Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Pristine RoS Cast This Weekend

If nobody is already planning to do it, lets do it this weekend :)

I can cast it myself, but don't really care who does if someone else wants their name on the wiki.

Anyway, which works better? Saturday or Sunday? And what would be an optimal time to catch most players online?

Lets discuss :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure there will be enough "prayer points" built up yet for a public casting as it only became available again on Monday evening :(

Which message is it giving on Pristine? It's still "cannot grant that power right now" on Release.

I tried to cast and it just said not enough favor. I had thought it would tell me it wasn't ready instead if it wasn't. I was probably wrong though xD

Weekend after then!?!? :)

It's castable now yes, however if we plan a public one then its reasonable to expect more people to login for it which could well cause it to become uncastable again due to all the extra alts etc that haven't donated any "prayer points". I think last time we waited about a week and a half after it became castable before attempting it, and well... that didn't work out so well!

The more of a pray buffer we can build up before casting the better, but then it also runs the risk of someone ninjaing it before then :( It's a tricky one for sure!

Saturdays at 9pm GMT Are usually the best times to cast a RoS

Make sure you post who was the caster and who was linked, where it took place and what time.

The Shrimp man really likes to document that stuff in the wiki.

• Like 1

In terms of self-interest, I'd be happier if we did it next week.

Otherwise Saturday 9-10PM GMT works reasonably okay for me.

And watch out for those Ninja Priests

ROS cast should spawn a serverwide poll lasting 5 minutes. If more than 50% of prems refuse to accept it, cast fails. At least give the community a chance to defend themselves against ninjas :/ Even if in an altruistic sense only.

• Like 1

ROS cast should spawn a serverwide poll lasting 5 minutes. If more than 50% of prems refuse to accept it, cast fails. At least give the community a chance to defend themselves against ninjas :/ Even if in an altruistic sense only.

That is a damn good idea!

better idea would be to change RoS mechanic so EVERYONE on that server benfits online or not, then it wont matter when where it cast ever

• Like 2

So we're down to about half a day before a potential cast.  Can we get a definite time/date if it's going to be this weekend?

(If not, we have plenty more time to discuss).

Would like an update on this as well. Sunday is mother's day in the US. I'll be on, but I'm not sure when, and I wouldn't want to miss the RoS cast.

I haven't heard anything about doing it this weekend further from anyone else. So it seems like next weekend will be best.

I'll put an auction timer in and update the OP when I can get to a pc.

Ill plan for Saturday the 17th.

I'll cast it unless someone else lets me know they want to.

• Like 1

In the meantime ask less questions and pray more ;)

• Like 1

we still haven't got a official post with auction timer

we still haven't got a official post with auction timer

Oh Xor... :P

seeing as they no updates here and not aution time i think we should assume this is a non-event?

This Saturday should work fine in my opinion. If I bring my priests and Aum or Blast logs in Blast's priests we'll have enough.

Saturday at 10pm CET / 4pm EST seems to be the best time. It gives both euros and yanks time to grind during the weekend, both before and after the cast.

I can host it at Reddit again if there's interest. It's a it more central than Blossom and close to multiple highways.

Yeah, let's get this done, this weekend.