Sign in to follow this  
Addeny

The new animal husbandry trait?

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php?title=Animal_husbandry

• 0 skill: Horse's color is considered a trait. (Although it DOES NOT go against the trait limit.)
  • 20 (10.56) skill: "It will fight fiercely." (Higher fighting skill?)
  • 21 (11.12) skill: "It has fleeter movement than normal." (Minor speed boost.)
  • 22 (11.68) skill: "It is a tough bugger." (Withstands more damage.)
  • 23 (12.25) skill: "It has a strong body." (Bonus to maintaining top speed.)
  • 24 (12.82) skill: "It has lightning movement." (Randomly increases speed for a short duration.)
  • 25 (13.40) skill: "It can carry more than average." (Less penalty to speed due to high load.)
  • 26 (13.98) skill: "It has very strong leg muscles." (Less penalty to speed due to slope? Does not currently do this.)
  • 27 (14.56) skill: "It has keen senses." (Increased aggression range, or possibly harder to tame?)
  • 28 (15.15) skill: "It has malformed hindlegs." (Minor speed penalty)*
  • 29 (15.74) skill: "The legs are of different length." (Major speed penalty)*
  • 30 (16.33) skill: "It seems overly aggressive." (Goes into frenzy when attacked)*
  • 31 (16.93) skill: "It looks very unmotivated." (Seldom uses speed boosts?)*
  • 32 (17.54) skill: "It is unusually strong willed." (Will stop being led at random.)*
  • 33 (18.15) skill: "It has some illness." (Body strength will slowly reduce over time, which will eventually making the animal unrideable. Note: Genesis will cause it to slowly regain strength up to it's old level.)*
  • 34 (18.76) skill: "It looks constantly hungry." (is twice as fast to become hungry again.)*
  • 39 (21.90) skill: "It looks feeble and unhealthy." (Prone to catching a disease.)*
  • 40 (22.54) skill: "It looks unusually strong and healthy." (Has a higher resistance to disease.)
  • 41 (23.19) skill: "It has a certain spark in its eyes." (Affects breeding? Will not die of old age? Disproved, see talk.)
  • 60 (60) skill: "Bred in captivity."

Anyone have any information on this one?

• Like 1

People were complaining about breeding animals to level fight skill on if i remember correctly so the ones breed in captivity do not give fs when you kill them. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I'm 60+ AH and still to this date have never seen that trait on a bred animal.

Edited by Lolly1
  • Like 1

I'm at 90+ AH, I see this trait on all my bred animals, have been seeing it for over a year now.

Man, what a let down. I was hoping it'd be a trait to make bred aggros not aggressive.

• Like 4

I'm 60+ AH and still to this date have never seen that trait on a bred animal.

You sure? If that's true you must be bugged in some way. It's always the last trait listed.

(although sometimes when you are only just over a number it rounds down - if you are very, very close to 60 that could be it - then it might need a fraction more skill)

Edited by Heboric

You sure? If that's true you must be bugged in some way. It's always the last trait listed.

(although sometimes when you are only just over a number it rounds down - if you are very, very close to 60 that could be it - then it might need a fraction more skill)

Yeah I'm sure :) ... went to my village horse area and examined a few to make certain.

[09:37:31] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. 

[09:38:35] It has fleeter movement than normal. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It has a certain spark in its eyes. 

etc. My skill is at 61.83 so you might be right about being too close to the 60 mark. I'll keep on it :)

I started seeing the trait on all my animals when my AH ticked over to 83 (didn't see it at 82.99).

No, you should be seeing the trait. The rounding issue only occurs in situations like 59.99999 (infinity) where the client would display it as 60.0

[2014-04-15] [15:48:54] You start to tend to Aged fat Chasermountain.

[2014-04-15] [15:48:55] Horses like this one have many uses.

[2014-04-15] [15:48:55] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.

[2014-04-15] [15:48:55] It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. 

[2014-04-16] [14:48:06] Animal husbandry increased by 0,00138 to 83,0006

[2014-04-16] [20:05:08] You start to tend to Aged fat Chasermountain.

[2014-04-16] [20:05:08] Horses like this one have many uses.

[2014-04-16] [20:05:08] She is very strong and has a good reserve of fat.

[2014-04-16] [20:05:08] It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles. It looks unusually strong and healthy. It has been bred in captivity. 

Interesting how this shows up for some and not others. Could there be something else linked in seeing it?

It sounds like the wiki is just wrong (go figure) and it should be 83, not 60.

Changed the wiki. 83 is about 60 skill on Epic. Considering that the entry had 60 listed for regular and epic I'd think whoever added it was actually referring to the epic skill.

• Like 2

People were complaining about breeding animals to level fight skill on if i remember correctly so the ones breed in captivity do not give fs when you kill them. 

If this is what constitutes how changes get made to Wurm, I'm out. Screw this.

Edited by Jeixi

If this is what constitutes how changes get made to Wurm, I'm out. Screw this.

Well it was back when the mobs were not spawning at all and Rolf was trying to find new ways to keep people from hoarding so many. This was just one of the things that was put in to try and help people from keeping so many. There were several things he tried until we got the ratio in place so it was a time when everyone was complaining about anything that made people hoard animals. 

Edit: Same reason that most missions have to do with killing mobs and now the new thing with the animals killing animals it is a constant fight to keep animals spawning and the lag down i guess, lol

Edited by Kegan

Well it was back when the mobs were not spawning at all and Rolf was trying to find new ways to keep people from hoarding so many. This was just one of the things that was put in to try and help people from keeping so many. There were several things he tried until we got the ratio in place so it was a time when everyone was complaining about anything that made people hoard animals. 

Edit: Same reason that most missions have to do with killing mobs and now the new thing with the animals killing animals it is a constant fight to keep animals spawning and the lag down i guess, lol

Im not sure it was specifically for this, iirc it was more due to the fact that you could breed champion animals as a way of fast tracking your fightskill above 70 because of the soft cap,

after the 90% skillgain reduction above 70 you can still pull anywhere from 0.1-0.05 skill on a champ, which made breeding things like champ bears/wolves very appealing back then.........

• Like 1

I was the fool who did the epic levels on the side, but the thing is, I wasn't the one that did the 60 (60), so someone else did it.

Sorry o_o.

I find this kinda stupid. I mean from the point that it has a single trait, you KNOW it was bred in captivity, so why the hell would you even put it at anything past 1 AH? Never mind needing 83 skill?

I find this kinda stupid. I mean from the point that it has a single trait, you KNOW it was bred in captivity, so why the hell would you even put it at anything past 1 AH? Never mind needing 83 skill?

This is obviously meant to make sure  that anyone who grinds FS, bothers to grind AH to 83 first, just so they can check the trait on any aggro mobs before they bother to finish killing them - just in case someone has gone through the trouble of breeding aggro mobs, gotten only bad traits, and genesis'ed them all off before setting them free - just to mess with the fighters  ;)  Or something  :P

• Like 1

Well, it's not really needed anymore, now that the ratio is in effect. I mean, so you kill something and it doesn't give you as much fs... does anyone actually even keep track of what critter gives you how much fs?