Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 20

My suggestion: Make scale and drake imping require scale or drake or some super limited materials... then respawn uniques once a year or something :) .

ps: no penning me! >:(

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 2

This implies they will only be changed on Xanadu, is that the case?

+1

[13:17:36] Being vague on game development announcements has increased by 0.0815 to 90.737

• Like 5

I thought that Indy has been freed from the rampaging uniques once and for all. Unfortunately, it seems I was wrong :(. I just hope all of them go so far away from where I live that I'll never see them. Of course, they don't bash walls?

Also, I don't like the crabs at all. Why add a yet another silly aggro? Giant crabs, really? It's dangerous enough as it is.

• Like 1

I suggest for those concerned about unique if they present a problem get some people together to take care of them,  do a server wide shout out  and everyone will have a bit of fun as well as solve the problem. 

Edited by Chiqa

I suggest for those concerned about unique if they present a problem get some peole together to take care of them,  do a server wide shout out  and everyone will have a bit of fun as well as solve the problem. 

That might be okay the first few times but after everyone is done with them and if they don't drop anything "good" or the stuff they drop becomes worthless then we will be left with just dragons roaming around killing people. 

Edited by Kegan

Interesting stuffs. Good to see some new approaches being considered for Xanadu concerning Traders and Dragons. I find the use of the term "uniques" to be a bit off when there is more than one of something and it can later be respawned elsewhere. Just a semantical divergence I suppose but a better term might be applied to them thar those types.

Doubt I will be making much use of those new white house walls since they will require beams (?), mixed grass and clay. Seems they will be too labor intensive for my liking, in turn making them less desirable to use. For a good mason such as myself, the old reliable stone house walls will maintain their advantage in various ways that have still eluded the nerf stick, that wooden walls with their fragile dispositions in comparison can not sustain.

As I see rope and cloth required for Tent building the old foreboding arises to the surface once again with their reliance upon cloth tailoring and rope making as dependencies. Maybe be sure to purchase some before departure to far off lands to avoid being put into the position to have to deal with those skills that some like myself find to be annoying. Doubt tent making will hold much allure for me other than to have one on hand if they seem to be useful.

Bridges may be able to put to use for some dramatic effect high atop mountains. No doubt building them will be another time consuming and convoluted affair, so they can arrive whenever for all it concerns me.

Seems as if I am in a bit of a pessimistic frame of mind today, so I will end with stating that within Wurm there always seems to dawn a chance of a brighter tomorrow. Best then to take a rest and await a better day.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Now that's how you do an update!!!

Good one. Just don't keep the unique respawns on xanadu, give the old servers some love.

• Like 1

As I see rope and cloth required for Tent building the old foreboding arises to the surface once again with their reliance upon cloth tailoring and rope making as dependencies. Maybe be sure to purchase some before departure to far off lands to avoid being put into the position to have to deal with those skills that some like myself find to be annoying. Doubt tent making will hold much allure for me other than to have one on hand if they seem to be useful.

=Ayes=

Cloth squares aren't really that bad but cordage ropes without decent skill and a high quality rope tool are really annoying. I dont see why this was done this way. Sure the n00bs will have a n00bie tent but that decays rather quickly. It just baffles me why this direction was taken on the eve of a big land rush on the largest Wurm server ever and the only people who will be there the first couple of weeks are n00bs. Thats the time when all manner of tents would be massively usefull and no one will be able to craft them.

Sorry but it just doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Edited by conmcb25
  • Like 4

Absolutely no info on when/if/how Pristine and Release will be connected to Xanadu. I have seen this question asked over and over and no answers. Also, there is a lot of other stuff on this post on Xanadu functions that are still up in the air. I will bet all my silver that Xanadu launch will be pushed back.

• Like 2

Clay and mixed grass. Seems I get to collect on a winning bet! :-P Been waiting for these as they look great!

Good update and good info. Looking forward to bridges!

Some interesting changes but seriously can you please answer the question - are Pristine & Release players going to be able to join Xanadu or not?  A simple yes or no will suffice.  It impacts currently game-play and plans a bit and it would be nice to know.  What about how servers will be joined?

Thanks.

I agree with this 100%, would be nice to know and make some plans.

• Like 2

As a child I used to throw spears at imaginary giant crabs. Of course they were actually tent poles and not spears (my parents disapproved of actual spears) so I'm looking forward to the potential for giant crab murder in Wurm. That said If they are not released the size of double decker buses you will have officially robbed me of my childhood and offended the ghost of Doug McCLure.

Heed my warning. 

• Like 4

Can you please verify if you'll be adding more dragons to the game, thus rendering any other armor useless because who would use chain and plate over scale/drake?

I REALLY hope new dragons arent spawned on the current servers, thats what? 6 sets of drakes, so 18 drakes which is like 400-500 odd drake sets, and roughly 100 new scale sets. I cant even fathom the drama. It'd be cool to see the other uniques spawn, but NOT dragons no matter how much drake they drop.

Are you saying this because you want other armor to be used (well at least till someone kills a dragon they still will) or because you don't want your drake/scale to depreciate?

Interesting stuffs. Good to see some new approaches being considered for Xanadu concerning Traders and Dragons. I find the use of the term "uniques" to be a bit off when there is more than one of something and it can later be respawned elsewhere. Just a semantical divergence I suppose but a better term might be applied to them thar those types.

=Ayes=

In most games the term "unique" is applied to a creature of which there is only one instance per server/game/world. That should still be the case if they are respawned. So the term unique is still applicable. If they respawned in pairs, then they wouldn't be unique.

Excellent, you covered everything i was interested in haha, very glad to hear about the uniques and dragons... most welcome news :D

Edited by Crack

make a rule against penning and we're all done....

• Like 2

They can just make it so that dragons don't move too much or have a short aggro range, and avoid deeds.

This would also work very well for me. If they stay away from deeds and are easy to run away from, I'll be fine.

For the love of Vynora, Fo, Magranon - and hell, as much as I hate her, even Libila - can we please get rid of the stupid animal ratio on PvP servers?

On a more positive note, the new meditation animation is very cool. Very Zen like. Still, I don't do any meditation myself.

Also, a wise decision to rename the War Tent to Military Tent. A more moderate term that can be applicable to the PvE servers.

=Ayes=

Some interesting changes for sure! Any news on the Vynora Colossus? :)

IMO it would be interesting to having respawning dragons on Chaos only (and perhaps Xanadu as the server is massively big).

Reduces the number of HOTA's and increase the reward (like 2 HOTA's a week and a higher reward) and have a dragon spawn every x-amount of time.

It would be a nice incentive to get people into PVP.

Edited by Bittereinder