Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Remove the "You are in the way of the fence" Nonsense please

Do not require a character to be 'out of the way' to finish the fence  

29 members have voted

1. 1. +1 or -1?

[16:55:08] You are standing in the way of finishing this wall or fence. You have to move to the side.

Usually not an issue at all

Except, right now I am trying to finish a parapet on the 3rd floor of my castle . . and I have falled off the edge 3 times so far and still not completed it :/

(Usually if you want until you get the message to move, you can slowly move towards the edge, and as you fall off you'll complete it).

e to move

Is there a reason this is there? Realism? All it does is annoy the crap out of me because I have to move over to finish.. and on upper floor edges this reaallllyyy becomes an issue.

I suggest the requirement to be 'out of the way' of the fence be removed entirely.

I have added  a pool, so there is not a need to post unless you want to discuss it, or to bump the thread :)

wait you mean that whole thing where if your too close ? just move backwards. don't need to go to the side at all.

• Like 2

wait you mean that whole thing where if your too close ? just move backwards. don't need to go to the side at all.

Nah, to finish the fence you have to be off to the side a little.

It has always been my impression the reason for it was to prevent you from getting stuck in walls you are building. I'm sure it would be even more annoying to build a fence and suddenly find yourself trapped than to merely get a message telling you to move out of the way (and apparently occasionally fall of your roof).

• Like 1

actually, backing up works

yeah just tested

interesting, i never knew that.

Well, i suppose this can be closed.. any issues i had were just solved \o/

• Like 3

i think they should make it so u don't have to back up to the other side of the tile, kinda hard to move around when carying materials to make fences or out of stamina.

I don't understand its purpose, seeing as we are not asked to move when building house walls... it only happens to fence types. I've learned to live with it though, and not something I would consider worthy of priority to the dev team. 

I can see one purpose it might have.

Newbie building enclosure adds last piece accidentally makes a fence instead of gate gets trapped inside and doesn't have the strength to bash his way out.

Hey it could happen...  :P

There have be a plethora of bugs regarding players getting stuck inside walls and buildings when they are complete to close to the builder or others. Some of those were not always fixable with /stuck or a simple relog. This is in place as a preventative measure to protect you genius people from yourselves hopefully to lessen the load on the GM and Dev team and free up time for more important stuff like, new models for seryl. Sarcasm aside, there is a reason why this in place and like already mentioned you dont have to be off the tile you're building on, just a safe distance back. Also it's worth noting that las time I tested you can build from the ground below your house, height plays no role.  

More specifically, fix it so that it only gives that message when you are actually in the way of completing the fence (because getting stuck in fences/walls sucks balls)

I'm not sure I would trust this game to try and locate you that accurately. That's probably why it has the distance it does, to ensure that the game has actually placed you far enough away to not get stuck.

It's still a Band-Aid though and could deserve proper coding to fix the bugs at some point.

It should throw you back, hopefully into another nearby wall. :P

Nah, to finish the fence you have to be off to the side a little.

Actually you can move a bit back, no need to stand to the side, really.

But yeah, unless it serves some sort of safeguard/anti-bug feature its really a useless thing that only servers to make things even more boring.