Sign in to follow this  
RagingTide

island with mainly one type of season

this just a idea i had that i would like to sugest that maby in the future there is a island that is mainly coverd in snow for most of the time ecept the middle of summer. i personlay think this would be wonderfull because it would also make thigns harder as plants wouldent be growing as fast as the normal do so it would take longer for food and such things to grow meaing you could possably starve.

there would also be the possabilty of most water being ice so you hafto mlet it first befour you could drink it .

rember this was just a idea i had im only asking and would thin it would be a nice addition to the game thankyou

Edited by RagingTide

To much of a niche player group to merit a whole server a better solution would be to allow the players to pick what season they view.  This way if you want it to be winter year round then it could be but even that seems boring to me but if it did not affect my gameplay then okay. 

I agree with Kegan here. I would much prefer to be able to choose the summer season year round with some selection available in game settings. This way I would see the world as I would like to see it while others would still see it in their own way or just leave set as the game functions.

Then only players who wish to control others options of choice would object, since they can't see what the selected player sees anyway. These types I give no consideration to and then can easily ignore.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

I preferred it how it used to be when seasons actually lasted a long time. People cry about winter or autumn being ugly but the speed at which winter rushes by is just silly compared to the spring / summer months. Snow glare could do with being turned down a bit but otherwise I don't see the reason for any changes just because some people consider a particular season ugly. What would be nice is making the transition between seasons meaningful rather than just another environmental skin we have now - things like proper farming cycles, longer nights, temperature effects etc. Add some medieval realism to enhance the survival aspect of the game a little to make the seasons welcomed or dreaded.

So no, no skin toggles please or individual Island biomes.

I read something once that said that the devs would consider making tropical areas sometime in the future.

It was just a passing comment but an official one, and that would be sweet.

all year round snow I think would slowly drive me nuts from snow blindness

Imagine if depending where you were on the map the seasons change differently.  For example if you live in the north, it's mostly winter with short bits of the other, and if in the extreme south almost no winter at all.  It would probably be nearly impossible to code, but it would add to some realism I'd think.

Imagine if depending where you were on the map the seasons change differently.  For example if you live in the north, it's mostly winter with short bits of the other, and if in the extreme south almost no winter at all.  It would probably be nearly impossible to code, but it would add to some realism I'd think.

only problem is the islands are to small for anything but minor RL weather changes so would have to do a map variant change which would hit entire servers with long cold winters and make the middle servers into hot tropical nightmares

I just think - this is fantasy why so much realism? I mean its a sandbox not a simulation