Sign in to follow this  
Archaegeo

Well, LiF is no longer a threat to Wurm....

It is now going player server route, like so many other sandbox development these days.

They say they will keep working the MMO version, but sigh.

Back to waiting for Landmark systems to get in place.

i read his post and i dont see this as a problem whatsoever, it still will have the main open servers, i dont see many people wanting their own tiny server anyway

Edited by FewTheProud

I think it was a good decision. I wasn't planing on playing it, Now I will with my own server. - I don't want to play with the "Rust" players....

• Like 2

TBH i bought in LiF, as well as many of my wurm friends, if LiF proves to be a fun game, goodbye wurm. This game is only getting worse

• Like 3

So LiF failed. Who couldn't see that coming ... I was from the first ones to point out that this trash would never make it as an MMO. Turns out I was right, ###### yea.

• Like 2

Yeah, the main game will come at some point in time, meaning probably when they have a new engine and 2 years of more powerful computer development for servers.

It really feels like he couldn't fix the alpha crashing issues and was facing a steam deadline to produce or lose greenlight.

Oh i despise the developer, i think hes awful at his job, but the concept of the game, and from the playtime ive had in alpha it shows promise.

Eh, I assume this game requires constant GM/Admin support.  Sooo, big servers will live, the little ones will most likely die because if someone has a problem, and it cannot be fixed.. well there's always other servers.

And if there are Official Servers run by the game, they will be the largest.  Hopefully they will have constant staff on, be it like Wurm or not.

Still has potential.  Sucks that they opened it up to player servers.

• Like 2

Good decision on their part imo. They never got the funding they needed to really make it MMO style.

Better something than nothing? Open world PvP isn't my thing either way.

And that boys, is why you don't write games in C++. They don't even make it in production :P

Well it seems the days of paid alpha and promises of a cool new game will be short lived. Has there been any successful ones yet? Just let them get to full release and stop wasting your money. Also maybe this will show some people that what Rolf has accomplished here with wurm even with its flaws is still a great thing and gets better all the time i am not sure anyone can even come close to it.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

just watched some gameplay videos. Totally made my nauseous. Bleh.  One of the things I love about Wurm.  I don't have to stop playing every 5 min and stare at the horizon.

Nah, the paid servers will be nice for small groups, but the official ones will be larger. They didn't abandon the original plan.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 8, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, May 8, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

If I was aloud to I would paste you a link to their blog that would explain it.

Honestly I wasn't that fond of LiF due to the twitch gameplay in an MMO, but being able to host my own server means the likelihood of them getting my money has increased dramatically.

I think its still going to be fun and a great game having smaller private servers first and a bigger server added later.  The small servers will have enough room for 64 players and who ever makes the server will have full control, and be able to configure things as you wish and invite whom you want.  

So yeah Lif has a New Direction to start and now the players will control what happens in each of their servers so no forced PvP if you do not want it and you will only have players you want there. :D

I think he already sold one kidney and needs to keep the other one.

It's amusing to see so many opinions about something that people know nothing about except theory and a few limited hours of first stage testing Alpha.

But I guess that's human nature. People see a space and can't resist filling it with all kinds of crap.

• Like 1

I think he already sold one kidney and needs to keep the other one.

It's amusing to see so many opinions about something that people know nothing about except theory and a few limited hours of first stage testing Alpha.

But I guess that's human nature. People see a space and can't resist filling it with all kinds of crap.

Its not realy a theory, bobik made an official post confirming it

Oh I didn't mean the new plans - I meant the whole game in general.

Sounds interesting, but it does make me think they are in dire need of money. Their new plans allows them to release something a lot sooner and will probably attract a crowd which wasn't interested in the MMO, but is interested in playing on their own server with friends. Now there's nothing actually wrong with that, but the money issues do raise some alarms for me as there's no guarantee that an early access game will ever be finished (which is why I almost always stay away from them).

haha some people make such derp comments its insane, Issle nothing you have said is even remotely true it just makes you look like an idiot.

As for LiF.... its not dead, but only people who can read and understand what they are reading will realise what the changes are for....

They aren't some huge AA title who are funding millions on a game, they are a group of indie devs working hard to accomplish something, yet people comment as if they should have all the money in the world to achieve their goals. Give them a chance instead of slating them at their first problem.

• Like 3

And that boys, is why you don't write games in C++. They don't even make it in production :P

You do know nearly every game is written in C++ right? and to work as a game developer for any console you require a huge amount of C++ experience

This makes me want to play it more now as well. Having said that it shows you how special Wurm is and how it handles its netcode (even if flawed at times).

Honestly I wasn't that fond of LiF due to the twitch gameplay in an MMO, but being able to host my own server means the likelihood of them getting my money has increased dramatically.

This.

Now I see myself playing in servers only for combat/RP in a future.

You do know nearly every game is written in C++ right? and to work as a game developer for any console you require a huge amount of C++ experience

Hell QA usually likes you to have a bit of C++, pearl and python as well.  It's about using the best tool for the task, not driving some platform specific vendetta.