Sign in to follow this  
Xilanthus

The White Haired Stranger

A tall, emaciated man with leathery skin and short cropped white hair approaches the bar and and places some coins in the barkeep's hand.  He speaks in a low, painful sounding, raspy voice.  "A jug of cool water, a bottle of wine and hot meal please. It has been weeks since I have had anything that could pass for food."  He settles on a bar stool with a sigh and mutters "Thank the gods for civilization, even if it is some back water village."

He looks at one of the nearby patrons and asks in the raspy low voice "What village is this?"  The patron, a local mason named Vance Keller, didn't like speaking to strangers, but the man's face and eyes had a presence that seemed to compelled him to provide the answer he sought. "Um, its Esert mister."  The white haired stranger nodded and broke eye contact, which was Vance's opportunity to skedaddle back to his table.  After his meal, the stranger turns to face the crowded bar. he clears his throat and speaks - still in the raspy voice, but this time it is projected well enough for all to hear clearly...

"My name is Lord Xilanthus Narthingad. I do not hail from these lands therefore my title of Lord carries no sway here. However, it seems that I am hear now and will soon be acquiring land to establishing  my new home. When I do, I will be in search of laborers and craftsmen who wish to work for me in exchange for security, lodging and a fair wage.  It will take me some time to get established, but when I do I would like to know if any of you are interested?  If so, please approach and tell me your name and craft or profession"

[OOC]

Thanks for indulging me.  I am building a RP village on Exodus near Esert (just south of Farmville). I'm looking for players that love to RP and want to be around others that do as well. The village will be run like a traditional medieval settlement with a Manor Lord and villagers. I know it sounds like a dictatorship, but its not - Xil is a fair man and I am a nice guy too (or so my wife tells me). I am not looking to be a RP game master or anything like that. I only ask that you develop a persona and back story for your character and play it.  We will use Village chat for RP so that outsiders cannot interject non-RP crap into the dialogue.

The village is named Durmont and it is a pretty large chunk of land. There will be workshops, homes, fields, stables for animals and a horse/cart/wagon race track where I hope to get a racing league started complete with an annual Durmont Derby with prize money, side betting and more.  Current positions I am looking for are a village Priest (any faith), a Blacksmith, 4 Farmers, an Animal Handler and general villagers.  I will also be looking for cooks/wine makers to provide food & drink for the tavern. Free to Play characters are very welcome. This would be a good place to start your character in a safe location. Premium characters are also welcome but will be given no special consideration just because they are Premium.  This is about RP and not your status in the game.

i am planning on paying people something - it will be based on your village position and will be a few iron per week plus safety, free room & board. The pay is mainly a token wage that I hope will get spent in the tavern so it stays in the village (that keeps my cost down).  Hopefully the developers can get Sitting in Chairs working sometime soon so we can have a real looking tavern.  I think we can make a great place of Durmont, so if you are interested, let me know here in this forum thread or in game (In Character of course).

[/OOC]

Edited by Xilanthus
  • Like 2