Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Loading Altars and Mailboxes

Assuming the loading and relocating of enchanted metal altars and mailboxes would potentially mess something up.

Perhaps require the dispelling of the enchants before they can be loaded into vehicles, if not already without enchants?

• Like 5

+1

Relatively easy change, and PvP should have no reason to complain as long as you can't move enchanted altars and such.

Would also save me a lot of work :D

All altars should be movable, no matter if they are enchanted or not. If there is possibility for screw-ups to be made, then fix is in order.

Btw we can mess domains up already, drop metal altar, enchant it, imp it.

Altars in transport should not be usable and should not create domains of course.

Although i dislike the disenchanting. I do feel that the load function was too restricted, in fact it even fails to do its purpose in a way, since its still quite impossible to freely move forges and ovens between floors of a building since they can only be loaded in wagons.

Although i dislike the disenchanting. I do feel that the load function was too restricted, in fact it even fails to do its purpose in a way, since its still quite impossible to freely move forges and ovens between floors of a building since they can only be loaded in wagons.

Sit wagon at base of ladder tile, climb to desired floor, unload. Push to desired spot. It's not perfect but it does work.

As to the OP i agree we should have some way of moving altars.

People enchant altars? What with? I was under the impression that faith gain was fixed. Or are you talking about the original blessing?

As to the original suggestion - +1

It's really hard to drop new altars exactly where you want them.

Edited by Heboric

The blessing that activates the altar to a particular god, and the courier enchant that activates the mailbox.

mostly +1 

Altars can't be used (sacrifice/pray) unless on ground, only spread influence when on ground, only loaded if empty. Unloading altars within the influence of another domain needs some thought. It probably should not be as easy as dropping a 90 ql gold altar to push back another domain. Without load you have to build, enchant, and imp it up. Further, a decent mimicking would be to reduce the ql of a metal altar to low ql when unloading  in the domain of another. Non metal altars wouldn't be allowed to unload in the domain of another. And all this assumes god domain is a bid deal.

I'm weary about enchanted mail boxes. I'd want extra checks in addition to deed protections to be able to load one up.

The blessing that activates the altar to a particular god........

Pretty sure you can't dispel that.

Edited by Heboric

Able to load enchanted mailboxes would probably improve the average mailbox quality people bother with.

But unless receiving mailbox enchant matters it wouldn't really make much of a difference either way.

Pretty sure you can't dispel that.

Afaik its not; however, no one said that cant be changed.

With that in mind, perhaps require a priest of the same god, especially on pvp servers.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 12, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 12, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

+1 but wirth minysink item

Sit wagon at base of ladder tile, climb to desired floor, unload. Push to desired spot. It's not perfect but it does work.

As to the OP i agree we should have some way of moving altars.

What if there's a wall between the room i want it in and the ladder? Which is the case in just about all my rooms on top floors?

That's a cheap fix for something that should be doable without cheap fixes... Wurm has enough stuff requireing players to go the long way around to get something done because a release was half-assed. (This specific case could be fixed if they had thought about what we asked the load function for in the first place before doing whatever "balance" they required, or if they had done full feature of houses with ramps/stairs that could be climbed with animals/hitched carts)

People enchant altars? What with? I was under the impression that faith gain was fixed. Or are you talking about the original blessing?

As to the original suggestion - +1

It's really hard to drop new altars exactly where you want them.

Metal (gold/silver) altars need to be blessed to work. Otherwise they're just decorative.

Klaa how much can one person steal? Jeez!