Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

WTB - Dragon Scale or Hide armor (Exodus)

With the WEEK 20 announcement "With the release of Xanadu we will also respawn new uniques across all the other servers so everyone can join in the hunt.", the armors are going to get completely devalued.  I am not interested in waiting for and spending my time hunting them all down, so sell me your armor :)  I'd rather build, craft and mine, to complete my projects, but I want to do it looking awesome!

Please PM me with armor deals.  Not going to pay the old prices of 80e a set on hide or 200e+ for scale. I'm only buying a few sets of each.  If my offered prices seem low, imagine what drake is going to be worth when everyone has a set.

Buying:

RED Scale - 3 1 sets - 150e each

Black w/cap - 3 sets - 40e each

Green w/cap - 3 2 sets - 35e each

White w/cap - 1 set - 30e each

Will consider paying more if they come with enchants.  I do not care about the QL.

Pristine or Exodus (Posting to both markets)

Please don't blast me for the prices. I am not to blame for the dragon armor devaluation.  I expect these prices are going to be far better than waiting until the dragon slaughter starts again.  There is no need to respond in this thread.  PLEASE PM me if interested in unloading some armor.

Edited by Wurmhole

We are looking into what type of loot uniques drop, some to become more useful and some less valuable.

Should of quoted that too.

There is no real set price on any item, so if people sell.. it's their decision =)

goodluck with the buying anyway

I have 2 black sets, one 21ql with a cap for 85s, one 68ish ql with a plate helmet for 85s, pm if interested (Deli).

It is more likely that drake will stop dropping from uniques, thus rising in value, so this is a good investment.

I have 2 black sets, one 21ql with a cap for 85s, one 68ish ql with a plate helmet for 85s, pm if interested (Deli).

It is more likely that drake will stop dropping from uniques, thus rising in value, so this is a good investment.

I'll offer 40e for the 21ql set that is complete, per my original post.  Thank you.

I see drake sales and auctions that aren't moving.  Consider these factors:  All servers are expecting fresh dragons. If each gets a new set of dragons, then the existing servers will soon have at a very minimum DOUBLE the amount of armor, assuming no armor has ever vanished from use, loss, or closed/forgotten accounts.  Considering those possibilities, we can expect at least triple the available armor on existing servers.

Now imagine how many dragons they will add via Xanadu?  Probably safe to expect 4-6x the amount of available armor?  What has been selling for 80-90s/e will certainly come down.  My prices here are probably 1.5 to 2x higher than where the armor prices will settle in the future.  I'm paying the premium to get my hands on it now.  If you are holding spare sets and don't need in your day to day use, now is the time to clean out your closets.

Thank you!

Such speculation, people forget there are two new armour types thinking of being implemented into the game...

All servers are expecting fresh dragons.

Gimme source. 

I think Rolf is hoping for double the population, not saying it will happen but if it does and we have double the armor, not much changes.

There are a LOT of holes in your theory....

1. Keep in mind the possibility of the dragons not giving as many drake sets per dragon.

2. Xanadu may attract more players (as stated earlier); therefore supply AND demand may go up at the same time.

3. The current prices in auctions that are not moving are at DOUBLE what you're offering. There is even currently an auction where the price is well above your offering.

4. People are likely holding onto their money for the Xanadu release. Once the dust from Xanadu has settled, drakes sets will likely be on the move again.

The reality is we don't know what's going to happen. You can pretend like you do all you want, but the truth of the matter is, you don't. I don't. No one does. 

Well, I am certain that prices have dropped fast over the last month. I am confident it is going to continue.  That is why I stopped paying higher prices and cast my net at this level.

Well, I am certain that prices have dropped fast over the last month. I am confident it is going to continue.  That is why I stopped paying higher prices and cast my net at this level.

People are selling cheaply atm because they hear the words "Dragon respawn" and automatically think it means the market for Drake will be saturated and drop the price. That's really not going to happen short term due to the influx of players coming to play on the new megaserver with all their lovely store bought coin. If anything the price will go up for the foreseeable future and level out when the drop and respawn rate of dragons settles and a new average is established. 

If people are selling cheaply it's worth buying cheaply to turn a profit in the next 90 or so days. If people are selling because they think it'll soon be worthless they are going to be kicking themselves when the price of drake jumps up another 25 - 30s on average in a months time.

If there are new dragons as we suspect and they drop armor like before, then the prices are going to tank.  I am not holding my breath for a big surge of new players.  People come and drop out fast.  Nobody is going to spend the cash needed for 100e+ armor, when they are brand new to the game.  I'd say the sticky ratio here is probably 1 in 20 of people that try wurm and actually stay.  We are a rare breed in the gaming world.  Most people I show the game to are baffled why I stay.

So, we may get a few people that show up with the new big server and press release, but I am certain our premium population sill remain steady, with a brief bump from Xanadu.

If no new dragons show up, then we still face other type of armor getting introduced.  All combined creates uncertainty, thus the reason for prices to drop.  You can present many cases for why it shouldn't, but the prices speak for themselves.