to be the opposite stance, no more than 6 months later. Funny, huh?

Let me correct that for you. 6 months ago the only reasons the old cluster wanted to connect to P&R was greed and laziness, fast forward 6 months and a new server appears and we see the old cluster now wanting to keep P&R separate. Their reason? Greed. Funny, huh?

Now let me further clarify things for you, P&R will be connected when the vote comes, so i suggest you make your peace with it now.

• Like 2

Kegan can you tell me the numbers of the lottery please? You guessed exactly what had to be done.

EDIT: tried to fix the link

Edited by Anothernoob

Side note on the P&R crafting thinger: Average skill levels matter more than top skill levels.

As for old vs new? Everyone's being self centered and/or greedy, from both sides. Finger pointing doesn't help, everyone wants what's best for them personally.

• Like 1

Let me correct that for you. 6 months ago the only reasons the old cluster wanted to connect to P&R was greed and laziness, fast forward 6 months and a new server appears and we see the old cluster now wanting to keep P&R separate. Their reason? Greed. Funny, huh?

Now let me further clarify things for you, P&R will be connected when the vote comes, so i suggest you make your peace with it now.

I am at peace. I own land over there. I get the connection I want.

Just funny how we were the big, bad wolves half a year ago, now we're okay... because Xanadu.

• Like 3