Sign in to follow this  
Stiknrun

Custom Village Emblems/Logos

+1 if you think we should be allowed to create our own custom village emblem and have it on flags, tabards etc...

• Like 8

Been suggested a few times, but at the time being, I don't think it's going to be high priority. T_T

+1 though, would be a Awesome addition......especially if we ever get more "Decor" items.

• Like 1

Should be a moneysink just for the work the gfx team would have to do, even if supplied with appropriate gfx files.

PMK already pay for theirs to begin with.

i would love to pay for mine too

edit: make it a shop item

Edited by hoof2000

Seems like a lot of people want this and are even willing to pay for it...Maybe Rolf should re-visit this? :D

Haha best bet that rolf sees this will be 5 months.

But still, great suggestion +1

It isn't that difficult, FFXIV has an okay system: Choose between the Escutcheon, the Charge and the Emblem. So basically you choose the shield, then the ribbons or whatever you want on the shield, then the actual emblem itself and you select out of provided graphics.

A custom emblem that uses a built in drawing program or otherwise is much more complex and less approachable by the dev-team, probably.

If it is going to be a purchasable item it needs to be extremely affordable so everyone can buy it, don't do what MWO does and price themselves out of customers with their paints/camo/etc (Basically they make it so you can hardly buy anything unless it is on sale, putting a big dent in their own revenue and profits by being stingy and greedy at the same time).

Edited by Seikitai

+1

Could just make the option to upload your own graphic that you could make from a template texture - Then it'll step into effect next server restart (which are frequent enough, heh) and the staff only have to moderate them a little bit to avoid giant phallic symbol flags and such.

+1

Would be awesome. Uploading your own wouldn't work I think, would cost the staff too much time moderating. I would love a system like the banners in Diablo 3 or the guild tabard creator in WoW.

Edited by Mornare

While it is a good idea, we have the problem of the graphics.jar.  You add custom emblems, that adds constantly to the .jar, causing both many more reloads, and increases the size of an already huge file quickly.  Unless they can find a way around that, I see issues that will cause complaints.  For instance, start your first char, then a new village creates a custom emblem.  You try to start your 2nd char, and the .jar has to reload, which forces you to log out char 1 to reload the .jar for both chars.  Doing this for alliances and pmks may be easier, as it would not add as much to the .jar and would not cause updates as often.

Edited by Vroomfondel

It's a nice idea, but due to confusion on pvp servers with kingdom tabards I'd say these emblems would be useful for shields only. :)

Just like the confusion of trying to keep track of House Whose-it with Whatever as their symbol.

Edited by Klaa

I would limit this to Alliances on Freedom, and with a minimum membership.  Add a good cost to it to fill rolfs coffers.  Should keep it sparse enough not to cause massive bloat, but still allow people to use something besides the hideous freedom banner/logo.

Reprisal1.jpg

No need to do constant .jar updates just a fixed set of designs/colors for main figure. border, background,etc.

Edit: even before first implementation we can have like a fixed period of time to submit player made main figure/borders and then a forum poll, so those ones with more votes get implemented.

Edited by KunAlt
  • Like 1