Sign in to follow this  
Nubcraft

Xanadu Question

So, I am finally graduating college this months (woo me). I stopped playing wurm some time ago, but I decided now that I will have a little time on my hands, I'd like to get back into it. I created a new character (though I haven't logged into the game with it yet). Then I saw mention of Xanadu's release in June. So, I decided that would be exciting, and I'd prefer to wait for that. HOWEVER, I do have a few questions:

• Xanadu will be non-pvp, right?
  • If I haven't logged into the tutorial with my new character yet, will I be able to access the new server with it (after I do the tutorial in June), or will I have to make a whole new character in June to be able to access it?
  • I've never participated in the release of a new Island, is it totally cray-cray? For someone who hasn't played in ages, will I stand a chance trying to make a grab for land?

Thanks guys. :)

1) Xanadu has been confirmed to be PvE, yes.

2) No, characters that never logged in will be deleted quickly.

3) Xanadu is going to be HUGE. Like, massively so. You should know the approx size of Wild or Independence, they've been around for a while. Let's just say, at the current draft of things, it's 4 times their size.

Happy Wurming!

• Like 1

Nubcraft, I have no doubt that you will have a great time starting a new character when Xanadu opens and then exploring the land. The landmass will be huge with plenty of space to find a spot that meets your desires. There may be some issues over the first few days of the opening but this is not ususual and they will be dealt with by the Devs who will be closely monitoring the situation. I think it will be quite interesting to see who shows up there outside of our current player base, since they will be doing some publicity to attract new participants.

You could also make a character now on one of the connected Freedom Isles servers (Independence, Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration) and then try to hitch a ride over to Xanadu by ship after a week when it is then opened for players to cross over from those servers by sailing there. Anyway, now is a great time to restart playing the game with many new additions that have been and will be added to the game. Check the City Hall section for the Weekly Update posts to get a better idea of what has been going on.

=Ayes=