Sign in to follow this  
Samool

Lost two HOTA statues!

I've lost two hota statues.They were both planted on my deed but because of some bug settings have changed so everyone was able to pick up items there. GMs can't do anything, so if anyone know who stole them, please tell me. It was a pink deer statue and red warrior and bear.  Please pm me any info if you know something about them.

hota.png

Can you look in its' eyes without crying? :(

Hope you get em back. Same thing happened to me, and the GM's once again showed how much control to help they have.

That pink deer was my first hota statue ever.. and Samool worked very very hard to get it from me.

Samool has lost his logs, gladly I found the examine of the deer =)

[16:33:32] This statue is the prize of a Hota tournament. The hota statue (lit) is firmly secured to the ground. Colors: R=76, G=0, B=76. Ql: 95.0, Dam: 0.0.

Hope this helps the search.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

I haven't seen anyone unusual in the area. but I'll keep an eye out

This is really fishy. Temporary bug lets people loot statues from deeds? How did they know about this bug if it was so temporary? Shouldn't the devs just claim responsibility and replace them since it's THEIR fault the bug happened in the first place? Have you contacted a GM yet?

• Like 4

Yeah, I did contact a gm, but they can't do anything about it.

Where was the original location?

Silver Hill, X21Y26 on validate's map.

"Deed it or and loose it"

fixed.

• Like 1

Bump, I guess there could be some hugs and coins for finder.

The only bug of similar nature that I have heard of is villagers being able to pick stuff up on deed...http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/97759-everyone-can-pick-up-lamps-and-hota-statues/

Haven't heard of it being every player. Which makes me wonder.

As far as I know, it's not every player.

I bet OP is part of one of those popular area alliances, in which he allied with a bunch of strangers. 

As far as I know, it's not every player.

I bet OP is part of one of those popular area alliances, in which he allied with a bunch of strangers. 

He is right beside me in our small alliance of about 10 deeds, I keep a tight eye on who joins and pay attention to what goes on. The only reason a member would take it in our alliance would be to protect it to return later to properly secure. We are all still looking Samool, He is a good guy and worked hard for those statues.

I am pretty sure if you planted them.. only someone who is in your Village can pickup ...

this will also cancel out pickup rules on deed.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

I am pretty sure if you planted them.. only someone who is in your Village can pickup ...

this will also cancel out pickup rules on deed.

Hope this helps

Issue here is Samool has no villagers, and being an alliance member when he planted them, I went over to make sure no one could pick them up and steal them on him. So issue is that someone ran off with his statues during a time when there was a bug that changed the settings to allow anyone to pick them up.

• Like 1

Keeping an eye out, checking my logs on a daily basis for suspicious HOTA trades, have found one pink deer but it is not 'the one'. :(

I am also keeping an eye out, Samool, but so far nothing :( Not too many pink deer statues out there, so that helps in the search, but again... nothing yet.

I checked a few of the main HoTAs markets and didn't see them

How long ago were these planted?

There was a point where previously planted statues were made able to pick up (Rolf made a change or something). If they were planted within 2 years or so they will be fine. Possibly the setting allows picking up and the statues were bugged into not being properly planted.

Sad to hear about your losses, I believe that deer was the first statue I sold to sillaka or something like that.

How long ago were these planted?

There was a point where previously planted statues were made able to pick up (Rolf made a change or something). If they were planted within 2 years or so they will be fine. Possibly the setting allows picking up and the statues were bugged into not being properly planted.

Sad to hear about your losses, I believe that deer was the first statue I sold to sillaka or something like that.

Yep, loved it =)

afaik that bug was only in epic, when I heard of it and went to test my statues they were all ok.

Yep, loved it =)

afaik that bug was only in epic, when I heard of it and went to test my statues they were all ok.

Nope happened on Chaos, so would happen on Freedom also :)

i`ve also seen people pass trough my locked gates, until now it was a single guy on a wagon. that`s why i keep my hota demon locked in my house, house has better protection and nobody can ever enter unless allowed to.

Also some people can steal some hots flags on freedom on people deeds. they practically get steal option for some flags. also that`s why i keep those inside house also xD

Hi, i have not seen any of those statues but I am curious what this bug was or is about and what to pay attention to to prevent it, or what to check for to find and fix it? Surely I dont want any stranger coming to pick up random things or pass my gates or wreck any other havok on my place.

• Like 1

Hi, i have not seen any of those statues but I am curious what this bug was or is about and what to pay attention to to prevent it, or what to check for to find and fix it? Surely I dont want any stranger coming to pick up random things or pass my gates or wreck any other havok on my place.

not sure if this is fixed now or not but i think it was the bug that allowed any citizen of your the deed where the statue was planted to take it