Channeling, the bane of life for priests.  Essentially the only skill most of us grind alongside favour.  The rate of gain is quite nice, but it does not feel too rewarding sometimes as there are no real "landmark" unlockables.  This suggestion contains a few ideas of useful unlockables that might come in handy.

Quick Casting

Unlocks at : Channeling 35
Notes : Toggled on/off by body, reduces spell casting time by (channeling/4)% at the price of increasing the difficulty by ((100-channeling)/2)%

Casting using Hands
Unlocks at : Channeling 50

Notes : Casting difficulty (200 - channeling skill)% of casting with a statuette

Cautious Casting
Unlocks at : Channeling 65
Notes : Toggled on/off on body, reduces spell difficulty by (channeling/4)% at the price of increasing faith cost by ((125-channeling)/2)%

Flow Of Power
Unlocks at : Channeling 85
Notes : Increases faith regen rate by 10%

???? I guess u play on freedom....

Edited by mrgbgbo

I sounds neat, but seems too much like a WoW buff, traits, something.  It works just fine as is, really.

PvE perspective:

"reduces spell casting time"

I'm not really sure you've got a grasp on how channeling skill gain works. The key to gaining is aiming for long casting spells with low favour cost and appropriate difficulty. Shortening the length of cast is a bad thing. For PvP I don't think priests need any buffs for combat casting from what I hear. The rest of the suggestions muck pretty badly with enchant balancing. Also: you don't regenerate faith you regenerate favor.

All that aside, enchanting pays quite nicely for priests. Sure gaining channeling is hard, but the main reason there's a large payoff at the end of the tunnel is that difficulty. Making things easier isn't always making things better.

• Like 1

Actually I played a fo priest for quite a while.  Though it has been 3 months since I last did so.

I always struggled with faith/favour.  I preferred just calling it mana ;)

It just seemed a rather nice way to spice up skillgain.

Actually I played a fo priest for quite a while.  Though it has been 3 months since I last did so.

I always struggled with faith/favour.  I preferred just calling it mana ;)

It just seemed a rather nice way to spice up skillgain.

I think there's a lot of other skills that need more long term benefits than channeling. The economic payoffs in PvE are enough (for Vyn/Linked Fo at least), PvP it's nigh on required to priest to solo pvp from what some people say.

Skills like foraging/puppetry really need the love. They currently have almost no effect in game in the long run.