Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 20

• Added a note to end of voting screen to say “There is no guarantee that any majority vote will result in the implementation or removal of anything.

So... same as always? Rolf wants xxx to happen and will do it no matter what we say, this is supposed to be new system that we like and will use in what way....?

Or just feel good pill for devs?

It's meant to give him a more accurate representation of the appeal of a change from people who play the game rather than those who spend their time campaigning on the forums.

It's meant to give him a more accurate representation of the appeal of a change from people who play the game rather than those who spend their time campaigning on the forums.

That is great.  Except have you ever seen Rolf stop a change when people vote against it?

That is great.  Except have you ever seen Rolf stop a change when people vote against it?

Rolf does what he thinks is best until he decides otherwise. It can be a single person whispering to him in an Irc pm or a massive thread naught on the forums. An in game poll lets him know whether something is favoured or not by a much fairer slice of the player base than anywhere else and he can implement or cancel a change based on the info submitted by the players. Maybe he will go with what the players want and maybe he will stick to his guns. Regardless, he'll have a better idea as to the mood of the player base doing it this way than anywhere else and can modify things appropriately to soften a potential blow or consider alternatives.

PVP on PVE servers and olive oil/lamp behavior.  Well to be more accurate, he tried them then reverted them.

Don't know if it was covered yet, but newbie tents drop on death, and if you can't find your body again (And lets face it, most newbies will run into a creature and die) you have not tent. Maybe consider them being no-drop until they are placed somewhere to be a bit more noob friendly?

• Like 1

Newbie tents shouldn't drop on death actually. Unless killed by a player.

Update: Ok think I found the reason.

Newbie tents shouldn't drop on death actually. Unless killed by a player.

Update: Ok think I found the reason.

They were staying with the corpse when you die i had sent Enki a pm about it but yea they should really stay with the players so that they have it when they find the spot they want to settle in. 

The chain fences are nice, BUT they seem too low to me, they are more like something to trip over in the dark since they only come about halfway up my shins (or the chain is the same height as the bottom rail on a wooden fence).  Shouldn't the chain be maybe between the heights of the 2 rails on a wooden fence or just below the waistline of the avg. character?

+++1 on re-spawning dragons.... now i won't be so bored all the time.....

So when is this ad campaign going to start on mmorpg.com?

So when is this ad campaign going to start on mmorpg.com?

Heh - I was just thinking that. Looking forward to see it :)

Heh - I was just thinking that. Looking forward to see it :)

I have been watching it and if the new server is going to be a "land rush" event i would think they would run it before the open date so it has to be soon. 

I have been watching it and if the new server is going to be a "land rush" event i would think they would run it before the open date so it has to be soon. 

Yeah - they are about to run out of time to build up a hype  :unsure:

In preparation for the Xanadu release and the advertising campaign on MMORPG.COM

I thought this campaign would have started already given that Xanadu releases in a week, but I haven't seen anything there yet.

Meditation Animation

...Now that is kind of funny when you think about it.

• Like 1