Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Loading Altars and Mailboxes

I don't see any problems with the mailboxes, enchanted or otherwise, but with altars I do see some issues.   Domain bombing, shifting domains, etc.  Imagine if I was a WL player and I went through BL lands, finding and tossing out BL altars, or I was a BL player just running around plopping random altars in WL lands, we already have enough issues with buried BL altars, we can't find, I can only image the issues that could crop up with being easily able to shift around altars.   

Heck its not so much the ability to build an altar, just that it takes time to imp one up to high QL to actually make an impact, the ability to drop altars anywhere at a high QL, enchanted to a god or not, then blessing them or whatever is an issue.    We already have easy to build wooden altars for dropping places to sac, ect.   I don't se any reason we need to make it easier.   

Domains shouldn't be add-hoc, mix and match easily shifted, the whole point of the exocisom skill, and bashing altars, etc is to conduct domain wars, not just who has the highest QL altar in the area. Heck if this is implemented you could make a ton of high QL altars, imp them up in a wagon, and just go along seeding them, instead of having to put them down, and stay around in the area to imp them.    Now should we be able to move altars? Yes, in wagons?  NO!  

In terms of pushing around altars, would be nice to be able to do so, but the Wooden, stone, etch shouldn't be able to be pushed into another god's influence.   That's what metal altars are for.    I think you should at least be able to rotate the dang things regardless, lol.    I remember my first wooden altar I built, it ended up crooked and I wasn't even able to rotate it to look straight.    Drove me nuts.  

Edited by Battlepaw

I don't get your issue with the BL etc for the fact what if you or a new player was to deed than they as you are simply putting it wont be able to put a altar down however if this deed was to put a altar down they could make a church with 3 altars

I don't get your issue with the BL etc for the fact what if you or a new player was to deed than they as you are simply putting it wont be able to put a altar down however if this deed was to put a altar down they could make a church with 3 altars

My point is that the current system works for the most part, without trying to add new problems to it.   Deeding has nothing to do with it, what I have issues with is they quickly shifting of domains, or just dropping altars into enemy domains.  The faith bonus, especially with Fo priests, or Libia, Mag gets a combat bonus, and so on.  The whole point of domain, is that it shouldn't be everywhere, just in and around where you are established.  Being able to pick up enemy altars and convert the area into your faith bonus, while on the fly is a bit much.  

I don't mind getting the ability to rotate altars, but if you let us load them, there is no use bashing them, just load them into a cart and throw them somewhere where the domain won't be a problem.  Heck if that is the case WL kingdoms might hunt down high QL BL altars, and dump them in each other's land and bury them.   

I'd like to be able to load mailboxes. While on the subject, it would be nice if every "loadable" item would fit in a large cart so they can be taken upstairs buildings. Even if it's just a single one per large cart it'd be great. :)