Sign in to follow this  
Carnaxus

Community project idea: Clean up the Freedom Market public mine

Freedom Market Public Mine clean up and repair  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should we even bother? (Note: Choose N/A answer on other question if you chose "No" here)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Can you help? If so, please POST IN THE THREAD with the name of the character you will be using.

• Yes, I can help with the work and can provide materials.
    • Yes, I can help with the work.
    • Yes, I can provide materials.
    • Sorry, I'm too busy.
    • N/A, I didn't think this was a good idea.

Nice to see the thread updated about it:S 

Nice to see the thread updated about it:S 

Er.  You've been reminding me about stuff I forgot this whole time...I almost want to hand the thread organization off to you!

Updated first post.

Like Atazs, I had no idea this had already begun. Figured the first thread was just to express interest and figure the workings out before organising a starting date. 

I'm still working on something currently so won't be able to attend as hoped. But good luck and look forward to seeing how it comes along :D

Edited by Lolly1

Well, it'll probably take a while to complete, so if you finish your project first, come on up.  Sorry for not updating the first post like I really should have, I've always been horrible at remembering stuff like that.

That being said, updated the first post just now with the absolute latest news.  :P

I totally remember that mine 2 years ago. Was quite messy already, and must be a nuisance now.

So I would probably like to help at least a little. Ingame char: Dartaranius . Write me and tell what can I do. Have 50 mining, have 60 masonry. Have 68 carpentry. Have a lot of other skills, have good tools. Will probably be very useful.

Online between 2 PM and 2 AM GMT +4 Moscow.

EDIT: it seems that I cant help much by creating sacrificing items, so I decided to push chests into one location so that entrance is less cluttered. Most of them will rot anyway. Update: pushed everything, seems nice.

Edited by dart193

I can probably roll by with my Mag Priest Jiipee, time is a bit of a mix because of my working hours, but he has a pickaxe and a statuette, so if there is a source of favour, he can Strongwall and/or mine

Most of the casts are done by now, and the remaining casts are accounted for in terms of saccing items generously supplied by several people.

I'm waiting on a forum PM reply from Kikriana before I'm able to give more precise info, but the mining will likely start somewhen in the next few days.

More info to follow tomorrow or day after.

Waiting on the update to finish downloading, then I'll be ingame.  We can start the mining whenever we have people there.  I'll update the first post.

Hear ye, hear ye!

After 325 (+/-5) Strongwall casts with tremendous help of people providing saccing items, the time hath cometh to request thine help!

The planned tunnel to cover at least 1 of the vein types that were found in FM Public Mine (including the 1 copper vein) is as follows:

PRsIwtZ.png

The actual first tunnel tile inside is the "1", the black outline added to distinguish rock wall from rock floor better. The rienforced walls shown are already reinforced, mainly just shown as indicators.

This tunnel consists of 71 tiles, of which the first 4 (within Freedom Market deed) are already mined out.

Now this is the part where We Want You, to help us mine!

I'm gonna straight up copy that into the first post.  :P

You forget to get rid of "mine closed" sign, it is open now I think

D'oh.  Did you guys finish cleaning out the rock shards?

Edited by Carnaxus

I remember having seen that mine a while back when I travelled to FM... it's really cool what you all do there! I'm sure it will be a much less frightening sight now for Newbies^^

Edited by Cayce

Less frightening for new and old players, honestly.  The old mine was an absolute disaster zone.

I picked up the rubble, and left 2 large crates as trash bins for anyone who wants to do extra work.  I'll pick up the crates in half a week.  Anyone on this thread that feels that he/she forgot the rubble he/she created can PM me, Candyboy, within the next month or so..

I went through and cleaned up everything on the floor that wasn't rock shards.  Thanks for taking care of that half, Candyboy.  Drop by next time you're in the neighborhood of Aenasan and I'll smith up some tools for ya.

Edited by Carnaxus

Nice work, I remember this mine being a mess when I started 3 years ago.