Sign in to follow this  
MrGARY

Another thread about Valrei - change sacrifice to slay

Simple change really, for some reason home server missions were mostly changed to sacrificing animals when it comes to domestic animals (horses, cows, dogs, bulls, etc) from the normal just kill them missions. 

What this means is, go run out and grab 4 animals (unless it's something like dogs, then its tame and run back over and over), then run back to an altar, sit there for 2 minutes sacrificing, then repeat this as many times as animals available allows, for a total of over 400 sometimes. 

It's not really fun to do and isn't very encouraging much less including the fact that sacrificial knives aren't exactly easy to make for newer players looking to get involved with Valrei

• Like 5

I think "sacraficing" is cool for the missions, I think however it needs to be more....fleshed out.

Less timers, and maybe less required for the mission. (400 sacrifices x 2 minutes =....yeah, no)

+1 remove sacrificing animals.

Also remove build missions, or at least, make them less common. It seems every other mission is a build mission, and most of the time Vynora and Fo both have a build mission at the same time. The system tends to favor a certain type of structure to be built, which only changes every few months. They are hard to make, require a lot of materials, and they are hardly ever completed, especially ones that require rare materials like white dotted flowers.

Fo wants you to sacrifice 400 foals.

Hi there ratio, how are you doing?

Fo wants you to sacrifice 400 cows.

Hey ratio, nice to see you again.

Besides the crazy amount of animals, the ratio makes those missions even less viable.

Hey Jk guys dont complain, u have 2 gods alrdy, totally unfair.

I agree that foals and cows are just impossible to do. Even without a ratio it would be impossible since how will u get 400 foals in a few days. That would completely destroy the other spawns.

I've seen missions that go both ways, some say to slay, some say to sacrifice.  No the knife isn't easy to make, better get busy working on it.

+ 1 either remove or tone it down, sac'ing 400-500 of anything is just stupid.

Personally I love the kill missions, gets people off deed and out and about and the numbers required make it something everyone can get involved with.

• Like 2

+ 1 either remove or tone it down, sac'ing 400-500 of anything is just stupid.

Personally I love the kill missions, gets people off deed and out and about and the numbers required make it something everyone can get involved with.

This is exactly it, though 400 horses is more than fine, mrh (mostly sme and i...) have done two 450~ sac horse missions in the last week, just actually giving people an incentive to gain fs and weaponskill amongst other things is good for a pvp cluster

What this means is, go run out and grab 4 animals (unless it's something like dogs, then its tame and run back over and over), then run back to an altar,

Get a metal bowl (it doesn't work with pottery bowl), get it blessed by a priest of your deity, drop it in front of the animal, activate your knife, sacrifice. Get the bowl back, move to the next animal, drop the bowl, sacrifice, get the bowl back, repeat the process until you are done.

Edited by Serpentarius

Get a metal bowl (it doesn't work with pottery bowl), get it blessed by a priest of your deity, drop it in front of the animal, activate your knife, sacrifice. Get the bowl back, move to the next animal, drop the bowl, sacrifice, get the bowl back, repeat the process until you are done.

I've heard about this; yet most of my suggestion/argument still stands

-1 shuld be a pain to do the missions on home sever. Its not for one person and the home server shuld just work together

Edited by mrgbgbo

-1 shuld be a pain to do the missions on home sever. Its not for one person and the home server shuld just work together

That logic is so incredibly flawed when having something such as a sacrificial knife that many players cannot create only makes the missions more for fewer people that are able to make and do these missions, also considering the extra time given for having to gather and sacrifice animals which many players may not have to waste

The last two sac 450~ horse missions on mrh were done mostly by 2-3 people, many more would join in if all they had to do was simply kill the horse, so please rethink your "answer"

Sorry not gonna rethink if u are on the homesever and want more people to do it help them... Do the knife for them tell them why it is important to do it and so on... Its not sopose to be for 2-3 people just make them care or just do it ur self... Dont make rolf change the game cus u are lazy...

Well I did do them myself with a couple others most, the aim of this suggestion is to make it easier to get more people with interest involved rather than babysit people

It just sound that those people who already do the missions on homeserver just want them to be easier not make it more intresting for the new people.

So if rolf made somthing like evryone got karma after the mission was done and u get more karma and senario points when more people was involved and not the other way around.

It just sound that those people who already do the missions on homeserver just want them to be easier not make it more intresting for the new people.

So if rolf made somthing like evryone got karma after the mission was done and u get more karma and senario points when more people was involved and not the other way around.

Not really, everyone does slay missions, no one does sacrifice.

And giving more karma/points for more people being involved is a bit backwards, home server missions would be rewarded even more from having a feature like that.

Having two gods that each give a pylon mission is so much easier than one god that gives a pylon mission... but you should know this considering all your alts can check our missions anyway.

I like the sacrifice missions, it makes sense (in religious culture sacrificing animals is a great gift to please the gods) but hell yes those numbers need to be toned down. Sacrifice shouldn't be more than a handful of animals, 10 at most.

• Like 1

Yet again, another good suggestion that the devs completely ignore because it wasn't emailed to Rolf. Now that Rolf supposedly isn't taking suggestions through IRC and email, I guess there is no possible method of getting suggestions to the development team. Nice going Code Club.