Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

WTB - Dragon Scale or Hide armor

With the WEEK 20 announcement "With the release of Xanadu we will also respawn new uniques across all the other servers so everyone can join in the hunt.", the armors are going to get completely devalued.  I am not interested in waiting for and spending my time hunting them all down, so sell me your armor :)  I'd rather build, craft and mine, to complete my projects, but I want to do it looking awesome!

Please PM me with armor deals.  Not going to pay the old prices of 80e a set on hide or 200e+ for scale. I'm only buying a few sets of each.  If my offered prices seem low, imagine what drake is going to be worth when everyone has a set.

Buying:

RED Scale - 3 1 sets - 150e each

Black w/cap - 3 sets - 40e each

Green w/cap - 3 2 sets - 35e each

White w/cap - 1 set - 30e each

Will consider paying more if they come with enchants.  I do not care about the QL.

Pristine or Exodus (Posting to both markets)

Please don't blast me for the prices. I am not to blame for the dragon armor devaluation.  I expect these prices are going to be far better than waiting until the dragon slaughter starts again.  There is no need to respond in this thread.  PLEASE PM me if interested in unloading some armor.

Edited by Wurmhole

Nobody knows if they will drop less when patch hits.

Nobody knows their respawn timer.

Nobody knows how much less they will drop when patch hits.

Why would you go out buying so many sets? Only because you would think their price might rise? 

Players Aware:

Nobody knows what will happen to dragon sets and their value. (Except Rolf)

Another red dragon kill will only add a fraction to the existing numbers of scale sets. So any devaluation you foresee may be based on flawed maths.

Another red dragon kill will only add a fraction to the existing numbers of scale sets. So any devaluation you foresee may be based on flawed maths.

well they did say they were going to respawn the other ones too so there will be 7 new ones soon 8 if they do it on chaos too.  "With the release of Xanadu we will also respawn new uniques across all the other servers so everyone can join in the hunt."

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Nobody knows if they will drop less when patch hits.

Nobody knows their respawn timer.

Nobody knows how much less they will drop when patch hits.

Why would you go out buying so many sets? Only because you would think their price might rise? 

Players Aware:

Nobody knows what will happen to dragon sets and their value. (Except Rolf)

Really, no need to warn people about my motives. I just want one set per character and my characters to have some variety.  I've done a lot of transactions and have yet to have anyone feel cheated.  I am simply offering a chance (or taking a chance) for people to unload.  We have all seen the flood of sets available lately and it is quite apparent they aren't selling quickly like before.  I've watched hide go from 150e to 80e in 6 months.  That was before new dragons were confirmed.  Some folks predicted this was coming and managed to sell at better prices. I know, cause I recently bought.

I see drake sales and auctions that aren't moving.  Consider these factors:  All servers are expecting fresh dragons. If each gets a new set of dragons, then the existing servers will soon have at a very minimum DOUBLE the amount of armor, assuming no armor has ever vanished from use, loss, or closed/forgotten accounts.  Considering those possibilities, we can expect at least triple the available armor on existing servers.

Now imagine how many dragons they will add via Xanadu?  Probably safe to expect 4-6x the amount of available armor?  What has been selling for 80-90s/e will certainly come down.  My prices here are probably 1.5 to 2x higher than where the armor prices will settle in the future.  I'm paying the premium to get my hands on it now.  If you are holding spare sets and don't need in your day to day use, now is the time to clean out your closets.

Thank you!

I agree with whykillme.

Nobody will give you a set for that price.

I found this from back in Sept last year;

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88218-respawn-all-uniques-but-not-dragons/

Main point;

[20:29] <&Rolf> the idea was always to add new uniques once we've gotten the graphics pipeline in place
[20:29] <&Rolf> and we're sort of getting there
[20:29] <&Rolf> so there will come new uniques in various forms and I guess new dragon types will be part of that
[20:29] <@Wossoo> Ahh, to all servers?
[20:29] <@Wossoo> oooh
[20:29] <&Rolf> yes
[20:30] <&Rolf> and also old uniques may pop up

Now back to the last News Update;

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/101711-news-update-work-and-progress-week-20/

and main point is;

With the release of Xanadu we will also respawn new uniques across all the other servers so everyone can join in the hunt.

So the way I read it is that we have no idea if the Uniques will be the Dragons that existed in the past - therefore Drake and Scale armour may not drop in price.

...or, as Rolf said, new dragon types may pop up, so new colours...and the old colours (green, black and white) may still be rare.  Just a thought.

"We are looking into what type of loot uniques drop, some to become more useful and some less valuable" What unique loot drops have there been so far? I think the only other drop was the troll club from troll king, but it is just a lame troll club?  Not positive.  It sure will be interesting to see what really happens. I don't wish for prices to drop (I own sets), but if they really do, I can then afford more sets to outfit my village.