Sign in to follow this  
Umbranik

Xanadu Location

So I want to be apart of the landgrab on Xanadu, but there's only one problem.  Where will it connect to other servers?  I'm not going to plant a deed if it turns out it may be on the opposite side of connections.  Can we get an official heads up on this?

my bet is the east coasts. just as chaos is connected. If its not there it would be north of indi. The east coast, makes more sense to me though. East coast would be able to connect all servers instead of just one.

Edited by Nicrolis

It would be very funny if it was connected to the west side of Chaos only. Chaos will be so populated for once, and let their be deaths. :)

• Like 5

yea i have to go with east of the old servers west of P&R it is the only place it really fits in without anyone complaining

West of Chaos would be very interesting yes and Pristine to the north and Release to the south of it. :)

The east side of Chaos already has the Hota and thus an important spot, so it would make sense a big/important server is placed on the opposite side to compensate for this.

(edited)

Edited by Bittereinder

It would be very funny if it was connected to the west side of Chaos only. Chaos will be so populated for once, and let their be deaths. :)

that is like.. trolling the pve players and cause more unnecessary hate toward pvp...

• Like 5

East of Chaos would be very interesting yes and Pristine to the north and Release to the south of it. :)

The east side of Chaos already has the Hota and thus an important spot, so it would make sense a big/important server is placed on the opposite side to compensate for this.

East of Chaos is Deli...

IMO there's 3 Alternatives.

- Either full rerouting and have Xanadu at the center, then onse for the tri-server (Exo, Deli and Cele), one for inde, one for chaos and one for P/R.

- Another choice would be Xanadu East of current servers either lined up with P/R to its N/S or with those servers on its east side. And such would be Chaos to the west of current freedom PVE islands, and P/R and Xana to the east.

Either way would be cool for us to know so we can point our free alts to the correct direction while doing the famed landrush for the connecting coast, which is probably where many people will go.

- The final way would be Xanadu Lined up with current servers either south of cele or north of inde, and if the other two get connected they'd be east or north/south of xana.

Edited by KanePT

I'd say inb4 people trying to force pvp......but to late. lmao

Likely will be east of Inde/deli/exo (maybe cele too?) and "maybe" west of chaos (so everythings connected at same time to it?)

I believe similar. Course who knows.

Due to its size Xanadu will fit well on the "east" side of the current freedom servers, opposite of Chaos (west side).

West side rulez!

I would say the most convenient way to have Xanadu connect to the other servers would be to have the connection point the same distance out in the ocean from every side of every connected server. How is this possible?

A player gets into their ship and sails directly out into the ocean for 5 minutes or so. When they reach this end of sailing further point, a screen pops up with a selection option for each server connected to that one, similar to the death option respawn selection or the Epic portal selection screens. Select your server and pop out on that server border at the same distance from shore sailing towards it.

In this way all servers are connected at the same distance out from the shore for each player no matter where they start sailing in that direction from on their own server. Returning home is basically the same process with adjustments made from the side you departed from to the side where you return.

Less convenient but simple concept that appeals to those who wish for a geographical reference that does not exist anyway. Just arrange all connected servers in a circular shaped pattern around Xanadu with it being the center to which all points of departure eventually lead after varying periods of travel time depending upon where you depart from your original server. *yawns*

=Ayes=

• Like 1

that is like.. trolling the pve players and cause more unnecessary hate toward pvp...

These suggestions at least seem lighthearted in nature. But in general it's not a good idea to antagonize either side really.

Nothing good is going to come of it.

Option to select what server you want to travel too upon reaching a boarder. That is what I would do anyway.

Who wants to take bets that no matter what is chosen, someone will start a rant about it?

Who wants to take bets that no matter what is chosen, someone will start a rant about it?

i am waiting for the one when the week is up and all of the "fresh new start" players want to keep everyone out until the "economy" gets going but yea there will always be someone unhappy about something.. it is just part of wurm i guess, lol

To actually answer the OP:

So I want to be apart of the landgrab on Xanadu, but there's only one problem.  Where will it connect to other servers?  I'm not going to plant a deed if it turns out it may be on the opposite side of connections.  Can we get an official heads up on this?

Nobody knows yet.  Rolf and the team might have an idea, but I would be very surprised if any decision has been made by them yet.

Yea, I am unhappy that players are unhappy, not that I think players can always be happy; but, happiness is as happiness does and if it does not, then that would be rather haphazard. So it just so happens that what does happen will depend upon those who happen to come across it. Not that this would necessarily make anyone happy; but, the possibility does remain, which in the end pertains to happenstance.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

My suggestion from a different thread

Put it on the east side of freedom1 and west side of freedom2.

And fix Cele<>Chaos connection while you are at it.

9rJK4Mf.png

• Like 9

Only thing we need is maybe a new item made like a buoy that can mark the server change in the open water. I guess worst case we can just use boats but it would be nice to have buoys in the game anyway with maybe a light at the top. :)

• Like 1

only thing we have close enough atm, are the boats people borrowed to get to the edge that(didn't go with them xD)

Any infomation on xanadu is much NEEDED and much apperciated .. just 3 weeks left till launch and we know hardly nothing about it.....like will the trader's be avaliable and will they stay the same as the one's on old servers....i know he spoke of changing them sometime or another..... how many spawn points'?...  will it have epic portals.... what date will the old freedom servers be connected... will pristine and release be connected , cause there isn't any word on the voting system yet... PLEASE. let us know something , anything and many thanks ....the more the better , we are all waiting......

Edited by Tikki
  • Like 2

i'd like to see the game become a world. vs flat.   let south cele end up at north indi,  and let west chaos end up east pre/rel servers and west them to xanadu  

just so lonely south east cele. rare to see boats sail by

Personally I hope that it forms a globe so you can have many options for traveling; for example it's dumb to go from Celebration to Independence you have to go through heaps of servers - granted you can take a shortcut via Chaos but I understand many don't want to risk that.

Actual positioning can be debated but something like this would be awesome (excuse my mspaint skills)

kwjNv7d.png

Considering the size of Xanadu versus other servers if you wanted to add new servers you could just put them down the side; and whatever direction you sail on _any_ server will lead you to another - you could sail for years and immersion would be cool IMO.

(obviously Pristine and Release being connected is something that needs voting on or whatever)

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 3