Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 20

LssNW20L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Oh yeah, it is most definitely time again for that ranting Swede to sum up some of what we have been up to.

This time around we have a pretty darn tasty mix if I may say so myself!

So let us just jump right into this one and see what you all think.

Timber frame walls live!

Carpentry requirements is at the same level as the ordinary wooden walls so even new players will be able to build them.

You can build them using either a Mallet or a Hammer.

The required materials are Wooden Beams, Mixed grass and clay.

So why not touch up on your deed a bit and add something new? Isn't that shed in the corner just becoming an eyesore?

We would love it if you submitted pictures in this thread to show us how you incorporate this new wall type on your deed!

Wurmtutorial1S.jpg

Tents and Military Tents are live!

As you probably have seen in the post from earlier today the new tents are now live in the lands of Wurm!

But to reiterate, these are the specs from Rolf:

• You can store items in them, you can tie a creature to them, and you can spawn at them if they are within your kingdom.
  • On non-PvP servers you can’t loot other peoples tents, and on the other servers they act like other containers as they can be locked.
  • The newbie tent can not be destroyed, but it doesn’t last long in the wilderness. Other tents may be destroyed though, just like chests but a lot easier.
  • You create most tents from shafts, cloth, rope and pegs.
  • Newbie tents are non-tradable.
  • You can’t add or remove things from them in inventory. Just drop or take tents to place them outside deeds.

FreedomS.jpgBlS.jpg

JkhS.jpgMrS.jpg

Behold all the military tents! Just click any of them for a larger version.

Bonus reveal! Pavilion!

Pavilion.jpg

This is still a work in progress but it will have similar functionality as the Military tents.

I will report back to you once we have progressed a bit more, but it sure is looking fancy!

Progress on Bridges

3D collisions are being tweeked client side on a test server.

What has become evident is that the collision detection if run on the server has a big chance of affecting overall performance.

So we are taking safety before speed in the continued development of the bridges.

With the collisions running on client side at least, we are now able to actually walk on the bridges as firmly as if it had been the ground itself.

Currently there is also testing going on for bridges between building as you can see in the picture.

bridgebuildingS.jpg

Click image for larger version.

The interface has also gotten some attention and now has an active helper to look for flaws in the design.

bridgeplanningS.jpg

Click image for larger version.

Meditation Animation

meditation.jpg

Meditation is best enjoyed when you look good doing it!

The Xanadu release

• Uniques

We are looking into what type of loot uniques drop, some to become more useful and some less valuable.

The dragons Ai will also need to change so they can not be penned.

With the release of Xanadu we will also respawn new uniques across all the other servers so everyone can join in the hunt.

We are also considering a more constant and frequent rate of respawn of the uniques for the Xanadu server.

• Traders

Are going to be changed for Xanadu but how is not finally decided. We will however change how they currently work.

More details will follow.

Crab!

CrabWeb.jpg

Awe inspiring crustacean carnivores and unrivaled sidestepping overlords of the beach, Crabs.

So far it has yet to be decided if they will be a swimming creature or if they will gather along coastlines on land.

But imagine two giant periscope looking eyes emerge and start cruising towards you in the sea.. Quite scary I would say.

The crab is part of an effort to make the sea and beaches come to life.

You will see more sea life themed creatures being developed in the coming weeks!

Recruiting Community Assistants and Forum Moderators

In preparation for the Xanadu release and the advertising campaign on MMORPG.COM, we are expecting allot of new traffic.

Therefore the Wurm Staff is looking for applications for Community Assistant and Forum Moderator positions.

Both very important roles in our community with great and fun colleagues to share and learn from.

Please apply with respective lead if you have any interest in helping out.

Wow, that turned out to be quite a lengthy post for this week!

I know you would appreciate if we could be a bit clearer on the Xanadu situation so you can plan ahead a bit more.

But I hope this at least give you a further pointer at the direction we are heading.

Anyways, I thank you for your attention and you are now free to

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 46

Respawning uniques? Heheh, let me go prepare the popcorn.

• Like 13

*Ninja gets his machine gun* Im going hunting!

Can you please verify if you'll be adding more dragons to the game, thus rendering any other armor useless because who would use chain and plate over scale/drake?

I REALLY hope new dragons arent spawned on the current servers, thats what? 6 sets of drakes, so 18 drakes which is like 400-500 odd drake sets, and roughly 100 new scale sets. I cant even fathom the drama. It'd be cool to see the other uniques spawn, but NOT dragons no matter how much drake they drop.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 10

well you have addressed a lot of the issues that were going around and gave us a few new ones to argue over for the week so all in all a great update, lol

• Like 1

Worst, update ever :( Too many dragons, trader change :(

• Like 2

I am just glad i got out when i did i have one "extra" drake set and only one trader deed now so i got out just in time :)

• Like 1

This is the best news I have read ever playing wurm in over 5 years I am so happy over this I am just saying good job and I hope it comes quick.

• Like 1

Sounds great. What about the vote on merging with Xanadu for Pristine/Release? We really need to know the decision before Xanadu launch so we can decide on whether or not we want to settle there. Not very nice with a "land rush" if 1/3 of the Freedom population don't know if they will be able to use the land or not.

• Like 5

Respawning Uniques? Time for working on my FS again!!

Crabs running along the beach would be great! :wub:

• Like 1

So are the dragons going to be respawned to the same spot? Also if we are going to have dragons roaming around we need a way to keep them out of the deeds we need a hard code for them to run away/not enter a deed. 

Edited by Kegan

More dragons? Trader changes? Doesn't sound too good.

I just hope you don't make me regret my 700€ investment in the game...

-Cormax

bridges between building

THIS

YES

OMG

• Like 1

Crabs live on the sea floor, they definitely shouldn't swim! :D

Bridges! Any news about bridges is always welcome. :)

<edit> typo

Edited by Cohen

I just bought and placed a Trader. Hope the change isn't too drastic.

By the way, love the other additions! Can;t wait to have bridges, the life it will bring to the maps will be tremendous. Crabs and sea life? Awesome! Are we going to be able to dive under water soon? Can you say breathing under water spells/items?

Edited by Mark

Some interesting changes but seriously can you please answer the question - are Pristine & Release players going to be able to join Xanadu or not?  A simple yes or no will suffice.  It impacts currently game-play and plans a bit and it would be nice to know.  What about how servers will be joined?

Thanks.

• Like 13

Traders 

Are going to be changed for Xanadu but how is not finally decided. We will however change how they currently work.

This implies they will only be changed on Xanadu, is that the case?

• Like 1

I look forward to the update every week , this one surpasses  all so far in my book. Re spawning uniques, oh yea baby,, talk sweet to me  :wub:

Dragons roaming? Bring it on :)

Eye candy and funny little  creatures yes yes. 

trader changes  sure , we all knew it would happen eventually. All good stuff and i look forward to it.

We do need hard information on Xan connection and P/R , Allot of folks are in holding pattern right now pending more information. 

• Like 3