Sign in to follow this  
theowl

I personally love wurm online

Not everyone plays wurm to make coin/money.

I play it as a personal escape, to do what I wish I could be doing IRL.

I, in no way, find "winning" in wurm to be buying a high lvl char and selling stuff for cheap.

That is my whole point that I reiterated multiple times: In a sandbox game, there is no winning.

Think about it, what do children do in sandboxes? They either make their own little castle or they go and mess someone else's up, there is no winning only personally set goals and achievements of said goals.

There is no winning the game, only personally defined winning which is relative to the person defining it.

Would you be surprised to learn that not everyone plays wurm with the intention to eventually make coin to pay for a subscription? Some people simply play it to exist in another world outside of their own, even if they have to pay a monthly sub just so they can be lazy and do what they want, everyone justifies their own actions differently and others will judge said persons actions differently, as well.

Edited by Seikitai
  • Like 2

Yes you have no friends so you escape to wurm

As Peter Tosh Said, "Friends, Take you 'round the bend and They Fry(Fri) you in the End."

I don't want friends anyway and if you knew how horrible the real world was you'd want to escape too, gmo's, mass pollinator die offs from poison, government corruption and corporate take over, etc. Lot's of problems in the world and not enough people paying attention to them makes you want to just escape the mess.

Your Friends, That's What They Will Do.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPJP0tbhAVQ

Edited by Seikitai

That's like the first two weeks of Wurm. If you're struggling to survive after that, you're doing it wrong.

I do what I find fun, and I don't waste my time with what I don't. I think I'm doing it right.

• Like 1

Let me just jump on this, Last year same time wurm had about 3-400 LESS players a day. Wurm is growing open your eyes.

Yes but now further spread out across multiple servers than ever before.  So it never really feels like an "MMO" or a growing game at all.

Yes but now further spread out across multiple servers than ever before.  So it never really feels like an "MMO" or a growing game at all.

Also alts. I have 3 more alts today than i had last year, all have been premium at least a month, so all count toward the premium pop growth.

Now count alts from old players going to P/R, more people holding more new deeds through alts, and whatnot. And there you go. Also Old premium players aren't really removed, since most just sell their accounts, so you can't really take those graphs at face value.

PS: I'm not even sure if retired players are even removed from the counts, even if their chars weren't sold.

• Like 1