Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Thrones

All the discussion of late regarding custom village crests, pmks, and the like have gotten me to thinking about thrones. The last episode of Game of Thrones was also a significant factor; though, I doubt one could escape the copyright infringement there (granted a good bit of legal scandal could be good for pr).

Atm we only have basic wooden chairs, no large obsidian monoliths, grand arrangement of bones, intricately-carved wood, or some other fantastical resting place for the royal posterior.

In addition besides having one generic throne model, or even one for each default kingdom, each pmk could have their own designs.

EDIT: Not sure what else could be custom for each kingdom, perhaps some sort of royal fanfare or trumpet call for when a king player enters local. :P

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 6

Hmmm.. I think it'd be nice if it had some further functions.

At least on the PvP servers, they could work the following way:

As it is, the capital cities have their upkeep costs reduced by 50%. I think this should only be in place, IF they've a kingdom throne. This throne should be built within the capital deed and the ruler has to right click ->set kingdom said throne, to make it THE throne of the Empire / kingdom.

Only if that is done the deed has its 50% cost reduction.

The Imperial throne cannot be changed, unless the capital is changed. (Should not be possible during raids!)

Now whats the point of this?

When a capital is raided and a raider (enemy kingdom player, 20+ FS) sits on it (when sitting is implenented) / captures it (30sec? 60 sec? timer) the capital bonus is disabled for a month. So the defenders want to make sure they dont have to pay double (normal) upkeep, while the attackers will try to defeat the defenders for economic reasons.

Every raider within 5 or more tiles should receive like 10 battle rank.

Additionally, there could be a 25% chance for every raider within said tile limit to receive a random affinity.

Currently - all capital deeds are quite established and defended to hell that most raid groups wont bother..

Besides the loot that may be gained, this could be a damn nice feature to get more pvp rolling onto older deeds.

• Like 5

Hmmm.. I think it'd be nice if it had some further functions.

At least on the PvP servers, they could work the following way:

As it is, the capital cities have their upkeep costs reduced by 50%. I think this should only be in place, IF they've a kingdom throne. This throne should be built within the capital deed and the ruler has to right click ->set kingdom said throne, to make it THE throne of the Empire / kingdom.

Only if that is done the deed has its 50% cost reduction.

The Imperial throne cannot be changed, unless the capital is changed. (Should not be possible during raids!)

Now whats the point of this?

When a capital is raided and a raider (enemy kingdom player, 20+ FS) sits on it (when sitting is implenented) / captures it (30sec? 60 sec? timer) the capital bonus is disabled for a month. So the defenders want to make sure they dont have to pay double (normal) upkeep, while the attackers will try to defeat the defenders for economic reasons.

Every raider within 5 or more tiles should receive like 10 battle rank.

Additionally, there could be a 25% chance for every raider within said tile limit to receive a random affinity.

Currently - all capital deeds are quite established and defended to hell that most raid groups wont bother..

Besides the loot that may be gained, this could be a damn nice feature to get more pvp rolling onto older deeds.

QFT, best PvP suggestion I've seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

A month seems excessive, but I'm not a pvper, so I can't really say. Other than that, I think your idea sounds like it has merit, Balmor (from my limited perspective).

I think it would be justified.

It is a major effort to raid capital deeds, because they are as I said above extremely fortified and often house the greatest part of the kingdom's population.

Hence, on top of a lot of spirit templars there will be lots of players to fight.

Such raids do not happen weekly or monthly either. It's rare to see groups of 20 or 30+ players assemble to raid.

Besides, the capital has said 50% upkeep bonus - it's not like their upkeep doubles for real, it would just go back to normal. It would hurt anyways, as capitals are often over-sized due to said bonus that is simply given. They want it all year? Fight for it. :P

Lastly, all kingdoms have the same chances to defend their deeds or attack other deeds! And if one succeeds, it helps Rolf earning money in a way! ^^

Sounds like a fun suggestion, so +1.  That said, there would be no copyright infringement, I'm pretty sure they have not gone out of their way to copyright/trademark the image of the throne, just saying.  And if for some odd reason they have done just that, Rolf could always just change the look slightly ;)

Well we also can't, you know, sit down either! lol.

+1 For thrones

-1 For special PVP server only benefits

But isn't the benefit already there? Requiring this would be more of a penalty than benefit...

I am not sure why you'd deny us changes to PvP servers if you play on PvE servers. They would have no effect on you and thrones would be able to be built anywhere still.

Do you mind giving us a solid reason for that -1? :P

Well we also can't, you know, sit down either! lol.

+1 For thrones

• Like 1

Totally unbiased in my love for this idea o.o

I am not sure why you'd deny us changes to PvP servers if you play on PvE servers. They would have no effect on you and thrones would be able to be built anywhere still.

Do you mind giving us a solid reason for that -1? :P

Well...I'm sure if I think hard enough I can come up with something :D

Well...I'm sure if I think hard enough I can come up with something :D

So basically no, you don't havr any good reason for the big red -1 you already posted.

+1 with Balmore's mod.   

Maybe they should change their names to 'Contunia' and 'Conximo", current form is misleading.

+1

Next we need AI slaves? the floors need scrubbing!